PPV - May 26-29th EFREN!! - Buffalos Professional One Pocket $2000 Entry $6000 Added

keoneyo

Verified Member
Full rack banks between Chris Gentile and Danny Smith at Buffalos on Truck stream

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I didn't get the stream on the beginning day which started about 6 pm. I had stuff to do. But I got a Fri-Sat-Sun package for $30 and have to say, it might have been not only the best stream I have ever seen, but the best bang for thirty that I ever got, (except for maybe that trip to the Mark Twain whore house during basic at Ft. Leonard Wood) Highlights for me were sweating Jeremy vs Justin and Dr. Bill's two sets vs Josh and the whole day today. I noticed also that Orcollo is getting even better at OP. And the way he kept the stream going all night is a fantastic bonus and should become the norm.. I got the banks on now with Chris and The Shredder. On my scale, I have to give it a solid 9 out of 10. I couldn't give a 10 because it fukked up bad on Friday for a good while during the Dennis Efren match due to The Erica Curse, I presume...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
great tourney and great stream
congrats to all the participants/tony for winning it/danny to get second having to beat efren twice to get there/and to ray and his crew for a great stream after the kinks on the first day were ironed out
by the way this logo was often on the screen and obviously a major sponsor but what business is it??

logo.jpg

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
great tourney and great stream
congrats to all the participants/tony for winning it/danny to get second having to beat efren twice to get there/and to ray and his crew for a great stream after the kinks on the first day were ironed out
by the way this logo was often on the screen and obviously a major sponsor but what business is it??

View attachment 15077

That is James Hanshew Custom Cues cue maker out of Texas.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
That is James Hanshew Custom Cues cue maker out of Texas.

thanks terry
i have never played with any of hanshew cues but i have tried his jumper which performs extremely well
he uses a purple heart shaft (at least the one i have has one)
i want to also give kudos to you for giving us updates
i appreciate it

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Wow, sounds like a great event and congrats to Tony / Danny and the other finishers, well played! Thanks Terry for the updates and all that you do to make these events fun for us.

I must say I am a little surprised Tony snapped this off. No disrespect intended but when I played him at the derby, although I lost 3-0, I promise you I had a chance every game to win but either dogged it or made bad choices. Maybe he had an off day or knew he played so far above me that he didn't try that hard :)

In any case, congrats, this is a very nice feather in his cap! I look forward to seeing him play some more!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
even? DS must have won that one

I dont know how they played but Chris banks them pretty sporty too. I have not seen Danny play as much as Chris but I wouldn't think there would be a whole lot of players who would be a cinch to win over Chris in full rack banks.

How did they end up?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I dont know how they played but Chris banks them pretty sporty too. I have not seen Danny play as much as Chris but I wouldn't think there would be a whole lot of players who would be a cinch to win over Chris in full rack banks.

How did they end up?
I'm wondering the same thing, CK. Does anyone know if Gentile/Smith played even? I suspect they did. Chris of course is one of Chicago's finest shooters, so he's a top bank pool player. I don't know what Danny's banks credentials are, but he must play well if he's tackling Gentile. I'd like to know the outcome of that contest.:)

~Doc

keoneyo

Verified Member
I watched for several hours off an on. It seems that Chris was 6 games up on DS from last night. But Danny won 3 games off the bat pretty easy. Chris was just not getting the rolls and was a bit on tilt.
They played for hours after that so I don't know how they ended up.
Chris was not playing that old school Chicago banks and selling out easy banks in the beginning. Maybe he tightened up later.

It seemed they played even.

Part of the best things about Trucks stream is that you can hear the woofing and gleam all kinds of info. People said that first prize took 40K but I wonder how much went into the players pockets directly. Whenever there is big money the pie always gets cut up several different ways.

It would be good if Ray would allow those that bought the full passes ability to review some of the games that were missed because of technical difficulties.
At least for a 30 day period. But all in all for $30 you cant beat it. We live in lucky times to be able to get a stream that cheap with such quality play.

Hell it cost me a $100 to get the wife out of the house with her girlfriends to let me watch in peace.:eek:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
No question... Tony is an awesome shot maker and very tough to beat. He deserves this win.. No doubt. Congratulations Tony.

Danny made a really poor decision in game 8 with that circus shot bank that opened up that traffic jam of balls on Chohans side rail. Leading 4/3 in games and 4/0 in the ball count and on the hill you couldn't have put a 44 magnum to Billy Incardona's head and made him shoot that shot... Simply put, that shot cost him the match and perhaps the tournament, never know if he would have won the next match, but he sure would have had the momentum...

IMO Danny Smith could be right there at the top, and will be if he learns to play the score and lays off the circus shots...

Ps. I know about circus stunt shots, I like shooting them too... I just don't like the results most of the time.

I was sitting next to John when Danny shot that ill advised shot. In stead of playing it to his hole he needed to send it into those two or three ball he had by his second diamond and get a natural carom towards his hole and hide the QB behind those two balls in the middle of the table.

Danny shot about three different shots that opened balls up for Tony and just plane gave away games.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada

How did they end up?

Chris and Danny are still playing now @ almost 2pm :eek: marathon match 1k a game

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I was sitting next to John when Danny shot that ill advised shot. In stead of playing it to his hole he needed to send it into those two or three ball he had by his second diamond and get a natural carom towards his hole and hide the QB behind those two balls in the middle of the table.

Danny shot about three different shots that opened balls up for Tony and just plane gave away games.

There were a lot of times that I disagreed with his shot choice, but didn't feel strongly enough about it to question his judgment. However, there was more than a handful that I still think were definitely wrong, even though a couple of them I remember worked out OK, either because of execution so extraordinary that I still don't think he should count on it, or simply because of a good roll.

Like Tony he can perform some amazing stuff, but I think Tony's judgment on when and how to duck is a little bit better. One thing that might have played an important role in the outcome is that Tony played all but one of his matches on Table 1, and it seemed to play a little softer than the others that I watched play on (2,3 and 4.) Of course softer might benefit
Danny as much as Tony, both of them being extra-aggressive.

One shot in game 8 in Danny and Tony's last set (with Danny up 4 games to 3) was interesting and possibly decisive. Danny moved a ball into the jaws a 1/2" from dropping, slightly toward the high side. From somewhere near the angle of the spot, Tony shot a kick-cross takeout off the bottom rail; the ball hit the point perfectly and went into Tony's pocket 100 miles an hour. I can't guess whether Tony made a specific attempt at hitting the point that way, or just made a good crossing hit and got lucky.... maybe both.

One advantage that Danny may have over several of the others, based upon what I've seen, is that he reads the stack extremely well, maybe as well as Corey.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
BRLongArm

BRLongArm

Our pal (now! :D ) Joe Long treated everyone -- players and spectators alike -- to 350 pounds of crawfish, with potatoes, mushrooms and corn on the cob.

DeeeeLicious!

Thank you Joe. :)

Joe is also a major sponsor of this tournament, not only contributing to added money for the prize fund, but assisting with other aspects of organizing.

Crazy Erica played/plays and important role also. Between Joe, Buffalo, Ray and Justin, Erica, Bullseye (Steve) and the rest of Buffalo's staff, it went about as smoothly as you could reasonably hope.

Saaaa-Loooot!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
John, your point about extraordinary execution is right on. The elite players can take shots with seemingly low expectations of success, but pull them off. Say there's a shot that appears to be only 1 in 5 chance of making it successfully. They'll usually hit it that 1 out of 5 most all the time, whereas I'd usually blow the shot 4 out of 5 times.:rolleyes:

It's incredible to watch, but for me I don't learn much from the super top players because it's not advisable for me to ever take those shots. I'm going to learn more watching Gentile or Runnels, who usually take shots that I can use myself.;)

Yes, Joe Long is a generous guy. No question about it. He loves action himself, and he's quick to put guys in the box. But ya gotta be careful. Don't ever stand in between him and a steaming crawfish boil. It could be dangerous....:D

BTW, I was looking forward to seeing you at Buff's, but my plate was simply too full for me to go over there. We'll see you this Fall for sure.

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

That's exactly right Tom, it looked like he was in some sort of fog several times with his shot selections and his overall execution... I know he played banks with Chris until at least 6:00 am the day of the finals, and I believe he did the same thing the previous night... I know about burning that candle at both ends, when you're young, it can be done, but it takes a toll when doing it to often!

Seems he has to set better priorities and get some quality sleep before tackling the likes of Chohan. He definitely should have won the first match, but showed impatience on several occasions, just as you said.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Buffalo's Tournament

Buffalo's Tournament

Thanks to all for supporting the Tournament. All whom I spoke with enjoyed themselves, with the players obliging with top level play. Even LSJohn made a score, buying Danny Smith in the Po Boy Calcutta with me. The crowds were 50% more than last year, and the Calcutta was nearly $10,000 more than last year's $49,900.

Next year, Buffalo will move the tournament to Bywater Billiards, a new room he is opening in New Orleans. It is a 10,000 square foot facility; nearly twice the size of his room in Metairie.

The best thing about the move, other than all the extra space, is NO SMOKING! We hope to see you there next year.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Thanks to all for supporting the Tournament. All whom I spoke with enjoyed themselves, with the players obliging with top level play. Even LSJohn made a score, buying Danny Smith in the Po Boy Calcutta with me. The crowds were 50% more than last year, and the Calcutta was nearly $10,000 more than last year's $49,900.

Next year, Buffalo will move the tournament to Bywater Billiards, a new room he is opening in New Orleans. It is a 10,000 square foot facility; nearly twice the size of his room in Metairie.

The best thing about the move, other than all the extra space, is NO SMOKING! We hope to see you there next year.

That is great news. The tournament was top grade. Could you imagine any other sport with after hours action? Id love to see it.