An End-Game Situation

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I was a nervous wreck during this match because I didn't want to look stupid on camera (which I wasn't used to and still aren't).

I only needed two balls to win this game, and my pocket was the lower left. I was up 6-0 at some point, but my opponent managed to catch up and made it 6-5 thanks to my rookie mistakes.

WWYD to redeem yourself?

Attachments

• csi-wwyd..JPG
    csi-wwyd..JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'd bank the 10ball pocket speed and try to lay the CB on the rail right above it, in case it doesn't go.

Attachments

• Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well it looks like a Gold Crown 2, so I'd be using my 22 oz stick with OB Pro Plus shaft, Kamui Super-soft (clear) tip and Russian Magic Chalk.

For this combination (depending on temperature and humidity) I'd probably roll gently on the 4.

Whut?

Ok, so maybe I'd kick-bank that stripe one rail and let whitey drift up behind the 4, but that's a shot for my 21 oz stick with Predator Z-shaft Moori medium and Kamui .98 chalk.

Whut?

Ok, I know I need 11-5 but I got equipment for every situation. :p:

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Well it looks like a Gold Crown 2, so I'd be using my 22 oz stick with OB Pro Plus shaft, Kamui Super-soft (clear) tip and Russian Magic Chalk.

For this combination (depending on temperature and humidity) I'd probably roll gently on the 4.

Whut?

Ok, so maybe I'd kick-bank that stripe one rail and let whitey drift up behind the 4, but that's a shot for my 21 oz stick with Predator Z-shaft Moori medium and Kamui .98 chalk.

Whut?

hehe...

the kick bank is not a bad shot, as long as you miss the 5....good eye John!

Kybanks

Verified Member
Actually in this spot I like moving the 14. I like moving the 14 ball up by the 2 ball and playing the cb to the bottom right corner bout a diamond up on the side rail. I don't like shooting at 1 ball if it can't win me the game.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Actually in this spot I like moving the 14. I like moving the 14 ball up by the 2 ball and playing the cb to the bottom right corner bout a diamond up on the side rail. I don't like shooting at 1 ball if it can't win me the game.

not sure what you mean on this KYB...

I understand not wanting to shoot at a ball unless it can win you the game but I am trying to figure out how you are playing the safety..

thanks!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
The 2-5 2-railer looks like it's dead-on or close to it...you can shoot that, stop your cueball right there, and if you make the 5 you're shaped up for the 14 straight back for your next shot - and you're out - rack em'...:cool:

- Ghost

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
That's funny as hell.:D

You know, I'd like to set this up and see if I can make that kick and hold the CB for the 4. I certainly didn't see that option at the time.

Whut?

Whut?

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
You can win the game from here. WWYD to redeem yourself after being up 6-0 and you playing sloppy enough to let him crawl back to a 6-6 tie?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm gonna roll up on the 4 and bump it out 1 inch and lay whitey on the side of the 4, forcing opponent to go up table as the scratch shot in the side will be wired.

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
If you hit it hard, you want high left to have the CB hook. But you can also hit it pocket speed and still kill the CB somewhat.

a real stroke shot. I like this also. Although believe it or not, it's not so much high left as just left.

beatle

Verified Member
nobody in their right mind would play the combo bank of the five two rails with the2 ball going off to the left. :)

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
oops just saw ghosts post. he finally got one right the old boy did.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
You can win the game from here. WWYD to redeem yourself after being up 6-0 and you playing sloppy enough to let him crawl back to a 6-6 tie?

The 2-5 2-railer looks like it's dead-on or close to it...you can shoot that, stop your cueball right there, and if you make the 5 you're shaped up for the 14 straight back for your next shot - and you're out - rack em'...:cool:

- Ghost

I'm gonna roll up on the 4 and bump it out 1 inch and lay whitey on the side of the 4, forcing opponent to go up table as the scratch shot in the side will be wired.
the ghost shot could win you the game (good eye ghost..:) )
but for me
i am bumping the 4....:sorry...icbw

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Whut?

Whut?

I like your thinking and your shot.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois

- Ghost

I'm in agreement with One Pocket Ghost that if the 2 ball-5 ball combination going two rails is dead-on or close to it, then that would be the shot to execute.

Otherwise, the 14 ball would be the shot to execute, using one tip high-one tip left on the cue ball.