Spectator’s Guide to Derby Decorum

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Congrats to those of you who scored ringside seats around the TV table. And, since you’re often shown on screen, let’s Ms. Manners your behavior.

> Food. Don’t, just don’t. Unless you’re a runway model nibbling a celery stick …

> Drink. Fancy a beer? Fine, I might too. But, please, one at a time. Prefer a soda? Sorry, not healthy. (It is encouraging how many people have switched to water over the years.) Bonus tip — if you’re male, don’t use a straw. Real men …

> Attire, headwear division. Caps, whether worn backwards, sideways, forward … guys, take ‘em off indoors. A jaunty fedora earns a pass.

Improving pool for the benefit of humanity,

Sunny

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Congrats to those of you who scored ringside seats around the TV table. And, since you’re often shown on screen, let’s Ms. Manners your behavior.

> Food. Don’t, just don’t. Unless you’re a runway model nibbling a celery stick …

> Drink. Fancy a beer? Fine, I might too. But, please, one at a time. Prefer a soda? Sorry, not healthy. (It is encouraging how many people have switched to water over the years.) Bonus tip — if you’re male, don’t use a straw. Real men …

> Attire, headwear division. Caps, whether worn backwards, sideways, forward … guys, take ‘em off indoors. A jaunty fedora earns a pass.

Improving pool for the benefit of humanity,

Sunny

Sure your advice is good when you come and go out of the arena AND when the ice cream place is closed. My biggest gripe is having players wear ratty clothes to play on the broadcast table. Get that straightened out, then the rest will follow. I normally sit next to the cameraman and we share food, candy.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sure your advice is good when you come and go out of the arena AND when the ice cream place is closed. My biggest gripe is having players wear ratty clothes to play on the broadcast table. Get that straightened out, then the rest will follow. I normally sit next to the cameraman and we share food, candy.
Amen, brother! Most guys look like they just took a break from yard work..:rolleyes:

~Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Amen, brother! Most guys look like they just took a break from yard work..:rolleyes:

~Doc

I’m really liking these new play sponsored shirts. I would be willing to put up money for OPORG shirts with our names on them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: