1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Table update. SSSS Classic

Table update. SSSS Classic

Well they put the dresses on our ladies yesterday, and added cushions to her bumpers where needed. They steadied her rolls and leveled her beds so all the girls we will be playing on the 23rd, 4th, and the 25th will be sweet and true!

Counting it down.....>>> 18 days to kickoff.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well they put the dresses on our ladies yesterday, and added cushions to her bumpers where needed. They steadied her rolls and leveled her beds so all the girls we will be playing on the 23rd, 4th, and the 25th will be sweet and true!

That's good news, Jeff. Sounds like Rizzo is going all out for the event! Should be a doozy!

~Doc

onepockethacker

Verified Member

You should have left the tables broken down, wobbly, worn out and faded... to match the players:lol:lol:lol JUST JOKING couldn't resist:D Hopefully you guys are going to be able to do this every year..

have a nice day:)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Yes it looks good.
I went there yesterday, like a road trip for me. About 80 miles round trip.

I've only gambled there once, on a diamond table that I didn't understand.

Have hit a few balls a few times and the GC's are very nice.

I've probably only been there 8/10 times in my life, to visit my friend Rizzo.

I'm probably the only one left that's old enough to call him Johnny, we laughed about that yesterday. :)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
You should have left the tables broken down, wobbly, worn out and faded... to match the players:lol:lol:lol JUST JOKING couldn't resist:D Hopefully you guys are going to be able to do this every year..

All us old guys certainly hope we can do this every year for years to come.:lol

I will be taking some small bets I get in the cash. I could draw Billy & Buddy or some of the other better players and go two and out, or I could go on tilt, which I often do. I do this at our local tournaments and it gets the rail involved and we have fun with it.

I will play $50/100 a game with anyone in the tournament. Hall of Famer's last.:D

Let the woofing begin....

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
All us old guys certainly hope we can do this every year for years to come.:lol

I will be taking some small bets I get in the cash. I could draw Billy & Buddy or some of the other better players and go two and out, or I could go on tilt, which I often do. I do this at our local tournaments and it gets the rail involved and we have fun with it.

I will play $50/100 a game with anyone in the tournament. Hall of Famer's last.:D

Let the woofing begin....

My woof sounds too much like a whine. :eek:

"I will play any living human............................. for 20 bucks." :heh

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Guess there are quite a few players who are 67, 68, & 69 just trying to get old enough to either join our group of retirees or replace those of us who for one reason or another won't be able to attend the next dance in 2016.

I can think of a few that I believe would be glad to play, when they grow up!

Jose Parika 68
Mike Massey 68
Hippie Jimmie 68
Bob Newkirk 68

Don't know about spelling or exact age, but you all should recognize the names because they can all play the game.

How about others that are soon to make the jump to light speed?
Know any?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Guess there are quite a few players who are 67, 68, & 69 just trying to get old enough to either join our group of retirees or replace those of us who for one reason or another won't be able to attend the next dance in 2016.

Jose Parika 68
Mike Massey 68
Hippie Jimmie 68
Bob Newkirk 68

Don't know about spelling or exact age, but you all should recognize the names because they can all play the game.

Know any?

Played em all except Newkirk. Met him in Galveston and again at DCC, but I had R A with me and he talked me out of playing him. He didn't want me blowing any money playing when we could spend it at the bar. I should have listened. I blew a bundle in Galveston to Billy I and Artie B.

Played a lot of Liability Snooker with Parica in Bellflower, early 90's. Didn't like it.:mad: Only have played Mike in tournaments over the years. Didn't like it either.:mad::mad: Played with Hippy Jimmy in the late 60's/early 70's on Big Bertha, the 6 x 12 in Bellflower. He had long hair and played barefooted. Probably lost then too.:frus

Let's hope they all have a couple years to go. These guys can play.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas

No joke. Last week I played a youngster a little one pocket on a near perfect 10ft Diamond. It was not pretty, blood all over the floor. All mine.

I understand he cashed at the Tornado Open. Those 7 footers must have looked like postage stamps to him.

Have a good life.:D

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
No joke. Last week I played a youngster a little one pocket on a near perfect 10ft Diamond. It was not pretty, blood all over the floor. All mine.

I understand he cashed at the Tornado Open. Those 7 footers must have looked like postage stamps to him.

Have a good life.:D

I heard "Bastrop Jr." beat Efrin for the 10ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Jose Parika 68
Mike Massey 68
Hippie Jimmie 68
Bob Newkirk 68

Know any?
I didn't realize that Mike "Tennessee Tarzan" Massey was such a good 1P player until I saw him playing Cliff Joyner in Tunica, Miss. a couple of years ago.

Cliff's shoulder was not bothering him, so he was playing well, but Mike had him stuck most of the match. I believe he got to the hill first, but he made a couple of mistakes late, which allowed Cliff to prevail.

He has such great cueball control and the type of imagination which makes him a fearsome 1P player.

~Doc

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Seniors

Seniors

I played yesterday for about 2 hours, leg cramps wasn't as bad as my shooting. Just banging balls with no touch. Played for twenty a game and felt like a thousand because I couldn't make an easy shot. Old age isn't for sissies. Dr.Bill owes me a dinner for getting me to come. By the way I eat much better than I play pool. I'll get even eating. Lobster Tails Please, FastEddieF. will spot you eating and love it.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I played yesterday for about 2 hours, leg cramps wasn't as bad as my shooting. Just banging balls with no touch. Played for twenty a game and felt like a thousand because I couldn't make an easy shot. Old age isn't for sissies. Dr.Bill owes me a dinner for getting me to come. By the way I eat much better than I play pool. I'll get even eating. Lobster Tails Please, FastEddieF. will spot you eating and love it.

I think several of us know we're just donating, but it's worth it. This should be the first of many "annual."

Glad you're coming.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
I heard "Bastrop Jr." beat Efrin for the 10ball.

I didn't see the 10 ball but saw a post that Orcollo won it. They announced "Bastrop Sr." by name while I was watching Efrin so I walked over to say hello having played him a couple times in my 9 ball days, 30 years ago, but he was no where to be seen. They must have meant Jr whom I've never met so didn't recognize. Rob's friend Dennis miscued hill/hill in the final 9 ball against Archer. Cost him a little, and he apparently missed a chance double up.

Efrin is becoming human. I saw him completely miss a wide open one ball in his match against Shane.

Sorry about the hijack.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Frank from "Play The Game" came through, the t-shirts arrived today at my house. I've yet to open the box and check the order, but judging from the weight alone, they are all there. I have some to mail out and I will get on that chore soon, if you are one of the ones not coming to the Super Seniors and have ordered a shirt through me, you should get it sometime towards the end of next week.

Two weeks to kickoff fellas, better hit a few tween now & then!!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Is there any room left for someone to enter? I may could win a match if I slow played someone long enough for them to need a nap. LOL----Smitty

I'm sure there is. Just send $200 to John Rizzo at Bogies (make the check to Bogies.)

Bogies Billiards & Sports Bar
3040 FM 1960 East
Suite 101
Houston, Tx. 77073
Attention; John Rizzo