Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2019, 08:18 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmoose View Post

The only thing I would add is spend time learning how to double up your opponent on a small wedge (2 or 3 balls) anywhere on your side rail. You can two rail, three rail, even crossover a straight back bank to put the CB above the wedge and hide the OB near your hole, very effective.

you did that very well against me in philly
Old 10-04-2019, 08:36 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
Trap 1: The $1,000 shot. Simply leave one or two balls on the foot rail and practice banking balls toward your pocket while sliding the cue ball behind those obstructing balls.

Trap 2: Tie up the long rail bank to your opponent's pocket by placing two balls near the side pocket.

Trap 3: Practice the soft ticky into the stack from all angles.

Trap 4: When the game goes up table, practice banking the ball towards your pocket while freezing him on an interfering ball.

Trap 5: Early in the game, when the stack is still pristine, practice three railing a ball towards your pocket, bottom rail, side rail, top rail, to your pocket, while locking him in the stack.

Trap 6: After trading scratches in the corner, when four balls are on the spot, two rail kick the balls to open them to your side, cue ball releasing towards his up table pocket. When done right, you have a dangerous spread of balls that favors you greatly.

Trap 7: First or second inning: Instead of banking that one ball to your pocket, and getting nothing else, bank into the last column of balls in the stack and watch a pocket switch that greatly turns the game around. Cue ball ends up about second diamond and now you have 7 or 8 balls that favor your pocket. With practice, you make the ball off the stack and run out.

At least one or two of these traps come up in nearly every game and identifying the opportunity and executing the trap is central to winning one pocket.
great advice joe
thanks
Old 10-04-2019, 08:39 AM
Verified Member

Default Trapping styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
Trap 1: The $1,000 shot. Simply leave one or two balls on the foot rail and practice banking balls toward your pocket while sliding the cue ball behind those obstructing balls.

Trap 2: Tie up the long rail bank to your opponent's pocket by placing two balls near the side pocket.

Trap 3: Practice the soft ticky into the stack from all angles.

Trap 4: When the game goes up table, practice banking the ball towards your pocket while freezing him on an interfering ball.

Trap 5: Early in the game, when the stack is still pristine, practice three railing a ball towards your pocket, bottom rail, side rail, top rail, to your pocket, while locking him in the stack.

Trap 6: After trading scratches in the corner, when four balls are on the spot, two rail kick the balls to open them to your side, cue ball releasing towards his up table pocket. When done right, you have a dangerous spread of balls that favors you greatly.

Trap 7: First or second inning: Instead of banking that one ball to your pocket, and getting nothing else, bank into the last column of balls in the stack and watch a pocket switch that greatly turns the game around. Cue ball ends up about second diamond and now you have 7 or 8 balls that favor your pocket. With practice, you make the ball off the stack and run out.

At least one or two of these traps come up in nearly every game and identifying the opportunity and executing the trap is central to winning one pocket.

This is Gold. 👍
Old 10-04-2019, 08:55 AM
Verified Member

It seems to me a good rule is movers need to be put uptable. So important to get close to the rail, a good drill to practice is getting on rails.

Shooting oriented guys need to be placed in the stack and frozen more often.

I think the style of your traps needs to change with opponents.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
That is a very good list. I think on #1 though you mean the "head' rail.

The only thing I would add is spend time learning how to double up your opponent on a small wedge (2 or 3 balls) anywhere on your side rail. You can two rail, three rail, even crossover a straight back bank to put the CB above the wedge and hide the OB near your hole, very effective.

Darmoose... when u going to be in chicago next? Would be nice to play some.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:58 PM
Verified Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m-orV5ypyUM
Old 10-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Verified Member

[quote=darmoose;265011]That is a very good list. I think on #1 though you mean the "head' rail.

https://bargames101.com/pool-table-anatomy/ The footrail is behind the racked balls.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Verified Member

Cool diagram. Thanks Joe
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2019, 06:10 PM
Verified Member

[quote=BRLongArm;265077]
Quote:
That is a very good list. I think on #1 though you mean the "head' rail.

https://bargames101.com/pool-table-anatomy/ The footrail is behind the racked balls.
Sorry Joe, I misunderstood what you were saying in your #1. You were banking straight back and drawing your CB back behind the balls along the foot rail.

My bad.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFats View Post
Darmoose... when u going to be in chicago next? Would be nice to play some.
Fats,

I did enjoy playing you in Philly, even though you did me in. I would like another shot someday.

Unfortunately, I don't have any family left in Chicago, and so not much reason to go back anymore. Maybe we will have another MOT there someday.

I like your game, good luck and enjoy.