Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2019, 10:38 PM
Verified Member

i'm probably a little biased and prideful here...but...miller analysis to follow...

spent about an hour this evening with all options (encourage "you" - i.e. the royal reader to do the same.)

the shot i played can be executed and to me is the best decision for me here.

-1- tom tom and jerry's shot leaves mixed results and not hit with *perfect* touch is little to be desired

-2- dawg one (gringo speak for unoperro)...ha!...quine es tu smoking hermano?

-3- convinced crabbman's shot gets you ultimately stuck even worse

-4- J.R. shot is prone to end up in the drink (i actually thought heavy on this, but alas, did that very same thing vs Figueroa a week or two prior)

-5- everyone knows i have an affinity for Da' Barber - as hard as i may to like his full table billiard to lay it perfectly on the end rail, just can't execute it....

my shot (helps inducing a little angle) brings the stripe back down and puts whitey goofy....

Old 07-29-2019, 10:21 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
FWIW, I set the shot up, and had no trouble rolling the CB the length of the table, up and back, and hitting the 12 or the 1. As long as the shooter is capable of hitting center axis cue ball, the lag is very simple. I only went wide once, and that was due to an over adjustment when the ball actually came back at too narrow of an angle.

I'm not sure I would have recognized the possibility of this shot of Jerry's. But it's a good shot to know, for sure.

~Doc
Thx doc....JeR' loves rolling his ball.
no link....
Old 07-29-2019, 02:23 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoperro View Post
Play the carom bank-12 off the 2.

2 should go up table and 2 rails towards my pocket.

Right hand english on whitey should get it about at Brunswick.

Since some think I am smoking rope I took this to the table and shot it 4X. Not 1 bad outcome.
One day I was playing a few quick games with a buddy over our lunch hour. As I was playing way over my head, I banked a ball, similar to the 12, long rail , off the spotted ball into my hole, for the game.
Since this setup was basically the same, I also shot it 1X. I was thinking if those guys think the other shot is too aggressive....
I made both balls The 2 in my pocket and the 12 in the opponents
Dont ask me to video it!
Old 07-29-2019, 09:40 PM
Verified Member

Default WWYD - c vs d - #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
Mark, As an immediate game winner where I knock the 12 ball in the hole? Not often but the kick keeps the cue ball closely positioned to all three balls. This reduces the opponent's options for an effective reply. The more distance from an object ball the more options there are to hitting that ball. The converse is also true.

Mark, rather than me providing a number of game winning scenarios I suggest you set up the situation and try the kick 10 times for yourself. As a result of that kick how many times did you find a way to clear those balls safely? I would bet not many if any at all. And what of the alternative shots to the kick? They either involve removing the 12 ball or the taking of a foul, neither of which can be viewed as very appealing.

You see, the player who's pocket that is already has the game well in hand. The goal now should be to keep a strangle hold on that position and there are only two ways to do that. Kick or take a foul, and taking a foul now means having to make two ball verses one. that leaves only the kick as the best option in my book.
I'll be interested in your results.

Tom

1. Fouled and left shot on 4 (0-1)
2. Skimmed 12 and bumped 1 over toward opponent pocket but still tough position for opponent (0-1-1)
3. Hit 12 on wrong side left shot with angle for shape on spotted ball (0-2-1)
4. Scratched off 12 ball (0-3-1)
5. Double kissed 1 ball, CB bounced up where opponent can kick safe (try to kick 12 in and tuck CB behind the balls) (0-4-1)
6. Finally kicker the f🤬cker in, then I quit 🤣 (1-4-1)
Old 07-29-2019, 09:52 PM
Verified Member

Default WWYD - c vs d - #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
1. Fouled and left shot on 4 (0-1)
2. Skimmed 12 and bumped 1 over toward opponent pocket but still tough position for opponent (0-1-1)
3. Hit 12 on wrong side left shot with angle for shape on spotted ball (0-2-1)
4. Scratched off 12 ball (0-3-1)
5. Double kissed 1 ball, CB bounced up where opponent can kick safe (try to kick 12 in and tuck CB behind the balls) (0-4-1)
6. Finally kicker the f🤬cker in, then I quit 🤣 (1-4-1)

Thought about it more...tried something else, then came back to try your shot again...
7. scratched again.

As bad as my results were compared to yours, it a tough position to really “lay down a monster”, so I guess it’s as good as anything else. Really I just need to practice kicking!
Old 07-30-2019, 12:02 AM
Verified Member

Well Mark, I hope you will practice your kicks, and if you practice this particular one I hope you will let us know if you improve your percentages. I'm betting you will. Dramatically!

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com