Shmidt and Gentile II

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Gentile called me to bullshit, we talked about TWSOP and how he was doing in the money games. We then talked about his match with Shmidt and the possibility of them playing again. He said that he wants to play Shmidt again on a tougher table and that he's going to try to get Shmidt's backer to bring John to Vegas to play on the triple shimmed table at Best Billiards in Vegas. Gentile has a lot of gamble and is showing it here again. He's challenging a player that dominated him just a week ago, and all he wants is a change in venue with a tough table. I believe that Gentile has a tough game on any table he plays Shmidt on, and he should be respected for his willingness to play a champion at a game that he just lost at.

I think that if a match could be streamed or should be streamed it's this one. We have contrasting styles on a table that will make both players work for their win, should be a very interesting match to watch.

Dr. Bill

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I agree with your comments about Gentile's game and attitude 100%, it is to be commended. I still like Schmidt on tight pockets. I'd go all into the reasons why, but it maybe would not make sense.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I think that Gentile's 1P management is better than is Schmidt's. But Gentile still needs minimum 9-8 due to Schmidt's firepower; maybe even 10-8, which Schmidt would not likely give. Also, Schmidt moves much better than he did, say, 5 years ago. If Chris loses their next contest, he should be able to get a spot from JS.

I don't know if the guys would want their match streamed or not. Both players have played in Mobile, especially in August at Breakers' annual barbox marathon. There is a real tight Diamond at Bear's, the same one on which Frost and Joyner tangled two years ago. They might agree to neutral territory.

Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member
"If Chris loses their next contest, he should be able to get a spot from JS."

I guess the should there is arguable, but that is what I like about Schmidt, he wouldn't mind a bit playing this, winning, and just calling it after that. Too many of today's "professional gamblers" always seem to want to break even sooner or later. I really like this matchup, very intriguing, forgive if I go on too much about it, but Schmidts intelligence at the table it really underrated. I think schmidt is a very slight dog in the thinking, and a pretty big favorite in the shooting.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Am I the only one here who watched Gentile dismantle Pagulayan at the 2011 Open? I know quite a few of our members were there but can't remember who was in the room at the time. SJD and Lenny were on a smoke break for at least the first (and most memorable) game.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Chris and J.S.

Chris and J.S.

Gentile has the heart of a lion but the shooting ability of a good one pocket player not the ability of a straight pool champion where 8 and out is easy. So he thinks real tight pockets is going to help him ,I still think J.S. fire power is too strong,he diffently needs 9 to 8 to win but you never know.tight pockets could be the answer.Tight pockets do make great players dog it,as Oscar D. proved it against John Morra, everybody thought Morra would crush him but the tight pockets showed how tough it can be. I hope they play, and the match is streamed.