Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Johnson View Post
I was looking forward to sweating Frank's games. But I will support whoever you choose.
I agree with Carla
Old 12-19-2018, 02:12 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
I think on Steve's original post he stated; "that if there is enough sponsor funds then we also will sponsor a player in the banks". How much is enough I do not know, but to know would be nice, for then there is a goal for members to reach.

I think Keith has always had the propensity to bank balls. I showed up at the Palace one day and a long time sweater in there came running up to me, and said you should of been here Keith played some guy banks and ran the whole table, Keith was 14 or 15 at the time. At the banquet last year Scott said Keith never missed a bank in a OP match between them. Keith himself stated; "I was lucky that I could bank pretty well".
Back in the days of shoot out 9 ball you sure needed to be able to bank!

Well I put in $20 in hopes to inspire members to do so also. It is kind a hard to sponsor players that you do not know, but $20 might be a way to go for some. Whitey
Thanks Dennis, and yeah, I've always heard that Keith was a pretty great banker. I'd be happy to chip in additional funds towards sponsoring a player in banks, and vote for Keith if he could make it.

Steve - what say you? How much do we actually need to get to "sponsor" a player?
Old 12-19-2018, 10:25 PM
Verified Member

I just read the news that Frank had posted, he had posted on my face book page about a surgery that I had yesterday and didn't mention that he was not going to be coming out for the Derby. We had spoke on the phone last week and were reminiscing about when we met and were both youngsters, I was all of 14 and he was about 27, and I was totally blown away how this guy could move the cue around the pool table. Then I learned that he was working at a barber shop that was on the way too and from high school! So every day I would save my lunch money and stop at this barber shop on the way home to donate my funds towards a different education, and I am still trying to learn!
But to the point, and not to be an arse whole I will be withdrawing my support this year due to some unforeseen problems myself, Good luck to those that can make it.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron padilla View Post
I just read the news that Frank had posted, he had posted on my face book page about a surgery that I had yesterday and didn't mention that he was not going to be coming out for the Derby. We had spoke on the phone last week and were reminiscing about when we met and were both youngsters, I was all of 14 and he was about 27, and I was totally blown away how this guy could move the cue around the pool table. Then I learned that he was working at a barber shop that was on the way too and from high school! So every day I would save my lunch money and stop at this barber shop on the way home to donate my funds towards a different education, and I am still trying to learn!
But to the point, and not to be an arse whole I will be withdrawing my support this year due to some unforeseen problems myself, Good luck to those that can make it.
Sorry you cannot come. I have removed your name from the pledge list, if I understand correctly.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Administrator

OK, I have tallied the votes and listened to the suggestions and here are our sponsored players for the January 2019 Derby City Classic:

Mike Eck "ChicagoMike" in One Pocket
Bille Miller "wgcp" in Banks

Congratulations on winning our support for this, and most importantly, go out and have fun competing as best you can -- but you are both winners to us, no matter what! Try to keep us posted on your matches so we can vicariously enjoy fighting for you!! Those of us down their will try tohelp you out by sharking all your opponents (ok, just kidding ), and those at home like to follow along as well!

Matt will need your shirt size, because he is generously providing you both with a onepocket.org shirt for the occasion!! (PS you don't have to wear it every day, lol)

I will see you there for your share of the $$$.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:08 PM
Verified Member

Default Offical player sponsor thread for Derby City 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
OK, I have tallied the votes and listened to the suggestions and here are our sponsored players for the January 2019 Derby City Classic:

Congratulations on winning our support for this, and most importantly, go out and have fun competing as best you can -- but you are both winners to us, no matter what! Try to keep us posted on your matches so we can vicariously enjoy fighting for you!! Those of us down their will try tohelp you out by sharking all your opponents (ok, just kidding ), and those at home like to follow along as well!

Matt will need your shirt size, because he is generously providing you both with a onepocket.org shirt for the occasion!! (PS you don't have to wear it every day, lol)

I have 50 for you Steve. Congrats to two great guys!!! Canít wait to root you both on!!!í
Old 12-24-2018, 08:41 PM
Verified Member

Picked two great guys and players to represent us at DCC. They both should be very competitive and I will be there to root them on.

Congrats, Bille and Mike. Play well.

Less than a month, can't wait. Last time I attended was 2009. Ronnie Allen rode up and back with me. Giant ice storm that year. Hope weather is cooperative this year.

My wife is being very nice to me. DCC, Southhaven, and Philly(???).

I wish we would pick our 4th annual tourney site, Steve.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post

Great choices both! Nicely done group.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:54 PM
Verified Member

Great choices, congrats to both!!

Looking forward to seeing you all there cant wait!
Old 12-24-2018, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
I have 50 for you Steve. Congrats to two great guys!!! Canít wait to root you both on!!!í
Thanks Mitch -- added to the opening post! See you at DCC!!