Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:02 AM
waynewhiting waynewhiting is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Default New To One Pocket

Hi, my name is Wayne Whiting and I live in Southern Oregon. I have to admit I was one of those guys who thought one pocket was for old guys who couldn't see anymore to pocket balls. Okay, I admit I was wrong. Looking forward to learning one pocket and improving my overall game.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:16 AM
crabbcatjohn crabbcatjohn is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Benton, Ky.
Posts: 2,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynewhiting View Post
Hi, my name is Wayne Whiting and I live in Southern Oregon. I have to admit I was one of those guys who thought one pocket was for old guys who couldn't see anymore to pocket balls. Okay, I admit I was wrong. Looking forward to learning one pocket and improving my overall game.
Welcome to the crazy world of one pocket!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:13 AM
androd's Avatar
androd androd is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Braunfels tx.
Posts: 7,084
Default

Dive right in, sometimes it gets a little deep, it's not a chance of drowning.
__________________
Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:40 AM
TinMan TinMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Cordova, TN
Posts: 2
Default One Pocket skill builder

I too, am new to One Pocket. I'm finding that this game is building my skills on several levels, but particularly in defense. Defense is all about ball control and that is key to all pool games. Welcome to the game. Hope to run into you down the road.

"Break a Stick"
TinMan
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:12 PM
Frank Almanza Frank Almanza is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upland, California
Posts: 2,370
Default

Welcome to the game guys.

One way that one pocket will help you when you play all the other games is that you work so hard to get a shot from your opponent that when you finally do you don't want to waste the opportunity by rushing your chance to pocket some balls. You'll find yourself concentrating and focusing more to maximize your chance at the table.

This discipline will carry over to all of your other games and make you a better player. Welcome aboard.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:42 PM
unoperro's Avatar
unoperro unoperro is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
I too, am new to One Pocket. I'm finding that this game is building my skills on several levels, but particularly in defense. Defense is all about ball control and that is key to all pool games. Welcome to the game. Hope to run into you down the road.

"Break a Stick"
TinMan
Glad you have taken up this great game. Maybe I can meet you and Matt Hilton and we can play some in the Little Apple
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:22 PM
Jim McCary Jim McCary is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 42
Default

Welcome to another convert. After a little while, you will not play anything else. You just become addicted and you can't help it.

Jim Mc
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-30-2019, 07:06 PM
Hardmix Hardmix is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cumming Ga
Posts: 711
Default

Wayne/Tin I was right where you guys are 4 years ago. Like you, I was fortunate enough to stumble across 1P.Org. This community is filled with information coming from 100ís of years of experience and top of that it is a great collection of people.

So make yourselves at home. I would start going through all of the WWYD threads as well as watching YouTube matches.

Again welcome and good luck with your games.

Ben
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-30-2019, 07:33 PM
Mkbtank's Avatar
Mkbtank Mkbtank is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Philly Pa
Posts: 5,078
Default New To One Pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardmix View Post
Wayne/Tin I was right where you guys are 4 years ago. Like you, I was fortunate enough to stumble across 1P.Org. This community is filled with information coming from 100ís of years of experience and top of that it is a great collection of people.



So make yourselves at home. I would start going through all of the WWYD threads as well as watching YouTube matches.



Again welcome and good luck with your games.



Ben


Yeah Fellas. In just 4 years you too can finish top 15 at the derby!! Piece of cake! 😉
__________________
Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-30-2019, 07:41 PM
lll lll is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 14,441
Default

welcome wayne and tinman
i live in vero beach fl
if you are near me
shoot me a pm and maybe we can meet up to play
the archives are treasure troves of info with the wwyd
but if you post your shots all of us will give constructive advice...
larry a/k/a ....lll (LLL)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.