trubute to Bayou

Harley

This post is in memory of Bayou billiards in Baton Rouge La. a month or so ago this wonderful pool hall got damaged by a fire next door, while the main building is still in tact it took a lot of smoke and some fire damage. I personal learned a lot of my skills of pool playing here. I would love to see it open as soon as possible, this pool hall has been around for many years and I am sure that many other residents feel the same way. This pool hall was where you could meet new people in a friendly environment. It was home to a few different bca and apa pool league teams. They had reasonable drink prices, quarter table and nicer pay by the hour tables. I would be glad to donate money to help them, because this was a part of my life that is now gone. I hope they can get everything they need to re open soon.

With love to the spirit that is Bayou,
Jeffrey Smith “Harley”

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Bayou Billiards

Bayou Billiards

Harley, was that the room that Mike Black plays in; and had that 6x12 snooker table? I hope not. That's a good little room. Will it be remodeled?

Doc

Harley

not sure

not sure

im not sure if he played there! but from what i know now they are going to be remodeling

whiteoak

Verified Member
From
Lexington,Tennessee
Harley said:
This post is in memory of Bayou billiards in Baton Rouge La. a month or so ago this wonderful pool hall got damaged by a fire next door, while the main building is still in tact it took a lot of smoke and some fire damage. I personal learned a lot of my skills of pool playing here. I would love to see it open as soon as possible, this pool hall has been around for many years and I am sure that many other residents feel the same way. This pool hall was where you could meet new people in a friendly environment. It was home to a few different bca and apa pool league teams. They had reasonable drink prices, quarter table and nicer pay by the hour tables. I would be glad to donate money to help them, because this was a part of my life that is now gone. I hope they can get everything they need to re open soon.

With love to the spirit that is Bayou,
Jeffrey Smith “Harley”
Harley,Is that the room Mike Danner ran?Mike S.

shootingarts

Procrastination has cost me again!

Procrastination has cost me again!

Procrastination has cost me again. I have been planning a trip to Bayou Billiards for months, ever since I heard that some of the old timers including Jessie that once owned/leased Shopper's Pool Hall can still be found there. Too many other things going on and now a surgery and slow recovery. Hopefully Bayou will be back by the time I am able to play again.

Hu