Happy Holidays from Old School!

OldSchool

Verified Member
Happy Holidays fella's. Long time no see. Although I have lurked here for a minute now and then over the past year. Did y'all miss old Old School? :)

I just thought I'd stop by to see what's new and to get some holiday cheer :)

So speakin of that holiday cheer, let's see now ----- Freddie the beard and San Jose Dick still hate each other and the beard is gone. Pittsburgh Billy is still the boss of the shot choices, he and cowboy Dennis hate each other and cowboy has left town. The ghost is funny but still too cocky. San Jose Dick is still causing trouble wherever he can, and he and that mr. 3cushion hate each other. A hard drinkin John Brumbach showed some true colors awhile back saying the nastiest things I've seen yet on this site about Freddie the beard, nastier than anything that the cowboy Dennis ever said, hard as that is to believe. Supposed nice guy Gulfport Doc also showed some true colors, he's a racist, calling spanish and asian people derogatory names on here the other day. A fat pool player from Florida was on here for awhile, adding his special brand of charm to the onepocket.org hugs and kisses. The beard and San francisco Bill hate each other. Did I miss anything? I'm sure I did, but I'm getting teary eyed just about now from all of this holiday cheer :heh

But there's still hope. :) The ladies on here are still golden, although I haven't seen that nice fanatic girl post for awhile. There's still some old regulars on here that seem like nice fella's, like III, John Henderson, vapros, petie, that Colonel Bill, and a couple more. And I've noticed some new young guys on here that seem like nice young men, tony, tyler, dudley, etc.

Ok now. Gotta go. Carry on men. Maybe I'll come back at Christmas time for some more holiday cheer :lol

Old School

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I missed out on all the different catagories:)

Happy holidays too you. I would love to play some old school 1P if your around my travels....

Happy Holidays fella's. Long time no see. Although I have lurked here for a minute now and then over the past year. Did y'all miss old Old School? :)

So speakin of that holiday cheer, let's see now ----- Freddie the beard and San Jose Dick still hate each other and the beard is gone. Pittsburgh Billy is still the boss of the shot choices, he and cowboy Dennis hate each other and cowboy has left town. The ghost is funny but still too cocky. San Jose Dick is still causing trouble wherever he can, and he and that mr. 3cushion hate each other. A hard drinkin John Brumbach showed some true colors awhile back saying the nastiest things I've seen yet on this site about Freddie the beard, nastier than anything that the cowboy Dennis ever said, hard as that is to believe. Supposed nice guy Gulfport Doc also showed some true colors, he's a racist, calling spanish and asian people derogatory names on here the other day. A fat pool player from Florida was on here for awhile, adding his special brand of charm to the onepocket.org hugs and kisses. The beard and San francisco Bill hate each other. Did I miss anything? I'm sure I did, but I'm getting teary eyed just about now from all of this holiday cheer :heh

But there's still hope. :) The ladies on here are still golden, although I haven't seen that nice fanatic girl post for awhile. There's still some old regulars on here that seem like nice fella's, like III, John Henderson, vapros, that Colonel Bill, and a couple more. And I've noticed some new young guys on here that seem like nice young men, tony, tyler, dudley, etc.

Ok now. Gotta go. Carry on men. Maybe I'll come back at Christmas time for some more holiday cheer :lol

Old School

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Happy Holidays fella's. Long time no see. Although I have lurked here for a minute now and then over the past year. Did y'all miss old Old School?

I just thought I'd stop by to see what's new and to get some holiday cheer

But there's still hope. :) The ladies on here are still golden, although I haven't seen that nice fanatic girl post for awhile. There's still some old regulars on here that seem like nice fella's, like III, John Henderson, vapros, that Colonel Bill, and a couple more. And I've noticed some new young guys on here that seem like nice young men, tony, tyler, dudley, etc.

Old School

Hey Old School.....I've got a reason for being this way...it's the result of a joke that we used to tell back in grade school...it was one of those wise old Confucious quotation sayings/jokes - anybody else here remember those?...anyway, this one went like this...

Confucious say: "Man with hole in pocket, feel cocky all day"...:lol...:p

- Ghost

PS, And yo Old School...I'm really not that cocky (although the ladies would disagree) and I'm not a bad guy if you get to know me..and just to prove it...you've got 10-8 if we ever meet...:eek:...:heh...:)

PPS, And oh yeah - the Ghost almost forgot to be polite (had to come back and edit :)) - thanks for the "ghost is funny" compliment...:heh

Last edited:

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
OldSchool, welcome back. Love to hear some of your reminiscences from back in the day.

OldSchool

Verified Member
OldSchool, welcome back. Love to hear some of your reminiscences from back in the day.

Thank you. And I've seen from some posts that you've made that we share a liking and respect for a great player from the past. You were lucky to have known him: Mexican Johnny Vasquez. Younger members on here are not familiar with him since he's a player from the 50's-70's, but I will just say this about Johnny: Not only was he was a champion level player in all games, he was also the most powerful, intimidating presence that a player could ever see, facing him across the pool table.

OldSchool

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

But there's still hope. :) The ladies on here are still golden, although I haven't seen that nice fanatic girl post for awhile. There's still some old regulars on here that seem like nice fella's, like III, John Henderson, vapros, petie, that Colonel Bill, and a couple more. And I've noticed some new young guys on here that seem like nice young men, tony, tyler, dudley, etc.

Old School

This is the boss of the shot choices. Seems like you have everything pegged (as usual) categorizing, and labeling people. However, you're right again. This site like all other sites share the same in regard to good guys and other types. My question to you is... How would you categorize yourself? Are you a cocky person? A civil person? A good guy? Or maybe just someone who likes to "stir shit" Cheers.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
This is the boss of the shot choices. Seems like you have everything pegged (as usual) categorizing, and labeling people. However, you're right again. This site like all other sites share the same in regard to good guys and other types. My question to you is... How would you categorize yourself? Are you a cocky person? A civil person? A good guy? Or maybe just someone who likes to "stir shit" Cheers.Dr. Bill

i think old school falls here
icbw
where does mischeiveiousness stop and stir the sh*t start????
i hope i dont lose my "nice guy" status:)

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
This is the boss of the shot choices. Seems like you have everything pegged (as usual) categorizing, and labeling people. However, you're right again. This site like all other sites share the same in regard to good guys and other types. My question to you is... How would you categorize yourself? Are you a cocky person? A civil person? A good guy? Or maybe just someone who likes to "stir shit" Cheers.

Dr. Bill

Most of what he said was not too far off the mark, however we all can make our own judgements, so what is his purpose? I think shit stirrer is accurate. BTW, I think Dennis was the hands down winner on saying the most hateful stuff I have read anywhere. JMO. He may be a great guy to some, but that little quirk tainted his contributions, again, IMO.

In all of my interactions with Doc, he has been very cordial.

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
old school is witty and a great one for getting everyones goat. he aint no dummy and brings alot to the table if you can read between his lines. and i suppose the ghost cant give him no 10 to 8.

tylerdurden

Verified Member

Old School

My only comment is I personally feel Brumback is up there at the top of the "commodities" list as far as the posters go here. Not even saying if I agree or disagree with what he said, but I will say that I'll give a guy the benefit of the doubt on one or two tirades.

Doc seems solid. I didn't see what you are talking about. Although he did say there were no deleterious health effects of smoking next to children. That kind of rocked me (and I don't even like kids).

Billy is as solid as they come, I mean cmon.

I like Duck, but he needs to add a little sophistication and maturity to his posts, but he already knows I think that. Solid guy though no doubt.

bozman445

Verified Member
My only comment is I personally feel Brumback is up there at the top of the "commodities" list as far as the posters go here. Not even saying if I agree or disagree with what he said, but I will say that I'll give a guy the benefit of the doubt on one or two tirades.

Doc seems solid. I didn't see what you are talking about. Although he did say there were no deleterious health effects of smoking next to children. That kind of rocked me (and I don't even like kids).

I like Duck, but he needs to add a little sophistication and maturity to his posts, but he already knows I think that. Solid guy though no doubt.

Are you saying that you are giving Brumback the benefit of the doubt on his wild drunken, unfounded tirade against the beard? He called him a $50 nit! among some of the nicer things.
No wonder he aint posting anymore.

Bozman

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
It was....

It was....

.... a gas oldschool,y'all come back here and bring lotsa presents.Always a pleasure to hear from a true gentleman.HST couldnt of said it better....

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Tyler, not to open any old wounds, but the entire thread was comprised of ex-smoker's (and a few current smoker's) NONE of whom concurred with your take on 'second hand smoke' !...I don't think its fair that you singled out Doc. You may want to apologize to him..:D..You fought the good fight though, albeit against insurmountable evidence to the contrary..Don't mean to be rude..You may be suffering from "anosmia", or "dysosmia"->>>

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Smelling+Disorders <

"Baby Killer" McDuck

PS..Thanks for the new word, "deleterious"...I looked it up in Webster's, and theres a picture of Mr. PC right next to it..:p :p :p

Last edited:

OldSchool

Verified Member

Dr. Bill

A good guy...like you...:)

OldSchool

Verified Member
old school is witty and a great one for getting everyones goat. he aint no dummy and brings alot to the table if you can read between his lines. and i suppose the ghost cant give him no 10 to 8.

Of course he could beatle, so he should probably give me 10-7 instead ;)

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Are you saying that you are giving Brumback the benefit of the doubt on his wild drunken, unfounded tirade against the beard? He called him a $50 nit! among some of the nicer things.
No wonder he aint posting anymore.

Bozman

I'm actually going beyond that, and saying his posts are worth enough to give him the benefit of the doubt even if he did it again. So yes. I mean, would you rather have or not have John Brumback post in the banks section, it is not a difficult decision. Anybody who's had any dealings with him knows 100% he is a great guy who isn't perfect, yet none of us are without our blemishes.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I'm actually going beyond that, and saying his posts are worth enough to give him the benefit of the doubt even if he did it again. So yes. I mean, would you rather have or not have John Brumback post in the banks section, it is not a difficult decision. Anybody who's had any dealings with him knows 100% he is a great guy who isn't perfect, yet none of us are without our blemishes.

Yes, JB apologized profusely for that incident and The Beard accepted it and they remain good friends. JB has donated a huge amount of advice and instructions and stories. I'm only sorry that the bank forum has so little action so he would post more and that Fred has been inactive for the most part. Pool playing can be gloomy and stressful at times, so I believe in trying to boost up and encourage players and posters on the site. I notice trouble can start quickly when posters start trying to give orders to others and make unfounded accusations.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Tyler, not to open any old wounds, but the entire thread was comprised of ex-smoker's (and a few current smoker's) NONE of whom concurred with your take on 'second hand smoke' !...I don't think its fair that you singled out Doc. You may want to apologize to him..:D..You fought the good fight though, albeit against insurmountable evidence to the contrary..Don't mean to be rude..You may be suffering from "anosmia", or "dysosmia"->>>

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Smelling+Disorders <

"Baby Killer" McDuck

PS..Thanks for the new word, "deleterious"...I looked it up in Webster's, and theres a picture of Mr. PC right next to it..:p :p :p

Again, more telling behavior on your part duck. I have addressed this issue a number of times in the thread. The majority are not always right. In fact, history tells us they have a great propensity to be wrong.... examples which you failed to understand hitherto....

Do you think the majority was right when most people thought women should not be allowed to vote? What about in the recent election, was the majority right (snicker)?

The majority has been wrong many times in history, so "me and all my buddies say so" is not a good argument (for the 3rd time).

So, if you can come up with some reasonable arguments, I'll address them. Up to this point, I have addressed them all, even the not so reasonable ones. But, your childish and intellectually empty postings don't need to be responded to, they speak for themselves. So go ahead and continue on your impudent path of rationalizing and making others around you less healthy without any thought whatsoever.