Knocking ball out of pocket

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
I recently started playing One Pocket---A great game. Are there any good instructional resources for learning how to get balls out of an opponents pocket. There are many variations ie. angle of pocket, depth of pocket, angle of shot, position of object ball, type of cloth, rails, humidity,etc.

In advance, thanks for your help.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Tennessee Joe6 said:
I recently started playing One Pocket---A great game. Are there any good instructional resources for learning how to get balls out of an opponents pocket. There are many variations ie. angle of pocket, depth of pocket, angle of shot, position of object ball, type of cloth, rails, humidity,etc.

In advance, thanks for your help.
If you get a chance, get to one of Grady's exhibitions -- he is excellent at it. I'm pretty sure he his 'systems' for it, like he has for many aspects of the game.

Come to think of it, he probably covers it in his 'Finishing Touch' tape.

If the ball isn't too deep, I generall just shoot between the ball and the adjacent cushion -- on which ever side of the ball there is to the most room, using outside low english and a form stroke. Not too hard, because once it leaves (if it happens to :) ), I don't want it to come all the way back. Nor do I want the cue ball to fly all over the table towards an inevitable scratch.

That is my take...

koldcash

the most simple 1 on a deep ball is cut the ball away from pocket with spin to catch kiss do not try on loose pockets though often u will have to concede the ball in open pockets or jump table

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
...here's ...Buttermilks...method....

...here's ...Buttermilks...method....

....I saw ...Butter do this more than once....lol....when your opponet...turns away you walk by the pocket...and brush the balls with your coat sleave....then you replace them real quick..leaving a dead shot for takin' out his ball...and makin' the other in your hole.......lol...very aggrisive move...but ya gotta be big enough to mnanhandle your opponant..or carry a ...38 revolver....lol...

gadawg

I am a total neophyte at one packet having just started playing.

What happens if you opponent has a ball in the jaws of his pocket and you make it in his pocket but follow it in and scratch? Does the ball then not count, come to the spot, you owe one and he has ball in hand behind the head string?

gadawg

I am a total neophyte at one pocket having just started playing (today). I've played everything wlse but never 1P.

What happens if your opponent has a ball in the jaws of his pocket and you make it in his pocket but follow it in and scratch? Does the ball then not count, come to the spot, you owe one and he has ball in hand behind the head string?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
gadawg said:
I am a total neophyte at one pocket having just started playing (today). I've played everything wlse but never 1P.

What happens if your opponent has a ball in the jaws of his pocket and you make it in his pocket but follow it in and scratch? Does the ball then not count, come to the spot, you owe one and he has ball in hand behind the head string?
Yes to all questions, Gadawg. You can view the 1P rules up top under the "Playing The Game" menu. ~Doc

gadawg

gulfportdoc said:
Yes to all questions, Gadawg. You can view the 1P rules up top under the "Playing The Game" menu. ~Doc

I read them but wanted to be sure my interpretation was right.

Splash

From
Hiratsuka Japan
gadawg said:

Yes. Rules here: http://onepocket.org/one_pocket_pool_rules.htm

From the home page, check the Playing the Game link for more tips to rub off that shiny neophyte sheen.

Mike

Verified Member
The ball made on the scratch does not count. The person who scratched must spot your ball and one of his and you then shoot from behind the line. This is a common shot in one-pocket to prevent giving your opponent the game ball and also not to put him in the one hole score wise.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Buttermilk

Buttermilk

onepocket926 said:
....I saw ...Butter do this more than once....lol....when your opponet...turns away you walk by the pocket...and brush the balls with your coat sleave....then you replace them real quick..leaving a dead shot for takin' out his ball...and makin' the other in your hole.......lol...very aggrisive move...but ya gotta be big enough to mnanhandle your opponant..or carry a ...38 revolver....lol...

When you say Buttermilk, do you mean Sterling Ward? The great bar lemon hustler and convicted child molester?

The Beard