Candidates who missed the cut

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
Obviously there are a lot of deserving candidates, and a hof class can only be so big, but here are a few legends who seemed to have missed the cut, but should definitely be considered for next year -- and one of whom is still alive and kicking.

Melvin "Strawberry" Brooks
Glen "Eufaula Kid" Womack
"Oakland Don" Decoy
Robert "Big Nose Roberts" Rodman
Marcel Camp

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
BackPocket9Ball said:
Obviously there are a lot of deserving candidates, and a hof class can only be so big, but here are a few legends who seemed to have missed the cut, but should definitely be considered for next year -- and one of whom is still alive and kicking.

Melvin "Strawberry" Brooks
Glen "Eufaula Kid" Womack
"Oakland Don" Decoy
Robert "Big Nose Roberts" Rodman
Marcel Camp
No one could argue with that list. I would add, Cleo Vaughn. You could count the players on one hand that made a special trip to Mobile to play Cleo.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Each year we plan to have at least one special category in addition to the main One Pocket HOF ballot. Some of the deserving candidates that get passed over for 'bigger names' may come up in one of the special categories.

Some ideas for these special categories:
1/ Undercover players
2/ One-handed shooters
3/ Teacher/Promoters (Of course the Jansco Brothers, but how about Pat Fleming or Eddie Robin for example?)
4/ 'Legacy' candidates that would include the early, early legends that apparently go back too far for today's voters to relate to
5/ 'Action makers' -- the guys that make action happen, whether as backers, players or house men or room owners

Of course, all of this will happen over a number of years --> fun stuff to look forward to :)

ironman

Verified Member
Jack Cooney

Jack Cooney

Not that I got to see him play a lot, but it surprises me that Jack Cooneys name doesn't come up any more than it does. Maybe I have him over rated?