Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2019, 08:09 PM
Verified Member

Thank you gentlemen for acknowledging my efforts. I hope you have the opportunity to put this shot and some of the others I present into use during your more serious matches. Just try not to use them against me.
Actually, if you ever did use one of these shots against me I would be flattered.

Bill, AKA Vapros, I was wondering about that wording myself when I first saw it. I can only guess the writers may have been thinking more about rotation games or eight ball. Who knows??

Anyway, I thank you all for taking the time to watch and comment on my videos. It really means a lot to me.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 07-26-2019, 10:05 PM
Verified Member

Yes, indeed, Tom, but I think that pesky word requires a bit of clarification from the rules people. Have they decided that we can only stroke through the frozen ball if there is no other ball we can legally shoot at?

I believe by this time most of us were aware we could shoot through a frozen ball, and now we know how to plot a path, but can it be a sin to do it? I have seen it debated in play.

Last edited by vapros; 07-26-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:28 PM
Verified Member

Thanks Tom, more good stuff. Just got your videos and they are great. Appreciate your efforts.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:31 PM
Verified Member

Nice! I love little system shots like this. Putting this thing in my toolbox, for sure!
Thanks.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:14 AM
Verified Member

Thanks again, Tom, for the understandable examples in your concise presentation of how to correctly calculate the desired direction of a cue ball with a center ball hit when it is frozen to an object ball. Again, your demonstration points out that there is no one secret to playing great pool, just a "bushel full" of little secrets. This is definitely one of them.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:32 AM
Verified Member

Another home run.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:22 PM
Verified Member

Tom, this is a great video and presentation. What really stands out for me is the simplistic system you have come up with it determining the stroke angle. I love it, it sure gets the job done and it is so easy to remember.

Many systems are complex with trying to remember the numbering of diamonds, adding numbers and so forth, so this is really refreshing and for me it will be a go to method. Thanks so much! Whitey
Old 07-27-2019, 05:53 PM
Verified Member

Knowing this system on how to aim this shot is huge. I was in a nine ball game years ago in the finals of a match. The nine ball was hanging in the hole and I'm frozen to a ball but not the one I'm suppose to hit. Giving up BIH was a sure lose.

I had no way to kick at the nine but shot through the ball I was frozen to and made the nine that was several feet away. I was willing to have him try to run out. It was luck I'm sure but this knowledge you have here sure would have helped instead of me having to go with instinct. Thanks for the tip.