Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Verified Member

Default kiss or no kiss

i posted this in the main forum also but thought posting it here would also be good
YOU ARE BANKING THE STRIPE CROSS CORNER
kiss or no kiss and why???
freddy has a method to use
grady had a method
what do you guys say
kiss or no kiss and what do you use as a guideline??
Name:  BB2.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  42.6 KB
Old 07-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Verified Member

Delete, i meant to post this in the main forum
Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Verified Member

anyone who wants to comment here
please go to the main forum
thanks
Old 07-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Verified Member

Default Kiss

Cue it low right, draw the cue ball near the pocket and out of the way of the stripe ball.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Verified Member

I'd bank the thirteen and catch the bottom of the lower striped ball for a carom to my hole, and lay whitey on the three.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Verified Member

If the table's playing short,I think he can beat this kiss with the cball coming up in front of the oball and maybe going into the stack.But if the table's playing long I don't think it goes without kissing.It looks very close to me but I could be wrong again. Playing one pocket you really can't afford to draw the cball here,imho.Is this one pocket or bank pool,I forgot again John B.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brumback View Post
If the table's playing short,I think he can beat this kiss with the cball coming up in front of the oball and maybe going into the stack.But if the table's playing long I don't think it goes without kissing.It looks very close to me but I could be wrong again. Playing one pocket you really can't afford to draw the cball here,imho.Is this one pocket or bank pool,I forgot again John B.
I like what you said about beating the kiss on a wet table, very insightful. Would it be true that just about every time whenever you're straight in (like in the picture) you can't beat the kiss going forward? If so then you need speed with the cue ball for it to get out of the way from the kiss, allowing the banked ball to pass under the cue ball. I can see why the wet table will help you, correct me if i'm wrong. The speed of the cue ball will increase coming off the rail, particularly on a wet table, is that correct? If the speed of the cue ball elevates what about the speed of the banked ball, doesn't it's speed increase? This is where i'm lost, if the speed of both the cue ball and the object ball increase (in proportion) why would the outcome be different than it would be "on a dry table"? Could it be that the cue ball travels a less distance? That would make some kind of sense to me, just a feel I have. I believe it has to have something to do with the amount of distance each ball needs to travel before entering the kiss area.

Just curious.

It's bank pool, but you mentioned drawing the ball for a reason. Don't the speed of the cue ball slow down and the speed of the object ball increase more, because of the more power in the shot? Would you then need to bank the ball at the deepest part of the rail and use low outside to beat the kiss? Keeping the object ball as low as possible, meaning less of a kissing area?

Really would like conformation so I can clearly understand the shot, thanks.

Dr. Bill

Last edited by wincardona; 07-18-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:19 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
I like what you said about beating the kiss on a wet table, very insightful. Would it be true that just about every time whenever you're straight in (like in the picture) you can't beat the kiss going forward? If so then you need speed with the cue ball for it to get out of the way from the kiss, allowing the banked ball to pass under the cue ball. I can see why the wet table will help you, correct me if i'm wrong. The speed of the cue ball will increase coming off the rail, particularly on a wet table, is that correct? If the speed of the cue ball elevates what about the speed of the banked ball, doesn't it's speed increase? This is where i'm lost, if the speed of both the cue ball and the object ball increase (in proportion) why would the outcome be different than it would be "on a dry table"? Could it be that the cue ball travels a less distance? That would make some kind of sense to me, just a feel I have. I believe it has to have something to do with the amount of distance each ball needs to travel before entering the kiss area.

Just curious.

It's bank pool, but you mentioned drawing the ball for a reason. Don't the speed of the cue ball slow down and the speed of the object ball increase more, because of the more power in the shot? Would you then need to bank the ball at the deepest part of the rail and use low outside to beat the kiss? Keeping the object ball as low as possible, meaning less of a kissing area?

Dr. Bill
John, I just think I snapped about why you can beat the kiss on a wet table and it has everything to do in what I said at the bottom of my other post. You can afford to bank the ball to a deeper part of the rail and keep it as low as possible, so that the cue ball needs to travel less in the kissing area.

Dr. Bill
Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post

Just curious.

Dr. Bill
IMO on a wet table you will be able to shoot the oball down closer to the pocket and have it stiffin up therefore giving you more room and time to get the cball out of the way.Least that's what I'm thinking

I only mentioned about drawing the cball to remind people that this layout was really in a game of one pocket,so I don't think anyone would be drawing the cball here John B.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Verified Member

when i started this thread it was to clear up some confusion i had about "rules" of when there is a kiss
as mentioned in the 1p thread this bank where the cue ball cannot go past the object ball into the pocket there would be a kiss if hit with inside english according to grady
freddys rule if they are lined up to the back of the pocket there is no kiss with a ROLLING cue ball
if they line up to the facing there is a kiss
Name:  bb1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  bb2.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  13.3 KB

Last edited by lll; 07-18-2012 at 09:30 AM.