Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Verified Member

Default A tribute to the Ghost

Lately the Ghost has been providing us all with a great deal of entertainment in the form of wwyd threads. In recent months, he by far, has been the one doing this.

These wwyd threads are widely accepted by most of us as educational tools designed to enlighten us about the game we all equally love. He does this freely and unselfishly for the same reasons the rest of us chime in our solutions to these sometimes complex problems. They are fun, and they help us improve. They provide a platform by which we can voice our individual conclusions and debate other's ideas and defend our own one pocket thoughts.

Ghost's solutions have not always been accepted by many of us as the best answer to these threads. Though I have, on many occasions, been a contributor as one with contrarian opinions to his thinking, I wish to state now that I am very appreciative of the hard work he exhibits in producing these threads. On the other hand none of us are always right, including me of course, and many times there is no right answer for all players. I think that statement is universally accepted. (Rob may be the only exception to this rule.)

Anyway, I thought it fitting to offer this thank you to Luke "Ghost" for these efforts. Please, if you are in agreement with this, state your thanks as well.

Thank You Ghost.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 10-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
Lately the Ghost has been providing us all with a great deal of entertainment in the form of wwyd threads. In recent months, he by far, has been the one doing this.

These wwyd threads are widely accepted by most of us as educational tools designed to enlighten us about the game we all equally love. He does this freely and unselfishly for the same reasons the rest of us chime in our solutions to these sometimes complex problems. They are fun, and they help us improve. They provide a platform by which we can voice our individual conclusions and debate other's ideas and defend our own one pocket thoughts.

Ghost's solutions have not always been accepted by many of us as the best answer to these threads. Though I have, on many occasions, been a contributor as one with contrarian opinions to his thinking, I wish to state now that I am very appreciative of the hard work he exhibits in producing these threads. On the other hand none of us are always right, including me of course, and many times there is no right answer for all players. I think that statement is universally accepted. (Rob may be the only exception to this rule.)

Anyway, I thought it fitting to offer this thank you to Luke "Ghost" for these efforts. Please, if you are in agreement with this, state your thanks as well.

Thank You Ghost.

Tom
I most heartily agree.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Verified Member

Default A tribute to the Ghost

Indeed. Thank you so much Ghost!! As a token, here are two Ghost peppers from my garden 😁. Hot as you can handle.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444682684.678328.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  167.5 KB
Old 10-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Verified Member

As Ghost's (well-paid) #2 fan, I'm embarrassed that someone else beat me to this.

I dogged it.

You 'da Man, Mr. Ghoastie.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Administrator

I most heartily agree too. I have only posted a few WWYD's over the years, and guess what the reason is? It's a lot of work and on top of that is the astuteness in the game to recognize a situation that will invite good dialogue in the first place!! It's not that easy!

Plus, once you have posted your opening WWYD, it basically takes on a life of its own, so it is no longer just "yours" anymore -- it kind of becomes common property as others chip in.

So yes, thank you again Ghost!!!
Old 10-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Verified Member

Default WWYD's

I agree. While I don't comment on many, I check them all out.

I am staying undercover until after the S/S and then I will show all you guys the correct shots. (Even Hacker)
Old 10-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Verified Member

I truly appreciate the WWYD threads. thanks Ghost and thanks to the contributors!
Phil
Old 10-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Verified Member

What they said!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Verified Member

For anyone playing the Ghost
We assume all his victims are toast
But under that sheet
There's an ass and some feet
so he's no more exotic than most

Not exotic, but savvy and generous. Thanks, Luke - you continue to be a big factor in this fine site. Sharper than everyone except . . . well, anyway, plenty sharp.

Bill
Old 10-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Verified Member

discounting his questionable choice of baseball teams to root for and paying those two bangers to move around my feet every time i got down on a shot my last trip to chicago......

yes. thanks ghosty.