Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2019, 01:09 AM
Verified Member

7-6 Roberto
Old 10-09-2019, 01:17 AM
Verified Member

7-7 Josh Breaking
Old 10-09-2019, 01:47 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
7-7 Josh Breaking
Great Match going on with some great commentary.
Great commentary with Double J & Bill Miller in the booth breaking down all the shots and strategies.

Name:  72699256_10219305914135174_3758084770408431616_n.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  45.1 KB
Old 10-09-2019, 02:35 AM
Verified Member

Default Day one recap

Very entertaining first day in Morgan City, Louisiana where Roberto Gomez came out one game ahead, 8-7. Josh showed the heart of the champion after being down 6-3 at one time to tie the match at 7-7.

The last game was a cat and mouse affair, with Roberto talking to himself. "Patience, Roberto." Gomez passed on a few shots for his winner, as Josh needed three and Gomez played defense.

Some analysis. Josh wins more games when he makes Roberto slow down and earn the balls. He won't out shoot Roberto. His long rail banking was on point, but his cross banks were a problem, mostly.

Roberto is a force of nature. He has a lot of creativity, and can get 8s, 9s and 10s with ease. His banking is better than you would think. He won one game with back to back 3 rail banks. He won two others whistling a straight bank from an inch off the side rail. He did show a little impatience with the up table games, so he will likely see more of that in the following days.

In the end, very competitive and very entertaining. Roberto to break tomorrow around 5 pm CDT.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Verified Member

very nice, thanks for the updates! I wish I could buy all of these matches that I missed where I could watch them on my own time later, but either the technology isn't there or it just doesn't make sense to do for the streamers, but I would be a paying customer if so!

I know it replays over and over, but I may not get time to watch for another week, so when I get a 2 hour window, would be nice to play some and then stop when I have to go and resume later, etc.

In any case, I appreciate the fact that it's even being streamed and hope one day it can be both!
Old 10-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
Very entertaining first day in Morgan City, Louisiana where Roberto Gomez came out one game ahead, 8-7. Josh showed the heart of the champion after being down 6-3 at one time to tie the match at 7-7.

The last game was a cat and mouse affair, with Roberto talking to himself. "Patience, Roberto." Gomez passed on a few shots for his winner, as Josh needed three and Gomez played defense.

Some analysis. Josh wins more games when he makes Roberto slow down and earn the balls. He won't out shoot Roberto. His long rail banking was on point, but his cross banks were a problem, mostly.

Roberto is a force of nature. He has a lot of creativity, and can get 8s, 9s and 10s with ease. His banking is better than you would think. He won one game with back to back 3 rail banks. He won two others whistling a straight bank from an inch off the side rail. He did show a little impatience with the up table games, so he will likely see more of that in the following days.

In the end, very competitive and very entertaining. Roberto to break tomorrow around 5 pm CDT.
Thanks for the update.
How many 9 tables does this room have?
How smoky is the room?
Old 10-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Thanks for the update.
How many 9 tables does this room have?
How smoky is the room?
No smoking.

One 9 foot table, six or seven Valley Cougar bar tables. Sports bar that likes one pocket.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Verified Member

Day two starts today at 5pm Central

Highlights of day one here https://www.facebook.com/31836523819...2552166498359/

Get a pass and sweat the match at www.PoolActionTV.com

Old 10-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Verified Member

Good match going on with Double J breaking down all the shots and strategies from the commentary booth

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  48.3 KB
Old 10-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Col Bille has just joined JJ in the booth.

Damn another real slow player in Gomez though.............zzzzz