Jeremy Jones vs. Efren Reyes 2009 D.C.C.#3

TheClamp

Bill I see a similar shot that would be much less risky and wouldn't require a bridge.
What do you think: Thin the 14, come off the side rail and park it on the foot rail by JJs pocket ?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bill I see a similar shot that would be much less risky and wouldn't require a bridge.
What do you think: Thin the 14, come off the side rail and park it on the foot rail by JJs pocket ?
Sorry, your playing one pocket not straight pool. Playing one pocket when ever you have balls on your side of the table you need to protect them from being moved by your opponent, your shot allows your opponent to comfortably move the 7 ball from your side of the table, negating one of the strengths of your position.

In my post that preceded your post I mentioned that on my shot the cue ball would end up near the center diamond UTILIZING THE STACK AS A BLOCKER.
The stack would then block any or all shots for my opponent from removing balls from my side of the table, possibly resulting in a more difficult position to defend against.

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Sorry, your playing one pocket not straight pool. Playing one pocket when ever you have balls on your side of the table you need to protect them from being moved by your opponent, your shot allows your opponent to comfortably move the 7 ball from your side of the table, negating one of the strengths of your position.

In my post that preceded your post I mentioned that on my shot the cue ball would end up near the center diamond UTILIZING THE STACK AS A BLOCKER.
The stack would then block any or all shots for my opponent from removing balls from my side of the table, possibly resulting in a more difficult position to defend against.

Billy I.

Bill, Obviously the 'Clamp' is not an "A" player ( maybe even not a "C") however, he offered his opinion, (which was horrible) so rather than demean him, just point out the error of his shot selection...(wheres Artie when you need him)..:frus :rolleyes:

PS..Even Ghoat's and RBL, would recognize that move, as the worst possible option..(maybe)..:p :p :p

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bill, Obviously the 'Clamp' is not an "A" player ( maybe even not a "C") however, he offered his opinion, (which was horrible) so rather than demean him, just point out the error of his shot selection...(wheres Artie when you need him)..:frus :rolleyes:

PS..Even Ghoat's and RBL, would recognize that move, as the worst possible option..(maybe)..:/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't realize that my post was so demeaning, I tried to explain the difference in playing one pocket as opposed to straight pool. I guess The Ghost's rebuttal on how I referred to him as being must have some what influenced you on my communication problems.

Maybe The Cowboy can correct me? What do you think Dennis, did I demean the gentleman? If so I apologize in front, if not then now you know the difference in one pocket strategy as opposed to straight pool.:):):)

Billy I.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

If I was going that route I might consider this to possibly line up a two -fourteen combo to my hole. Only thing is I hate putting another ball on his side. Either way, straight pool or one pocket, you need to try to do what you think is best to help yourself to get another turn at the table. Nevermind I'm shooting at the wrong hole. Dummy me thin shot.JPG

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
For QB to hit side rail and then come back toward 3 looks good but very delicate..the ball your striking (14?) looks like it could very easily squeeze over toward JJ pocket based on my view from the cheap seats

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

PS..Even Ghoat's and RBL, would recognize that move, as the worst possible option..(maybe)..:/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't realize that my post was so demeaning, I tried to explain the difference in playing one pocket as opposed to straight pool. I guess The Ghost's rebuttal on how I referred to him as being must have some what influenced you on my communication problems.

Maybe The Cowboy can correct me? What do you think Dennis, did I demean the gentleman? If so I apologize in front, if not then now you know the difference in one pocket strategy as opposed to straight pool.:):):)

Billy I.

Bill,

I don't feel you demeaned him at all. The only thing I see is that capital letters usually indicate (on the internet) that you are yelling. I'm sure you didn't know that and were just highlighting in caps, I've done the same thing without trying to yell at someone.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i think efren could do this
View attachment 4534
it would disrupt the possible dead combo to jj's pocket also

although i think i would play my shot in post 16
i still dont know why noone has commented on the good/bad of this shot
it moves a ball to efrens side and leaves him(jj) buried in the stack
whats wrong with that??:confused:
unless you think it cant be done:eek:

treeMan

Verified Member

Bill S. liked it. I like it too, I think that's what I'd shoot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

I think it can't be done. If you hit the 5 hard enough to send the 15 to the side rail you will hit the 2 or the 10 with the rock and sell out a shot on it.

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
He could possibly shoot off the 5 ball and drop behind the 8 ball, using the 8 ball as a blocker. If he's able to do that the next time he's back at the table he may have a better position to deal with.

There I go again I could be possibly right.:D
Billy I.

Okay, okay, you get the cookie Bill:). Efren did slide off the 5 ball and he put the rock down by the 8.

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_4.Jpeg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Dudley, I don't think this is a workable shot, anyway, but I believe one could hit it without fouling, by shooting almost directly at the black ball. Don't the rules allow that? How about some comments on this?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
First of all, Larry's shot clearly shows the cueball traveling into the 2 ball (note the red arrowhead), not straight ahead into the 5 ball.

ej1.jpg

Second of all, there are no black balls in the pic:), as I showed in post #34:

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

Because of these two things post #34 applies, just as it did when I wrote it:D.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
First of all, Larry's shot clearly shows the cueball traveling into the 2 ball (note the red arrowhead), not straight ahead into the 5 ball.

View attachment 4550

Second of all, there are no black balls in the pic:), as I showed in post #34:

View attachment 4551

Because of these two things post #34 applies, just as it did when I wrote it:D.

Dennis

you could shoot straight ahead with a smidgeon of low right
even going straight ahead
my concept was to move the stripe to my side and bury him in the stack

even if you took a scratch because it couldnt be hit hard enough

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
you could shoot straight ahead with a smidgeon of low right
even going straight ahead
my concept was to move the stripe to my side and bury him in the stack

If you were to shoot straight ahead into the 5 the low right would not stop you from double-hitting the cueball after it hit the 5 unless you jacked up and hit with draw, which nobody has mentioned doing so far. The low right would not prevent a double-hit foul here. Post #34 stands as correct.

P.S. Grapes of Wrath breath, you show the rock going into the 2 ball, don't be a'changin' your tune now.:)

Dennis