Shot Clock

John Brumback

Verified Member
I didn't know for sure where to put this so I chose my fav forum. I played Lee Van C. a one hole match on the TV table this year at the dcc. They had a 60 sec shot clock.That was enough time to take a nap between turns. In one pocket you only have 1 hole to shoot at and it don't long when you just have one hole to shoot at. Now in bankpool... you have 6 holes to shoot at and on top of that you might have 9 balls to choose from!!!:frus In my match with Lee Van,I never once thought about there being a shot clock.They have it ass backwards,you need way more time for banks than you do one pocket,it's not even close!! Let me say this again for the ones who are deaf or just don't want to hear it...you need more time playing banks than you do one pocket!! You know... 6 pockets vs one. So there:lol John B.

PS: I lost 3 to 1 but it was a hell of a match. I leaked the cball out an inch or so to far a couple of times and watched him run 2 9's and a 8. I made every bank I shot at which was quite a few.I feel as though I played better but it's tough when they are a ball running machine:lol

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I didn't know for sure where to put this so I chose my fav forum. I played Lee Van C. a one hole match on the TV table this year at the dcc. They had a 60 sec shot clock.That was enough time to take a nap between turns. In one pocket you only have 1 hole to shoot at and it don't long when you just have one hole to shoot at. Now in bankpool... you have 6 holes to shoot at and on top of that you might have 9 balls to choose from!!!:frus In my match with Lee Van,I never once thought about there being a shot clock.They have it ass backwards,you need way more time for banks than you do one pocket,it's not even close!! Let me say this again for the ones who are deaf or just don't want to hear it...you need more time playing banks than you do one pocket!! You know... 6 pockets vs one. So there:lol John B.

PS: I lost 3 to 1 but it was a hell of a match. I leaked the cball out an inch or so to far a couple of times and watched him run 2 9's and a 8. I made every bank I shot at which was quite a few.I feel as though I played better but it's tough when they are a ball running machine:lol

Dear CatFishBreath,

Quit crying you big sissy. If you are playing short-rack banks and don't know what the "right" shot is by the time you walk to the table, you wasted your life playing banks. There may be 6 pockets but there is usually one or two clearly correct shots.

It ain't that f@@king tough, even for a Kentucky boy:p:D

RBL

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dear CatFishBreath,

Quit crying you big sissy. If you are playing short-rack banks and don't know what the "right" shot is by the time you walk to the table, you wasted your life playing banks. There may be 6 pockets but there is usually one or two clearly correct shots.

It ain't that f@@king tough, even for a Kentucky boy:p:D

RBL

Thanks ol buddy..I feel so much better now from your words of wisdom:lol cfb

PS: I was not directing this to you but to some other knot heads:p

John Brumback

Verified Member
I've got two nights off, two bottles, and two cases of beer. Hit me with your best shot:):p:D.

RBL

I'm map-questing now, I think it's only 5 or 6 hrs:lol Enjoy your time off.I think thats a safe bet:lol CFB

PS: I do have some Jameson rat holed;)

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky

John, I agree that both games need time for figurin', and while us Kentucky boys might hit the ball fast, we don't necessarily think as fast as those big city boys.

However, I do see it a bit differently. With banks, you are either firing, playing safe or trying to do both. And while this may take a bit to calculate your odds, one pocket involves many more elements in shot selection because the strategy is so complex.

We'll put it like this: in the worst case, a banker might need, oh, 60, seconds to decide; however, a good one holer who is "stuck" might need as much as 2 minutes.

Maybe you are a fast one holer? As I recall from sweating your one hole matches over the years, you seem to be decisive and expeditious.

That Corteza is a ball runner! Did you notice that he really plays center ball more than most other top players? I began to notice it when he didn't chalk up for entire racks. I then saw he didn't need it since he was all stun.

backplaying

Verified Member
I would like to see a 10 second shot clock on rotation games, 30 seconds on 1 hole and 20 seconds on banks.;)

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I would like to see a 10 second shot clock on rotation games, 30 seconds on 1 hole and 20 seconds on banks.;)

That might work for Luc Salvas. For the rest of us, that is unworkable. As far as TV tables go, I am usually quite happy to see two champions play and rarely think to myself that they need to speed things up.

backplaying

Verified Member
Strong arm John came to Athens a few years back and asked if I wanted to play Jennet Lee a 10,000 set on the barbox. I agreed with one stipulation, a 30 second shot clock and he declined. I had only seen her play a few times and I couldn't watch long due to her super slow play. I can say the times I played pool gambling, there were a few players I refused to play due to their slow play, even though I thought I had the best of it. Slow play, has always affected my play.