Hey Mark Griffin

markgriffin

Verified Member
US Open One Pocket

US Open One Pocket

Posters, qualifiers, prize breakdown and all other pertinent info should be posted by next week.

The 2016 US Open One Pocket will be held at Pool Table Magic (75 Ella Grasso Turnpike) Windsor Locks, CT.

Dates: April 18-21, 2016
limited to 48 players
$5,000 first place (based on full field)
$5,000 added (based on full field)
Entry $350 (including all registration and green fees)
Double Elim (4 on winners/3 on losers--Final race to 5)

Much more info coming soon.

SBE ends on 17th and has a Pro 10-ball and Pro One Pocket. This event starts on the 18th. Then the US Open Straight Pool Championship starts on the 21st (in the same location) - so lots of pool with very little traveling.

5 minutes from Bradley International Airport. Many affordable hotels in the immediate area.

PPV streaming from CSI

Presented by CSI and hosted by Mark Kulungian and Pool Table Magic.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nice to hear that you've pulled this together, Mark. I admire your determination. Even though it'll be at the far reaches of the continental U.S., I'm sure the event will fill. Congratulations.

You can bet that Steve B. will be celebrating-- having a major event right in his back yard!!:D

~Doc

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Posters, qualifiers, prize breakdown and all other pertinent info should be posted by next week.

The 2016 US Open One Pocket will be held at Pool Table Magic (75 Ella Grasso Turnpike) Windsor Locks, CT.

limited to 48 players

SBE ends on 17th and has a Pro 10-ball and Pro One Pocket. This event starts on the 18th. Then the US Open Straight Pool Championship starts on the 21st (in the same location) - so lots of pool with very little traveling.

5 minutes from Bradley International Airport. Many affordable hotels in the immediate area.

PPV streaming from CSI

This is great news! Glad the event is happening. I bet we can get 10 guys here to pony up a $100 each to make it $6000 added. Maybe do like the Make it Happen and the contributors get PPV access, shout out on air and maybe an autographed 8 by 10 of the final 3 or something. That would be cool. :)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Fantastic news that the US Open One Pocket is coming back!

Thank you Mark and the others that are making this possible.

unoperro

Verified Member

limited to 48 players

PPV streaming from CSI

Thsnks Mark!

markgriffin

Verified Member
CSI PRESENTS: US Open One Pocket + US Open Straight Pool Championship

CSI PRESENTS: US Open One Pocket + US Open Straight Pool Championship

2016 US Open One Pocket ++++ Straight Pool Championship - Today, 07:43 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is some more info on the upcoming events:

limited to 48 players
Double Elimination (4 on winners/3 on losers--Final race to 5)
Qualifiers to be announced: contact the host room: Mark Kulungian (markptm@aol.com or call 860-627-8494) - provide a phone number and some pertinent info. This is for both events.

SBE ends on 17th and has a Pro 10-ball and Pro One Pocket. This event starts on the 18th.

The US Open Straight Pool Championship starts on the 20th (in the same location) - so lots of pool with very little traveling.
Players (mandatory) meeting at 6 PM - Matches a 7 & 9 PM
Limited to 48 players.
The first invite list will be going out next week.
$10,000 added & $10,000 first place (based on full field)
$600 entry (including green fees and registration)
All players will play a minimum of 5 matches.
Round robin stage is 100 points. Single elimination goes to 150 - finals to 200 points
Streaming will be provided by CSI.
2nd chance event for eliminated players. (Top 3 get $600 each.)

There are several qualifiers already planned and more coming - I will post them in the next 2 days. If interested in having a qualifier, please contact the host room: Mark Kulungian (markptm@aol.com or call 860-627-8494) - provide a phone number and some pertinent info. This is for both events.

Qualifiers: ($105 entry - race to 100 Double Elimination)
2/13/16 TJ's Classic Billiards - Waterville, ME
2/20/16 Red Shoes - Chicago
3/5/16 Easy Street Billiards - Danny Barouty -Monterey, CA
3/20/16 SandCastle Billiards - Ed Liddawl - Edison, NJ
Several more in discussion. Contact Mark Kulungian (860-627-8494 or markptm@aol.com with questions on qualifiers (for both events)..

5 minutes from Bradley International Airport. Many affordable hotels in the immediate area. 240 miles from SBE/120 miles from Empire State Building.

PPV streaming from CSI

The equipment will be 12@ Gold Crown I and II + 2 Brunswick Anniversary tables

Last edited:

u12armresl

Verified Member
Been to and played at a lot of the US 1pk and don't ever remember the entry being that high though. Also putting it so far to one end of the country excludes lots of bangers. With the entry fee at 350, is it out of the realm of possibility to do 4/4. Or not enough time?

Just curious what other places were in the running. Red Shoes, Chris's, Tulsa, etc.

Thanks for bringing it back though. Please get some shirts made up (especially in the bigger sizes) and you'll for sure get rid of all those.

I'll take 2 right off the bat.

Thank you Mark.

markgriffin

Verified Member
2016 us open one pocket & us open straight pool championship

2016 us open one pocket & us open straight pool championship

Sorry-duplicate post.

Last edited:

markgriffin

Verified Member
2016 - Updated info on US Opens

2016 - Updated info on US Opens

Here is some more info on the upcoming events:

limited to 48 players
Double Elimination (4 on winners/3 on losers--Final race to 5)
Qualifiers to be announced: contact the host room: Mark Kulungian (markptm@aol.com or call 860-627-8494) - provide a phone number and some pertinent info. This is for both events.

SBE ends on 17th and has a Pro 10-ball and Pro One Pocket. This event starts on the 18th.

The US Open Straight Pool Championship starts on the 20th (in the same location) - so lots of pool with very little traveling.
Players (mandatory) meeting at 6 PM - Matches a 7 & 9 PM
Limited to 48 players.
The first invite list will be going out next week.
$10,000 added & $10,000 first place (based on full field)
$600 entry (including green fees and registration)
All players will play a minimum of 5 matches.
Round robin stage is 100 points. Single elimination goes to 150 - finals to 200 points
Streaming will be provided by CSI.
2nd chance event for eliminated players. (Top 3 get $600 each.)

There are several qualifiers already planned and more coming - I will post them in the next 2 days. If interested in having a qualifier, please contact the host room: Mark Kulungian (markptm@aol.com or call 860-627-8494) - provide a phone number and some pertinent info. This is for both events.

Qualifiers: ($105 entry - race to 100 Double Elimination)
2/13/16 TJ's Classic Billiards - Waterville, ME
2/20/16 Red Shoes - Chicago
3/5/16 Easy Street Billiards - Danny Barouty -Monterey, CA
3/20/16 SandCastle Billiards - Ed Liddawl - Edison, NJ
Several more in discussion. Contact Mark Kulungian (860-627-8494 or markptm@aol.com with questions on qualifiers (for both events)..

5 minutes from Bradley International Airport. Many affordable hotels in the immediate area. 240 miles from SBE/120 miles from Empire State Building.

PPV streaming from CSI

The equipment will be 12@ Gold Crown I and II + 2 Brunswick Anniversary tables

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
So please excuse my ignorance on this matter but for this event it's not just first come first serve based on who pays their entry first? Instead you have to win or place in the top 3 in a "qualifying" tournament and then you are invited to participate in the us open?

I would love to play in it but don't know if I can get away again so soon after the derby especially that far away, so this question is more just for curiosity sake.

Thanks in advance!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
So please excuse my ignorance on this matter but for this event it's not just first come first serve based on who pays their entry first? Instead you have to win or place in the top 3 in a "qualifying" tournament and then you are invited to participate in the us open?

I would love to play in it but don't know if I can get away again so soon after the derby especially that far away, so this question is more just for curiosity sake.

Thanks in advance!

If you get your $$ in early, you will get to play. The qualifying tournaments are for players to win spots and their entry fee and or expenses paid.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If you get your $$ in early, you will get to play. The qualifying tournaments are for players to win spots and their entry fee and or expenses paid.

ahh, ok thank you sir ~

Hmm, but if it's limited to only 48 players, what if a whole bunch of b and c players sign up and it fills up. Don't know how exciting it will be for the fans to watch the finals of 2 people they have never heard of :)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
ahh, ok thank you sir ~

Hmm, but if it's limited to only 48 players, what if a whole bunch of b and c players sign up and it fills up. Don't know how exciting it will be for the fans to watch the finals of 2 people they have never heard of :)

There are always a few, but not many will pay $350 to play. I have played in it a couple times in Vegas. Did OK one year, losing to the players that came in 2nd & 3rd and made the $$, and went two and out the second time.

I won't make it this time because it is too close to the Senior Classic in Houston.

markgriffin

Verified Member
US Open One Pocket

US Open One Pocket

We will be sending out an invite list very soon. There will be a reasonably short time to confirm - then we will add in the number of qualifiers, and then open the entries up.

The event is in 60 days. I expect a pretty strong field - and some aggressive play.

As far as tickets, seating and all that. This is only 48 players. We don't have the manpower to fine tune all of the smaller details. There will be seating and the room is fairly nice with high ceilings.

We will be releasing the PPV fees as well as the door entry fees - but that's not pertinent for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the interest and hope to see everyone there.

Mark Griffin

markgriffin

Verified Member
US Open One Pocket - invitations sent

US Open One Pocket - invitations sent

US Open Straight Pool and US Open Championships - Today, 11:01 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The invitation letters (to both events) have all gone out. If you received one, please follow the directions. The entry (w/deposit) must be received by March 15th.

After March 15th, all remaining spots will be available. PLEASE try and sign up early so there are no disappointments!

If there are any questions, contact our office at 702-719-7665. As the players commit, the website will reflect those that are in the events.

If you 'think' you were going to get an invitation, you can text me to see if your name was on the invited list. The list is made up of past winners and known players.

Here is a link to the webpages: http://www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-one-pocket.html

Here is the host room - Pool Table Magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXipjRzntCU

Mark Griffin

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I just noticed that after watching the video of the venue, the US Open looks like it will be played on Gold Crowns this year.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I just noticed that after watching the video of the venue, the US Open looks like it will be played on Gold Crowns this year.

Looks like. Check the back room too...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHSqIxmZT5o[/ame]

markgriffin

Verified Member
Hey Mark Griffin

To the invited players. Please do not snooze your deadlines because you could lose your spot. Once March 15th passes, we will open the entry to everyone else, and you will lose your seniority. (The same rules apply for the Straight Pool.

If you 'think' you should have been invited, contact Mark Griffin and I'll confirm if you were. Contact was made by email - the player is responsible to get back to us.

Please pay attention, to the emailed info.

Mark Griffin,
CSI

markgriffin

Verified Member
Important INFO for all players in US Opens

Important INFO for all players in US Opens

US Open One Pocket & Straight Pool INFO - Today, 05:55 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

2016 US Open One Pocket & Straight Pool Championships

CueSports International, Henderson, NV (March 7, 2016) – CSI is pleased to announce the 2016 US Open One Pocket Championship and the 2016 US Open Straight Pool Championship. Both events will be held April 18-24 at Pool Table Magic in Windsor Locks, CT (just a short drive from the Super Billiards Expo which concludes April 17).

US OPEN ONE POCKET
April 18-21
48 players max
Entry Fee: $350
Race to 4/3, Final to 5
Added Money: $5,000 (based on 48)
Double elimination

US OPEN STRAIGHT POOL
April 20-24
48 players max
Entry Fee: $600
Race to 100/150, Final to 200
Added Money: $10,000 (based on 48)
Round Robin (8 groups of 6 – 100pt. matches)
Top 3 from each group advance to a singles elimination bracket – 150pt. matches

INVITED PLAYERS – URGENT – PLEASE READ!
Many of the 48 spots for both events are reserved for invited players through March 15 and invitations have already been sent via email. To accept the invitation, a completed entry form with a $200 (non-refundable) deposit must be received by March 15th. If you do not accept the invitation by March 15, you may lose your spot. On March 16, all remaining spots will be open to anyone. Players who believe they should have received an invitation but did not should contact CSI immediately.

All Other Players
All other players should visit the official webpage for either event (links below), download and complete an entry form, and submit to CSI immediately. You will then be placed on the standby list but not charged until you are given a spot. After March 15, all open spots will be filled by those on the standby list first in the order in which they were received. Therefore, to help secure your spot, do not wait until March 16 – Register today!

Dates & Deadlines
Invited players confirm: Tue, March 15
Remaining spots open: Wed, March 16
Late fees begin: Tue, March 29
Last day for mailed entries: Tue, March 29
Last day to register online: Fri, April 15

Miscellaneous Information
All event details including entry forms, payouts, qualifiers, and much more can be found on the following official event webpages.

2016 US Open One Pocket Championship webpage: www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-one-pocket
2016 US Open Straight Pool Championship webpage: www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-straight-pool

CueSports International (CSI) ◊ 2041 Pabco Rd., Henderson, NV 89011 ◊ 702-719-7665 ◊ 866-USA-POOL