Frustrated

Ross Keith Thompson

Verified Member
From
madisonville, texas
Thru this summer I have logged on and posted 4 good stories or so and I have lost every one of them, what's the problem. It pops up that I need to log on even though I am logged on :confused:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thru this summer I have logged on and posted 4 good stories or so and I have lost every one of them, what's the problem. It pops up that I need to log on even though I am logged on :confused:

Sorry to hear that Ross.

One thing that might help is if you click on "Remember Me" at the time you log on, because it will keep you logged on. I think you need to click it *before* you finish logging in. Otherwise, you do in fact "time out" from being logged in, which could easily happen if you don't click "remember me" and you take a while writing your post.

I you are working on a long post, the safest thing to do is to compose your post completely in a different program -- any word or notes program will work as long as you can *save* what you are writing. Then once you are ready to post, copy and paste your writing into the forum posting box.

That's all I can think of... I hope one of these suggestions helps!!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry to hear that Ross.

One thing that might help is if you click on "Remember Me" at the time you log on, because it will keep you logged on. I think you need to click it *before* you finish logging in. Otherwise, you do in fact "time out" from being logged in, which could easily happen if you don't click "remember me" and you take a while writing your post.

I you are working on a long post, the safest thing to do is to compose your post completely in a different program -- any word or notes program will work as long as you can *save* what you are writing. Then once you are ready to post, copy and paste your writing into the forum posting box.

That's all I can think of... I hope one of these suggestions helps!!

a must! will save you in the future!

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

enjoy all your writings keith.

yeah, try what steve and chris says....just copy and paste it.

look forward to it (and that book as well)….

:)

keoneyo

Verified Member
If you dont have a program like Microsoft Word you can also email it to yourself in parts so you can preserve it in email. I did this for long writings before I had any programs until I learned how to do it. Hate losing stuff.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
actually, the best answer is a combination of those!

If you dont already have a free gmail account, go sign up for one.

In gmail, when you start typing an email, it automatically saves it in your drafts folder. Since it auto saves it every few seconds, you don't even have to remember to save it, it does it for you. :)