Rest in Peace, Blackeee

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Samuel Keith Hamilton, aka "Blackeee," passed away this morning peacefully in his sleep, around 3:30 a.m. when I checked on him.

Blackeee enjoyed this site so much and loved the game of one pocket. One Pocket and ball games paid his way through life, and raised myself and 3 other children who weren't even his.

Music for funeral will be by special guest Larry Cox of Chicago.

Blackeee, if you ever log in from where you are I want you to know:

Noone who EVER lived was to ANYONE else what you were to me. A Father, a teacher, a friend. You spent your life helping others and taught me how things should be. I was truly blessed to have you in my life. Rest in peace Dad.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
FRed/Ghost? Chicagoans!!

FRed/Ghost? Chicagoans!!

Oh, and ANY of you Chicago folks that can, I want to introduce Pop's good friend Larry personally - any nicknames or known by names would be helpful.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
My condolences to you and your family.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Last edited:

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
I'm sure he'll be watching over you as a proud father and friend. My sympathies go out to you and your family.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
We had several interesting chats about my time in Jackson and his friend "Meathead"
I wish I could've known Blackeee. Great that he went in his sleep.
Sorry for your loss.
Rod.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Heartfelt sympathies

Heartfelt sympathies

So,so sorry to hear about your dad. I was one of the first people to talk to him after he got the bad news from the doctor.

His old friend Larry Cox is going down there to play for you at the funeral. Larry always talked about his relationship with your dad. He is proud of the pool video that they made together. Your father's passing was a big loss for Larry.

Larry is an old time blues player of some note. He also played a nice speed of bank pool and enjoyed battling back and forth with your pa.

Larry does not have a nickname.

Beard

Jimmy B

Verified Member
So sorry for your loss of your father. Hope you are hanging in there. I enjoyed Blackeee and his posts very much. I remember sending him an item once. What else. A one pocket tape..........

grimel

Verified Member
nfgs, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you can see a bright spot during this time of sorrow. He went peacefully in his sleep (may we all be so lucky) and is no longer suffering. Your family will be in my prayers.

RedCard

Verified Member
Very sorry to hear of Blackee's passing. My sincere condolences to newfosgatesucks and all of his loved ones.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Sorry to hear of your loss, it's hard when someone passes that your close to and my deepest condolences go out to you and your family. :sorryR.I.P. Blackee.

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
R.I.P. Blackee

R.I.P. Blackee

Having been raised by a great step-dad myself, I know that it takes a very special human being, to care for you and befriend you, as if you were his own. You were very fortunate, to have Blackee in your life.

Deepest sympathies...I know you will miss him.

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I am sorry to hear this. This all happened so fast. I think blackee was the first person I had a PM conversation with on this forum. I'm glad this forum gave him some enjoyment. He sounds like he was a very special man to many people. I'm glad we all got the opportunity to even know of blackee, thru this forum.

I'll play you a set of onehole when I get up there blackee and we'll yuk it up talking about those guys on onepocket.org.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Very sorry to read this, nfs. All here on Onepocket.org will miss him, but not like you will of course. I am touched that he enjoyed participating here -- and being part of the OnePocket.org extended family.

I would like to create a memorial page for him here, which I can work on with you when you are comfortable in that frame of mind. We all would like to know when and where his memorial service will be too -- even if we cannot be there, we can keep you both in our minds, hearts and prayers.

Rest in peace, blackee.

Obit notice:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jacksonsun/obituary.aspx?n=samuel-keith-hamilton&pid=154552369