Shot After The Break

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
timdog24 said:
How 'bout shooting the 9 into the 8, banking the 8 towards your hole and sticking the cue ball on top of the stack.
thats the same shot i like also, its even better that the 9 doesn't go between the 2 balls on the rail b/c imop depending on the actual angle there (its hard to tell exactness on such a photo lol)

but the CB looks like she will be nicely tucked in bed and the 9 if hit right into the 8 will travel up towards the side pocket on the opponents side and possibly blocking a shooting lane by tying it up with the other ball that was already sitting there.

not to mention a ball by your hole, and did i mention that snow white is safe?;)

-Grey GHost

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
thats awesome but do you think this sequence would be more beneficial......?

thats awesome but do you think this sequence would be more beneficial......?

androd said:
Here's another idea.
Rod.

its a lower % shot imop but still very nice and very effective moving more of the pack to your side but you could be off an inch and sell out the lower ball and then they bank one of the balls you pushed by your hole and maybe run quite a few if everything went right for them an not you lol.........

but the other shot is more of a lock to me as i have that ball by my hole and and whitey is tied down and no matter which way they go I'll be able to either shoot their corner balls out and safe the CB back bh my vantage side of the stack.

Or the leave the rock on my side and then YOUR SHOT HAPPENS so instead of only having 2-3 balls on my side of the table I now have 4-6 balls on my side.....

i love your shot but i'm thinking sequence here..........and the possible larger gain by playing this sequence and what could possibly be profited % wise by shooting this sequence in stead of leading with your choice.....

of course its always somewhat subjective to the individual but this came to my mind and I would love to hear as much conversation on this comparison as I/we can.........

awesome shot ROD!!!!,
-Grey GHost-

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Frank I like that shot also... if by chance I make the 8 I can always play the 9 in the side and leave him a long combo to contemplate...

Bille

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Great minds, etc.....

Great minds, etc.....

androd said:
Here's another idea.
Rod.

If I knew how to draw arrows, thats the shot I would have allready drawn, but I would have killed the cue ball to the side rail first, just above the 9, and wound up closer to the pocket, on the end rail...Looks fool proof to me, and a complete break turn around...:cool:

bstroud

Verified Member
I agree with Dick. This is the most powerful shot and almost guarantees you a shot (at least a bank) after your opponent shoots balls away from your pocket.

Bill S.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
If I knew how to draw arrows, thats the shot I would have allready drawn, but I would have killed the cue ball to the side rail first, just above the 9, and wound up closer to the pocket, on the end rail...Looks fool proof to me, and a complete break turn around...:cool:

Sorry Duck, Didn't have room to go to the side rail.:mad: Added a little English for ya.:D Hows this.
Rod.
PS,I'm using a big CB.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Sorry Duck, Didn't have room to go to the side rail.:mad: Added a little English for ya. Hows this.
Rod.
PS,I'm using a big CB.

Nope, plenty of room to go side rail first .:mad::D ...I want the guy froze on the end rail, near the corner pocket..:cool:

PS..As my GPS says often...you should be "recalculating"..:p

sokaiba

From
Greensboro, NC
SJDinPHX said:
Nope, plenty of room to go side rail first .:mad::D ...I want the guy froze on the end rail, near the corner pocket..:cool:

I say use the head rail first going 2 rails and roll the rock right up on the 1. Then hand the guy a tissue.

senor

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:

I've noticed Rod is always careful not to freeze or handcramp his opponent too badly on the WEI or greenshot. His way of stalling ;)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Greyghost said:
its a lower % shot imop but still very nice and very effective moving more of the pack to your side but you could be off an inch and sell out the lower ball and then they bank one of the balls you pushed by your hole and maybe run quite a few if everything went right for them an not you lol.........

but the other shot is more of a lock to me as i have that ball by my hole and and whitey is tied down and no matter which way they go I'll be able to either shoot their corner balls out and safe the CB back bh my vantage side of the stack.

Or the leave the rock on my side and then YOUR SHOT HAPPENS so instead of only having 2-3 balls on my side of the table I now have 4-6 balls on my side.....

i love your shot but i'm thinking sequence here..........and the possible larger gain by playing this sequence and what could possibly be profited % wise by shooting this sequence in stead of leading with your choice.....

of course its always somewhat subjective to the individual but this came to my mind and I would love to hear as much conversation on this comparison as I/we can.........

awesome shot ROD!!!!,
-Grey GHost-
ok i agree with greyghost
lets hear your reasoning between
the lock miz shot
and the agressive shot of rod that sjd and bstroud like
critique them both and why