Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-22-2019, 01:01 PM
Frank Almanza Frank Almanza is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upland, California
Posts: 2,367
Default

I think I might want to reposition the twelve ball into a banking lane knowing that he will be too busy protecting against the other two balls near my hole.

Name:  banking lane 2.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  39.0 KB
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-22-2019, 02:08 PM
cincy_kid's Avatar
cincy_kid cincy_kid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 4,083
Default

with where the CB is, I suppose there aren't a lot of options from here huh?

Maybe not the best wwyd with limited options, but lets see.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-22-2019, 02:35 PM
Jimmy B's Avatar
Jimmy B Jimmy B is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
with where the CB is, I suppose there aren't a lot of options from here huh?

Maybe not the best wwyd with limited options, but lets see.


You could always jack up and do a hard masse back into the twelve and make it or do a jump shot two railer back into the balls or do an Efren type jumper off the corner titty around like he use to do as part of his trickery routine. But I don't see any use in doing those when you can just kick the 12 in like Baby Huey's shot and favor it on the thin side so if jojo misses the 12 it will contact the one and just caron the three in...


Here's Efren doing what I'm talking about.. it's actually a nine ball situation and he needs to make a good hit on the one or the game is pretty much lost. No??

https://youtu.be/95F6HtoKi28?t=160
__________________
"Born Into This"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-22-2019, 02:53 PM
12squared 12squared is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Almanza View Post
I think I might want to reposition the twelve ball into a banking lane knowing that he will be too busy protecting against the other two balls near my hole.

Attachment 24782
I like Frank's shot. But on a funny note:

I read your post quickly and thought you said Dustin was too 'short'. hahahaha
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-22-2019, 03:44 PM
cincy_kid's Avatar
cincy_kid cincy_kid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 4,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
You could always jack up and do a hard masse back into the twelve and make it or do a jump shot two railer back into the balls or do an Efren type jumper off the corner titty around like he use to do as part of his trickery routine. But I don't see any use in doing those when you can just kick the 12 in like Baby Huey's shot and favor it on the thin side so if jojo misses the 12 it will contact the one and just caron the three in...


Here's Efren doing what I'm talking about.. it's actually a nine ball situation and he needs to make a good hit on the one or the game is pretty much lost. No??

https://youtu.be/95F6HtoKi28?t=160
ha, thats a crazy shot off the tit! ty for the vid Jimmy
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-22-2019, 06:06 PM
Tom Wirth's Avatar
Tom Wirth Tom Wirth is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry matchin View Post
Kick one long rail at the balls by my hole.
Excellent shot choice Jerry but I think you mean to kick off the head rail and back in towards the 12. Right? Lots of positive things can occur with this option and very little can go wrong.

Tom
__________________

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-23-2019, 08:15 AM
cincy_kid's Avatar
cincy_kid cincy_kid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 4,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
Excellent shot choice Jerry but I think you mean to kick off the head rail and back in towards the 12. Right? Lots of positive things can occur with this option and very little can go wrong.

Tom
I probably would not have shot this shot if I were in that position but it is pretty darn nice isn't it? Good eye Jerry!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-23-2019, 12:52 PM
cincy_kid's Avatar
cincy_kid cincy_kid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 4,083
Default

Ok, I stand corrected, Dustin could see more of the 12 than I remembered. He hit it straight ahead to try to get the CB on his long rail to play safe on the 2 but just didn't hit it hard enough, luckily the 12 was pocketed so he played safe on the 2 after all.



Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-23-2019, 02:26 PM
Tom Wirth's Avatar
Tom Wirth Tom Wirth is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,484
Default

So Cincy, From this position what did you do? It appears to me from the first image that from where Dustin left you, you may have a playable carom to pocket the three ball while clearing the one ball from Dustin's pocket area.

Either way you should have an easy time clearing those two balls. That's why in my estimation moving the twelve ball was not the best decision.

Dustin, In hindsight, given a do over, would you play the same shot again if you could have executed it as you had planned?

Tom
__________________

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-23-2019, 03:42 PM
LSJohn LSJohn is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: monett missouri
Posts: 7,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
Excellent shot choice Jerry but I think you mean to kick off the head rail and back in towards the 12. Right? Lots of positive things can occur with this option and very little can go wrong.

Tom
I would have shot Frank's shot, but I'm going to keep my eyes open in the future for shots like Jerry's, which I would have never thought of before.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.