Player sponsorship to Derby City

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
LOL I dont know who you are or how you play? I guess you are implying that Bernie P plays better than me... very interesting :D

If I'm not mistaken, it was a brief couple of years ago that Billy was spending all his time protection your ass and mine in the theater of war. Only after he retired did Freddie and his crew put him through a One Pocket boot camp that a lot of us would envy. Apparently, he has been improving steadily ever since. Do I have it right, Billy? BTW, thank you for your service.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
nomination

nomination

I really appreciated being nominated, i have already paid my entry fee and bought back in as well. I only live about 25 minutes from the Diamond pool table factory. If some one can come up with a 2x or 3x shirt i would be glad to wear it during my play.

This will be my 15th DCC that i have played in.

I would like to pass my nomination on to Freddie B.

Deeman

Verified Member
Okay, here is my revised list. I am not including any players that have already opted out, or already been sponsored in the past, or are non-members. I have at the top a small group of players who have been nominated and have confirmed their interest/availability.

These confirmed candidates are:

Steve Lomako (either Banks or One Pocket ?)
Bernie Pettipiece (One Pocket)
Lou Figueroa (One Pocket ?)
Deeman (Banks)

In addition, there are other players who have been nominated but we do not know for sure if they can accept and represent us or not. These players will need to chime in if they want to be considered -- also it would be good to know if they want to be considered for Banks or One Pocket (that goes for a couple of the above players as well):

Unconfirmed nominations:

Larry
Dennis
Androd
Sappo
Dudley
CaliRed
Miller
Petie
Big Jim (Banks)

Let's try to clear up the field by say next Wednesday night, so we can move on to making our final choices.

PS It is great to see posts here and there (and private messages) offering $$ support -- keep that coming if it is something you can help with, because definitely for some players, they could use the extra support. You can do it anonymously or publicly -- whatever your preference it is still appreciated!!

Guys,

Thanks, again, for the generous offer but timing is gonna get me as I won't be there for Banks. Ace should be considered in my opinion. :)

I wish all the entrants good luck.

DeeMan

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Revised list of sponsorship candidates

Revised list of sponsorship candidates

The confirmed candidates are:

Lou Figueroa (One Pocket)
onepockethacker (either Banks or One Pocket ?)

In addition, there are other players who have been nominated but we do not know for sure if they can accept and represent us or not. These players will need to chime in if they want to be considered -- also it would be good to know if they want to be considered for Banks or One Pocket (that goes for a couple of the above players as well):

Unconfirmed nominations:

Dennis
Androd
Dudley
CaliRed
Ace

onepockethacker

Verified Member

onepockethacker (either Banks or One Pocket ?)

Unconfirmed nominations:

Dennis
Androd
Dudley
CaliRed
Ace

One pocket for me Steve

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
Onepocket Hacker shouldn't be so picky. He should be graciously excepting anything the members at onepocket.org might offer him.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Onepocket Hacker shouldn't be so picky. He should be graciously excepting anything the members at onepocket.org might offer him.

Steve just asked what event would I want to be nominated in!! unbelievable lol

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I am sorry Mr. Onepocket Hacker. I now see where Steve posted something about that in post 85. See you at Derby.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One pocket for me Steve
Thank you, I will edit the list accordingly.

PS the same question, One Pocket or Banks, applies to some of the others on the list. Also we still need to get confirmation for all these players as to whether they would be able and want to represent us this tournament:

Dennis
Androd
Dudley
CaliRed
Ace

I am going to close the list tomorrow and then we will decide who we sponsor!!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One more day for finalizing nominations...

One more day for finalizing nominations...

he confirmed candidates are:

onepockethacker (One Pocket)

In addition, there are other players who have been nominated but we do not know for sure if they can accept and represent us or not. These players will need to chime in if they want to be considered -- also we need to know if they want to be considered for Banks or One Pocket (that goes for one of the above players as well):

Unconfirmed nominations:

Dennis
Androd
Dudley
CaliRed
Ace

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I will be there for the whole event and I don't feel I would be voted in, but I would be able to represent onepocket.org playing either banks or one pocket.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
he confirmed candidates are:

In addition, there are other players who have been nominated but we do not know for sure if they can accept and represent us or not. These players will need to chime in if they want to be considered -- also we need to know if they want to be considered for Banks or One Pocket (that goes for one of the above players as well):

Unconfirmed nominations:

Dennis
Androd
Dudley
CaliRed
Ace

Never played in a tourney, too old to start now. Thanks for the mention.
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
maybe too late for this year but frank "the barber" almanza should be considered for next year
known player and a contributer to the site

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
maybe too late for this year but frank "the barber" almanza should be considered for next year

...or the US Open One Pocket, because I know he sweated that last year because he and I did a little commentary together, and I hope to see him back there again this year!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

It's not too late to add Frank to the list...Steve said last week that Wednesday night/tomorrow night was the deadline for submitting names...so add Frank to the list.

- Ghost

PS, And since he lives out west where they where shorts and sandals all year round - if Frank doesn't own a winter coat..:eek:..I'll bring him/lend him one to wear - we're about the same size...:heh

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Last day to join the list of candidates

Last day to join the list of candidates

Ace (One Pocket or Banks)

Unconfirmed nominations:

Dennis
Dudley
CaliRed
Frank the Barber

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
...or the US Open One Pocket, because I know he sweated that last year because he and I did a little commentary together, and I hope to see him back there again this year!

Thank you Larry, Steve, and Ghost, but I will have to decline. The DCC is always a bad time of the year for me. However I will throw my hat in the ring later in the year for the US Open.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Pardon my english.....

Pardon my english.....

....but isnt that one cat called 1PH banned from here last year?The new guy?He's nominated?Are you kidding?Its not the same guy right?Cheers,Jack

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Put me down for the banks.

Its not my first choice but it looks like no one really wants to carry the OP.org torch for the banks.