Finally switched to a predator

Andy52086

Verified Member
I finally went to the dark side! Played with a schon the last 10 years or so and finally got the nerve to switch to a predator 314 shaft. I am loving it. No deflection and shooting straight as an arrow if my fundamentals remain intact. Anyways. My point is dont be afraid to try something new. I should have years ago!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I finally went to the dark side! Played with a schon the last 10 years or so and finally got the nerve to switch to a predator 314 shaft. I am loving it. No deflection and shooting straight as an arrow if my fundamentals remain intact. Anyways. My point is dont be afraid to try something new. I should have years ago!

The 314-3 probably has a tiny little bit less deflection than the Revo. It’s a good shaft for wood

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

For what it's worth, if I had to do it all over again I'd try to get someone to measure the diameter of my predator shaft on some device where I could photograph the results. I had a Pred shaft for only 5 or 6 months that I had never put anything more abrasive than terrycloth on and when the ferrule cracked I sent it in. They sent it back and said tough shit because it was under the minimum diameter for them to warranty. I had to throw it away because no one but them -- as far as a I know -- can replace a ferrule because of the carbon fiber insert. (I buy OB shafts now...)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
For what it's worth, if I had to do it all over again I'd try to get someone to measure the diameter of my predator shaft on some device where I could photograph the results. I had a Pred shaft for only 5 or 6 months that I had never put anything more abrasive than terrycloth on and when the ferrule cracked I sent it in. They sent it back and said tough shit because it was under the minimum diameter for them to warranty. I had to throw it away because no one but them -- as far as a I know -- can replace a ferrule because of the carbon fiber insert. (I buy OB shafts now...)

My ferrel broke, I just put the tip on the end of the wood, plays fine seems to get a little more English.

P.S. Was never sure what the ferrel was for ?