Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2019, 02:57 PM
Verified Member

nice shot if you can draw that well. but expect the next game we play to be a different spot or its over. so that shot may be great and win the game but it likely will be the last game.

there is more to winning at pool than winning.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
See post #25.
Ah, you get my cookie. Or I don't get yours.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Verified Member

I haven't read even one post, so I am not taking any credit for this shot.
Bank the 4 into my hole! It appears to be lying perfectly to cross corner the 4 by ever so slightly going across it face using draw right, and bringing the cb directly to the side rail and straight back out to get on the 2. Whitey
Old 10-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
nice shot if you can draw that well. but expect the next game we play to be a different spot or its over. so that shot may be great and win the game but it likely will be the last game.

there is more to winning at pool than winning.
Hey....we're 9 ball players at the core, that type of shot is in our wheelhouse, but it also gets us in trouble.

Last time I saw Chicago Mike jack up with his LD carbon shaft, it hopped then he drew the cue ball from mid table too the head rail, and the ball actually came OFF the head rail and landed mid table by the side pocket. I was amazed, I've NEVER seen a cue ball hopp, then draw back 8' my years of playing, cept maybe Joe Alvarez's father from Ft. Collins; RIP.... he was a good man.
no link....

Last edited by Island Drive; 10-03-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Verified Member

I still like keeping the ball up near the head rail and shooting that 10/14, maybe kicking is better than banking, would have to see at the table, the 11 is no gimme....

Nice eye on seeing the 4 ball bank goes whitey, but if you dont make it the 4 comes out fast and hard ;pushing all balls to his side, plus you leave him straight in on the 11 of you miss.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:45 PM
Verified Member

I think most players would two rail the 10 with high right. It's a good angle to the pocket and you should leave the cue ball on the side rail. He has a sell out back cut that runs the cue ball into the balls near your side.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Verified Member

This is like fantasy island. I'd like to hear what odds would our gofers want to bet on making that 4 ball cross corner and another ball after that.

Not too difficult to put the CB on the 15 and under the 3 ball. From there you got problems. If I'm playing the shooter I want him to shoot any of these gofer shots.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmoose View Post
This is like fantasy island. I'd like to hear what odds would our gofers want to bet on making that 4 ball cross corner and another ball after that.

Not too difficult to put the CB on the 15 and under the 3 ball. From there you got problems. If I'm playing the shooter I want him to shoot any of these gofer shots.

Hey brother Darrell....yeah , as I said before, a few months ago...I really need to start requiring all respondents to my wwyd's to unequivocally state which of these two venues are they playing in when shooting their posted up shot choice:

#1. Playing in the One Pocket tournament at the Derby City Classic, or

#2. Playing an octogenarian for $1 a game at the VFW hall.

- GHST
Old 10-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Verified Member

Default Another point of view

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmoose View Post

Moose, what's interesting about the 4 ball bank shot is this....use a 11 o'clock cueing with Follow. The banked ball will of course have waaaaaay more ball speed than the cue ball, so the dbl kiss is out. By using l/h spin the cue ball will come off the foot rail and back to your opponents long rail, it's an aggressive shot, but with the l/h spin on the object ball it'll bring the 4 easily towards the pocket. If I chose to shoot this type of shot that Ronnie Allen in his prime would never miss, I would for sure make sure it banks long ''at worst''. If it does this it'll be also beneficial, it'll open up the middle ball clusters a little.
no link....
Old 10-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Verified Member

Banking the 13 into the 2 balls on the foot rail is appealing but I canít tell from the pic if I will have to hit the 13 too hard to get the cb to escape 2 rails through the alley by the 2 up table. If hit too hard, you may not end up with anything in front of your pocket, worse a ball could bank to the opponents side.

That said, based on what I see in the pic, I am thinning off the 7 and leaving the cb just below the corner pocket. This will open the 7 and 6. I expect the return shot will be coming off the 2 and trying to duck under the 2 balls on the foot rail. If this shot comes up short, you will have a nice 2 rail shot on the 11 with the potential to duck behind the 2 balls.

This is one of those wwyd where you really need to be at the table.