Hard times with a twist

Ross Keith Thompson

Verified Member
From
madisonville, texas
My brother and I were just outside a city in Arizona trying to hitch hike a ride
back to Houston Texas. We had left Popcorn's apartment in Elmonte Ca. that morning and caught a ride to Flagstaff I believe. Naturally we were broke and walked completely out of town to get away from the other hippies that were hitch hiking. That's called playing the odds, LOL.

I was sitting on my small suitcase of cloths and my brother was listening to some nasty young hippie preach from a little bible he carried. I picked up my suitcase and said "COME ON TOMMY" and we walked farther from town to get away from him.

On the verge of dying from thirst, a man pulled over in about a 68 Olds or so and offered a ride with him to Oklahoma City. Oklahoma was close enough for us, we had kin folk in Oklahoma and were appreciative for the ride.

My brother jumped in the back seat of the car where there was enough room for one person next to a huge pile of cloths. I was then stuck with riding shot gun in the front seat with the driver and his young son between us. The little boy was about 3 yrs. old and as rotten as a kid could be at that age.

The driver was probably 40 yrs. old and told me he had left his wife for greener pastures back in Oklahoma and took his kid with him. I had to listen to his sad story for the next 300 miles. Man did that get old.

We stopped after about 50 miles down the road and the driver bought his son a grape soda and himself a fifth of MD 20-20. He drank that whole fifth of wine in the next hour and was quite tipsy.

It seemed that the more he consumed the wilder the kid got sloshing that grape soda all over me for the next 200 miles or so. My brother would wake up and laugh every 10 or 20 minutes or so all laid back in his covey hole in the back seat of that Olds.

The driver stopped and filled up with gas and asked me if I could drive, sure I responded. Now the kid was sloshing grape soda on my right arm for the next 50 miles or so when the old man finally knocked out about one AM.

When he was down for the long hall, I grabbed that dam grape soda and chunked it out the window. I was close to becoming a murderer that night for I wanted to truly choke that little brat to death with my hands, but instead I threatened him a little and made him set still next to his drunk dad.

He was out in five minutes and my foot was heavy on the gas pedal until that next morning when we arrived in our area of Oklahoma. Never been so happy to get out of a car in my life

If I ran into to this kid as a grown man I believe I would buy me a grape soda and smash it over his head and threaten his life. But that would be wrong! One would never know what it's like going on the road whether driving or hitch hiking when you had to. I lived it and the lord tested me that day. Was the worst day of my life! I was humiliated all evening by a 3 year old kid and a bottle of grape soda pop. Life was good? LOL,LOL,LOL.

I've never forgiven my brother for jumping ahead of me into the back seat of that Olds when I was a better player than him, HAHA. I'm still pissed about it today and he just laughs about it! Go figure!

GoldCrown

Verified Member
If I ran into to this kid as a grown man I believe I would buy me a grape soda and smash it over his head and threaten his life.

The kid probably got his picture on a bottle of Welch's Grape Juice and got rich. Whatever you might have done to the kid at that time a jury might have sympathized with you.