alex/scott 138

unoperro

Verified Member
I play too many 10 and 20 games , so I am looking at 2 rail kicking into the 2, to make the 14.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If Scott can see enough of the 10 (12?), he can combo the 3 away from the hole. The CB would be hit with a punch follow, hoping to get the CB up on the rail 2-1/2 diamonds from Alex's pocket.

Otherwise he can bop the 3 out of there with the 5, and stoke the CB with low left two rails up to the opposite corner.

However, if it were me shooting, I'd probably go after the 3 with a firm up and down lag shot off the head rail.

~Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
alex/scott 138

Since it's Scott's shot, I'm thinking he hit the 10 with low right and played the 4 in his corner.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Rod if I lived in Houston I would try to play you every time I walked in the door ......as cheap as possible. Given that I live in Atlanta I am settling for the nuggets that you and many others drop here.

A big THANKS to all.

Hardmix

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Rod if I lived in Houston I would try to play you every time I walked in the door ......as cheap as possible. Given that I live in Atlanta I am settling for the nuggets that you and many others drop here.

A big THANKS to all.

Hardmix

We'd have a hoot.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

A big THANKS to all.

Hardmix

I was gonna go to spend a month in Houston to play Rod and Jeff, but my accountant told my banker and the bastard put a hold on my accounts. :frus

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Thanks for illustrating the shot I mentioned in post #3. Very nice work...:D

~Doc

You're welcome, I would of illustrated the other two, but this was the one I'd try. :):p:D

P.S. If I could see the 10/12ball, I'd bank it and try to go straight up into the balls on my side.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You're welcome, I would of illustrated the other two, but this was the one I'd try. :):p:D

P.S. If I could see the 10/12ball, I'd bank it and try to go straight up into the balls on my side.

That about clears up mostly all the better options.:)

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
For those who like shooting the 12ball into the 3ball why not bank the 12ball like Rod suggested and duck and bury the cue ball in the balls on your side which would protect the 12ball if it didn't fall. This option would open up the balls on your side even more than they're open and develop a more threatening position for the shooter. However, if you insist on clearing the 3ball off the 12ball I would do it like John suggested by going into the stack with the cue ball, similar to how you would play the cue ball if you were to bank the 12ball.

The option that both Doc and Rodney suggested on clearing the 3ball off the 5ball and sending the cue ball two cushions up table is a very strong option, especially in this situation. This type of strategy shows more often than you would think and is often overlooked. The strength of this type of move is that you're leaving distance with the cue ball and at the same time trying to eliminate problematic balls on your opponents side or near your opponents pocket, like here with the 3ball.

Playing passively like Cincy suggested is not advisable in situations like this one. Even if Cincy doesn't leave the two rail bank on the 4ball (like John suggested he would) he will leave his opponent in a position to either move a ball from Cincy's side and protect the 3ball and further apply pressure on Cincy as he develops a more threatening position. Bad idea.:sorry

I don't believe the shooter can see the 12ball to either bank it or clear the 3ball using the 12ball to do it, but could be possible but I don't see that it's available. If i'm correct and it's not available then i'm playing the take out of the 3ball using the 5ball. I wouldn't be opposed to even playing to make the 5ball off the 3ball and send the cue ball two cushions up table, certainly a fair trade off to shoot it in that fashion. As long as you make contact with the 3ball in some fashion is what you should be concerned with but the most important part of the shot is controlling the cue ball, of course you must make contact with the 3ball off the 5ball, that's to be understood. However, you must be cognizant of playing a good cue ball by both controlling the direction it goes and the speed you hit the shot with. Naturally if you play the 5ball into the top of the 3ball your speed will be lessened in comparison to playing the 5ball either into the bottom rail and then into the 3ball or playing the 5ball off the 3ball into the pocket. Controlling the cue ball is paramount using this option, watch out for the scratch (two in the corner) Again, play a good cue ball.

That's my take on this situation, and situations similar to this one. Playing the option of using a ball to take out a ball on your opponents side and traveling away with the cue ball leaving distance is a strong move and should be used more often than it is, like here.

Dr. Bill

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Good shot, Rod. I didn't see the bank. It might be sitting perfectly. Just my luck, though, the CB would probably get buried in the stack...:rolleyes:

~Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
... However, you must be cognizant of playing a good cue ball by both controlling the direction it goes and the speed you hit the shot with. Naturally if you play the 5ball into the top of the 3ball your speed will be lessened in comparison to playing the 5ball either into the bottom rail and then into the 3ball or playing the 5ball off the 3ball into the pocket. Controlling the cue ball is paramount using this option, watch out for the scratch (two in the corner) Again, play a good cue ball.
... Dr. Bill
Bill, using delicatessen words like "cognizant", and earlier, "perspicacious" makes me proud to have an educated home boy from Pittsburgh...:);)

~Doc
we paid
attention
in school

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bill, using delicatessen words like "cognizant", and earlier, "perspicacious" makes me proud to have an educated home boy from Pittsburgh...:);)

~Doc
we paid
attention
in school

Doc, it's not the color of our words but the context of the subject that matters most. Thanks for the recognition of my perspicacity.:D

Dr. Bill