Mike Surber's America's Most Wanted Segment

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I spoke with the producer this A.M., Tom Morris, Jr. He said presently the segment is scheduled on Lifetime for Friday, August 17 at 9 P.M., EST; 8 P.M., CST.

He said the piece is 6 minutes long, which presumably is a decent length. I don't know what to expect in terms of viability in helping with the murderer's capture. Tom is happy with the segment, but sometimes producers are just in love with the artistic or technical aspects of their work.

Still, this will be a great day for Mike's cause. Tom said he'd contact me if the date changes.

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I spoke with the producer this A.M., Tom Morris, Jr. He said presently the segment is scheduled on Lifetime for Friday, August 17 at 9 P.M., EST; 8 P.M., CST.

He said the piece is 6 minutes long, which presumably is a decent length. I don't know what to expect in terms of viability in helping with the murderer's capture. Tom is happy with the segment, but sometimes producers are just in love with the artistic or technical aspects of their work.

Still, this will be a great day for Mike's cause. Tom said he'd contact me if the date changes.

Doc

the exposure should give a boost to the case
it definitely cant hurt
R.I.P. mike
i hope the killer gets more than what he deserves

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
This was sent today from the producer of the segment to air Friday night on Mike Surber's murder:

Hey ...the piece came out strong. Set your DVR's. Tell Ricky and Glen and Doc. We'll see if we can i.d. and catch the bastard that killed Mike now. Airs this Friday at 9 pm on LIFETIME.
Tom Morris Jr.

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the show is tonight 9pm
americas most wanted
pass this info on
have your pool room turn it on
do what you can
lets get this guy

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I think the segment was very well produced by Tom Morris, Jr. of Washington, D.C. The story line and editing were first rate.

The problem all along has been that there has not been a clear photograph of the assumed perpetrator. If there had been, he might have been caught by now. And he would certainly be apprehended following the AMW segment, had they a better pic. Hopefully someone will recognize the guy from the details.

I was disappointed that they said the suspect is 5' 8" to 5' 11". He is actually 5' 6" to 5' 9"-- tops. Here is a poor picture of the two of them as they left Skeeter's. As you can see, "Cooper" is only slightly taller than is Mike, who was only 5' 4". The top of the lettering on the door is exactly 5' 6". I measured it.:
Mike-Cooper.jpg

IMO they should have made more of the suspect's M.O. He seems to like to select smaller men for his victims. Before he approached Mike that afternoon, he had been playing pool with another guy who was small and overweight. The guy had obviously had been a potential victim. He'll never know how lucky he was.

I'm hoping it'll make YouTube, so it can be linked to. There is non-animated coverage of the show on the AMW site (www.AMW.com), but I couldn't see that they've archived the video segment. If anyone notices it put up on YouTube, please let us know.

Doc

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Good presentation

Good presentation

I'll bet this will get some results. I assume that the real Jericho Cooper has seen the photos of this guy, and asked if he recognizes him. ??

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The actual "Jericho Cooper" is a black man who lives in Atlanta. They interviewed him at length. But he had simply been an unlucky victim of theft.

Yeah, it's likely that some con or citizen will recognize the guy, even from the poor photo, and drop a dime. My understanding is that they have DNA of the murderer, so if they can capture him, they can make a positive ID.

Doc