The Boston area

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One Pocket isn't as strong around the Boston area as it could be -- despite having been home to Hall of Famer Boston Shorty, as well as local legend Bob Ingersol, both now deceased, but great players that will never be forgotten! Yet players can be found scattered around the local player oriented rooms.

The room best known for One Pocket over the last few years has been Brighton Billiards, a player oriented room with 8 tables that sees a fair amount of One Pocket traffic.

Other rooms include World Class Billiards in Saugus, which also features the top 3-Cushion players and equipment in New England, btw.

Breakers in Woburn sees a few One Pocket players.

Renaissance Billiards in Quincy tried a weekly One Pocket tournament for a while, but I think it is off at the moment.

There are a couple of us up here in NH that play in Manchester's private clubs, but you'd have to PM me for me to explain where they are!

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
NH Steve,

I am in the Boston area for Law School. Maybe we could get together for a friendly ( b/c I am a student I don't have $ to gamble with) game of one hole. I am originally from the midwest where one-pocket is the only game in town and here very few people play it, as you noted.

Even if you're a great player, I will probably be able to give you at least a few headaches.

Take Care

kollegedave

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
kollegedave said:
NH Steve,

I am in the Boston area for Law School. Maybe we could get together for a friendly ( b/c I am a student I don't have $ to gamble with) game of one hole. I am originally from the midwest where one-pocket is the only game in town and here very few people play it, as you noted.

Even if you're a great player, I will probably be able to give you at least a few headaches.

Take Care

kollegedave
I sent you a PM...

chief

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
One Pocket isn't as strong around the Boston area as it could be -- despite having been home to Hall of Famer Boston Shorty, as well as local legend Bob Ingersol, both now deceased, but great players that will never be forgotten! Yet players can be found scattered around the local player oriented rooms.

The room best known for One Pocket over the last few years has been Brighton Billiards, a player oriented room with 8 tables that sees a fair amount of One Pocket traffic.

Other rooms include World Class Billiards in Saugus, which also features the top 3-Cushion players and equipment in New England, btw.

Renaissance Billiards in Quincy tried a weekly One Pocket tournament for a while, but I think it is off at the moment.

There are a couple of us up here in NH that play in Manchester's private clubs, but you'd have to PM me for me to explain where they are!

steve,I am originally from the Cambridge/Somerville Ma area, and will be moving back that way soon.I will be working in Nashua NH.I play all pool games and billiards and would be interested in hearing about the places to play around Nashua.It has been 18 years since I have played much in that area.thanks

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
NH Steve said:

Unfortunately we have to scratch one of these rooms -- I've just heard Breakers has closed its doors :(