Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2019, 10:22 PM
Verified Member

Default Feed Your Head

Hi OP folks, I just uploaded another You Tube Video for your enjoyment.
Here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh1dFiWWrXk

If you wish me to continue providing links to my videos please let me know
of your interest.

Believe it or not, these videos take a lot of work to produce but they are a labor of love for me. I get a great kick out of coming up with situations and ideas I find interesting and personally educational. I hope you feel likewise and I hope some of them inspire you to experiment in a similar way when you're at the practice table.

One Pocket is the only pool game I know of which should encourage a player's imaginative growth. As Grace Slick said many years ago,
"Feed your head!"

Serious comments intended to improve any of my videos is welcome.

Thanks

Regards,

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 06-28-2019, 10:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
Hi OP folks, I just uploaded another You Tube Video for your enjoyment.
Here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh1dFiWWrXk

If you wish me to continue providing links to my videos please let me know
of your interest.

Believe it or not, these videos take a lot of work to produce but they are a labor of love for me. I get a great kick out of coming up with situations and ideas I find interesting and personally educational. I hope you feel likewise and I hope some of them inspire you to experiment in a similar way when you're at the practice table.

One Pocket is the only pool game I know of which should encourage a player's imaginative growth. As Grace Slick said many years ago,
"Feed your head!"

Serious comments intended to improve any of my videos is welcome.

Thanks

Regards,

Tom
Love your videos and the music is also awesome
Old 06-28-2019, 10:57 PM
Verified Member

Tom, your videos are well-produced and most helpful to people like me, and I will always be glad to see them. It's only right that I should speak up and say so. I'm sure others will, also.

The exercise today was excellent. I don't practice kicks enough, and I know there is no other way to learn them - kicking into a bank, especially. Here is a suggestion - provide an estimate of how many times you might expect to find such a shot in the next 100 games of one-pocket you play. Also, if this were the last ball, would you kick it rather than cut it?

Don't stop now. I'm watching. Thanks -
Old 06-29-2019, 12:25 AM
Verified Member

Sir I enjoy your videos!

Today's "feed your head " are shots that you can't know if you don't know. It is not enough to "know of them" you have to practice them to really "know" them.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:12 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapros View Post
Tom, your videos are well-produced and most helpful to people like me, and I will always be glad to see them. It's only right that I should speak up and say so. I'm sure others will, also.

The exercise today was excellent. I don't practice kicks enough, and I know there is no other way to learn them - kicking into a bank, especially. Here is a suggestion - provide an estimate of how many times you might expect to find such a shot in the next 100 games of one-pocket you play. Also, if this were the last ball, would you kick it rather than cut it?

Don't stop now. I'm watching. Thanks -
Great stuff, I hope you keep it up, Tom. I also need to work on my kicks--I think I miss a lot of opportunities when the OB is near the rail.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:00 AM
Verified Member

i enjoyed your video and like all of them learned something i didnt know before
great job tom
feed your head....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl89g2SwMh4
Old 06-29-2019, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Nice job as always! I especially liked how you started with one basic kick and then fleshed it out. I notice that vid was dated 6/27 (I think lol). Almost the same moment I was posting the tag line

Play One Pocket
Stimulate your mind
Win real money

Looking at my second line compared to your line from Grace Slick “Feed your head” dare I say great minds think alike lol??

Carry on my friend and again great work as always!!
Old 06-29-2019, 10:33 AM
Verified Member

Grand video Tom
Thanx Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 06-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Verified Member

Thanks Tom, always enjoy your videos, please keep them coming.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:49 AM
Verified Member

Thank you Gentlemen for you kind words and encouragement. It is most appreciated and i will continue to try to post new stuff that I hope you will find interesting. If any of you have ideas or drills you would like me to consider as a subject of study for video, I would like to hear from you. I won't promise to take them on but I do like a bit of a challenge now and then.

And Jim, Thank you for liking the music I chose. Tom Guernsey, who wrote the piece was a good friend of my sister and me. He passed away a few years ago of Lou Gehrig's disease. I got permission from his widow to use his music and I am very grateful to her. I get to honor Tom's memory in this small way.
I think it works well here.

Steve, Thanks again for allowing me to post my videos on the main forum and it's good to know we both are interested in expanding One Pocket thinking on a more inventive scale.

Bill, I think you would be surprised by the percentage of times shots of this kind and variations not all that dissimilar can be found in the course of even a few games. We all have a tendency to wear blinders when playing this game. Especially once we feel we know what we are doing. That's when we see one shot that jumps out at us we jump back at it.

The trouble is more in not recognizing the possibilities quickly enough to take advantage. We all have had the disappointing experience of seeing a shot that could break the game wide open but because we didn't practice even its basic structure our lack of confidence prevents us from attempting its execution.

There are so many odd ball shots that One Pocket offers to the imaginative player who takes the time to study the way the balls interact. Even if you don't learn to execute to shot to your own satisfaction you should at least consider the information you will gather by simply doing a bit of pool table research.

I bit of unsolicited advice. FEED YOUR HEAD! I guarantee that like me you will have fun and benefit from the experience.

The pool table can be your laboratory. It is for me. That's where I get my joy from pool these days. That and teaching. I haven't set foot in a pool room since I returned from Memphis. I don't miss the competition that much anymore but I hope to attend our next tournament event wherever may be held. Hope to see you there.

Thanks again,

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com