Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2019, 12:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
No trick here partner - I believe there's a good lesson to be learned here - and if you don't realize that then you had better turn in your teaching credentials .....imo there's one shot that is the best choice, but it isn't necessarily the choice that most players would choose .

Dr. Ghost
To me there are only two choices for 1% of players, but for the other 99% of players the option with placing the 5ball as close to the 12ball preferably under it would be IMO where to go. The other option for the 1% would be to masse the cue ball to pocket the 10ball in that fashion. Even then for them it would be a tough decision.

Sorry for my criticalness on the issue, and I apologize and am willing to learn.

Dr. Bill

Last edited by wincardona; 10-09-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:02 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
i assume the first picture tells us which pocket you have. and that first pic you have the last ball in your hole with it being the pocket on the left.

that may be some confusion here. at least for me.

but in any case anyone that cant one rail into that ball every single time isnt supposed to be on this forum. there is another forum for those that cant play.
Really. Don't know what to say so I'm not saying anything.

Dr. Bill
Old 10-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Verified Member

for not making it clear which pocket is mine: my pocket is the one that the cueball is sitting in...now hopefully more shot-choice responses will be coming - unless Billy and Darrell scared everybody away......

- Ghost
Old 10-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Verified Member

Looks to me like he has earned that ten ball weather you make it for him or he makes it himself. Drawing off the five ball will take some power and who knows where the five ball ends up at. Also there's the possibility that you don't pocket the ten. I would just position the five ball toward the other balls that are out of play and let him have a go with the ten ball.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Verified Member

If I just want to punish the guy mentally I might shoot this.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Verified Member

Just moving the 5 ball doesn't get you out of the trap! Everybody is assuming that the incoming player is gonna pocket the 10 ball and release the strangle hold he has on you. Sometimes in this game you have to shoot to win and this may be one of those situations.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Verified Member

The one rail kick is good here but I like the Masse because it leaves a harder bank.

Leaving the ball in his hole is a mistake.

Bill S.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
I have one question for you guys who plan on moving the 5 ball up table and allowing your opponent to pocket the 10 ball themselves.
What makes you think that is their only option? Okay, two questions. So if they don't choose to pocket the 10, where would you want to place the 5 and cue balls and what might they do in response?

And for those of you who want to somehow pocket the 10 ball. Do you really want to take even a slim chance of coming off the hill when your opponent needs four and two of them are currently out of play?

Tom
Tom, you didn't say, what do you advise as to the correct shot here?

Old School
Old 10-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
I have one question for you guys who plan on moving the 5 ball up table and allowing your opponent to pocket the 10 ball themselves.
What makes you think that is their only option? Okay, two questions. So if they don't choose to pocket the 10, where would you want to place the 5 and cue balls and what might they do in response?

And for those of you who want to somehow pocket the 10 ball. Do you really want to take even a slim chance of coming off the hill when your opponent needs four and two of them are currently out of play?

Tom
Good point, Tom. I suppose after I move the 5 ball away, he could chose to do something other than pocket the 10 ball. But, I think it would be to no avail.
To answer your second question, I would want the 5 ball on my long rail above the kitchen line. I would shoot to not allow the 5 ball to reach those balls in the corner cause I certainly don't want to pocket a ball, and I would want the CB on his long rail anywhere below the side pocket (although I don't think it matters too much).

As someone else said, one certainly doesn't want to come off the hill here.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
First off, I am stil not sure which pocket is the Ghosts from the description, lol...

But ok, let's say it is the opponent pocket and I need 1 ball to win. I dont want to come off the hill no matter what. So for me it boils down to which shot I think will less likely cause a foul.

For me personally, I think caroming off the 5 with some low RHE, into the long rail right before the pocket and make the 10. if I miss the 10, no problem, he makes it and may even get shape on the 5 depending on where it ended up, but im still the fave 7-6.

I would have to go with the right percentage shot for ME,,, which would be this