Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Verified Member

Default WWYD? - I would dog it.

Scenario is that my pocket is upper left pocket with the red X...I need two. I could bank the 5 ball over but I wont have a good shot to get me last ball and may leave a return bank if I miss. What I attempted was to cut the 4 with draw right and come around 4 rails to bank the 5 and if nothing else, get under the 5 so it cant be cut in. I failed to get under the 5 enough and the 4 rattled, and sold out the game. WWYD
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Verified Member

Default If I needed 2

The 5 ball imo is the correct shot. However to cross bank it to your side leaves you with the problem of not knowing exactly where whitey is going. You could sell out the 4 ball straight in to your opponents hole.

What I like to do is find some way to get the 2 balls together and leave whitey near my opponents hole. I think a good solid kick to slightly the right side of the 5 causing it to go 2 rails (side and top) and bringing it near the 4 leaving the rock downstairs near his hole.

Leaving 2 balls near each other, particularly on your side of the table, gives you the opportunity to create something productive in response to your opponents next shot.

Last edited by keoneyo; 08-05-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-dog View Post
Scenario is that my pocket is upper left pocket with the red X...I need two. I could bank the 5 ball over but I wont have a good shot to get me last ball and may leave a return bank if I miss. What I attempted was to cut the 4 with draw right and come around 4 rails to bank the 5 and if nothing else, get under the 5 so it cant be cut in. I failed to get under the 5 enough and the 4 rattled, and sold out the game. WWYD
t-dog....for $10 a game, I'd cut the 4 and go around the table for the winning cross-corner...but in a serious game, since the success% is not high enough for me to shoot the aggressive cut shot, and the bank, with it's distance and bad angle, has too many bad things that can happen, I'd kick the 5ball over to my side of the table.

- Ghost

Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 01-01-2016 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
t-dog....for $5-$10 a game, I'd cut the 4 and go around the table for the winning cross-corner...but in a serious game, since the success% is not high enough for me to shoot the aggressive cut shot, and the bank, with it's distance and bad angle, has too many bad things that can happen, I'd kick the 5ball over to my side of the table.

- Ghost
That is what I learned for $50 but wanted to verify....it was a chance to get out so I went for it. I thought I would be safe IF I got under the 5 enough.....I didnt. Thanks guys, it seemed simple enough but I appreciate the thought process that goes on...on this site.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Verified Member

You can play off the side rail with low draw and kill the cue ball and send the five ball toward your side pocket.

Bill S.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-dog View Post
I'd like your shot if the cut on the 4 was just a little bit thicker... more confidence in getting CB to the bottom rail. As it was, I think I'd have kicked the 5 off the long rail.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstroud View Post
you can play off the side rail with low draw and kill the cue ball and send the five ball toward your side pocket.

Bill s.
b-i-n-g-o!
Old 08-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andDone View Post
b-i-n-g-o!
That's what I think, too
Old 08-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Verified Member

Playing against a good/top player im cutting the 4 ball and draw spinning around the table to the end rail. Playing against a turd im kicking the 5 ball over to my side and waiting for a better option
Old 08-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepockethacker View Post
Playing against a good/top player im cutting the 4 ball and draw spinning around the table to the end rail. Playing against a turd im kicking the 5 ball over to my side and waiting for a better option
He was my speed so.....I should have kicked. lol