Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-08-2018, 07:50 PM
lll lll is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 13,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
Larry,

Id like to take credit for that shot, but Im just not that good... I was probably trying to move the 15 up into the 13 ball and reposition them both up table... I believe I was trying to avoid the kiss and billiard the 12 ball over towards my pocket.. I got really lucky on poor Tom on that shot...
well it sure looked cool on the video....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-08-2018, 07:53 PM
lll lll is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 13,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
some times shots turn out well and we look like a genius and some times sellout and look like a fool.

seems to me the best two ways to go is if you are not good at banking and lack the confidence then do something like roll behind his ball and try to play out the game with your opponent having a large advantage with the layout. kicking the nine over towards your hole will leave a bank more times than not unless you send cueball up table but thats too risky.

or try to shoot your way out and get the game where you become the large favorite.

as your disadvantage gets greater the more often you must shoot shots that can cost you the game if you miss.

banking well overcomes many tight spots.
beatle
your perspective is duly noted and I will try to remember.
i am 65 now so i have earned my right to senior moments,,,.....
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-08-2018, 08:26 PM
Cary's Avatar
Cary Cary is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bertram, Texas
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
Larry,

Id like to take credit for that shot, but Im just not that good... I was probably trying to move the 15 up into the 13 ball and reposition them both up table... I believe I was trying to avoid the kiss and billiard the 12 ball over towards my pocket.. I got really lucky on poor Tom on that shot...
About the only thing I've learned (that I am capable of using) from watching Efren all these years is that sometimes it pays to give yourself a chance to be lucky.
__________________
"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."---unknown
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Tom Wirth's Avatar
Tom Wirth Tom Wirth is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,358
Default

So Larry, now I must suffer the abuse of being forced to remember that tid bit of One Pocket miscarriage of justice? What's the world coming to?

I don't remember what I did from there. Did I manage to escape and win this game?

WDID?

Tom
__________________

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-09-2018, 07:54 AM
lll lll is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 13,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
So Larry, now I must suffer the abuse of being forced to remember that tid bit of One Pocket miscarriage of justice? What's the world coming to?

I don't remember what I did from there. Did I manage to escape and win this game?

WDID?

Tom
tom
you hit the 6 into the 7 moving both balls and rolling onto the stripe
jeff tried to cut the stripe to make the ball in his pocket
jeff overcut the stripe letting you see the ball hanging which you made for him
jeff eventually got up 7-3 but you hung in there and battled and eventually won the game 8-7
hope that soothes some of your memories of the match
Name:  jeff vs tom toms shot.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  36.0 KB

Name:  jeff vs tom toms result.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  42.0 KB
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Tom Wirth's Avatar
Tom Wirth Tom Wirth is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,358
Default

It does Larry, It does. Winning cures a lot of ills.
Especially when you know you're back is against
the wall.

Jeff, you play a mean game of pool, buddy.
I hope you're feeling well.
AND A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY FRIEND!
I hope to see you and your lovely wife Linda again before another year passes by.
Tom
__________________

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Last edited by Tom Wirth; 12-09-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-09-2018, 11:55 AM
youngstownkid's Avatar
youngstownkid youngstownkid is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,119
Default lets start over jeff vs tom correctly labeled

Hard for me to see exactly how its laying...but those two balls need to take a hike.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Jeff sparks Jeff sparks is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
It does Larry, It does. Winning cures a lot of ills.
Especially when you know you're back is against
the wall.

Jeff, you play a mean game of pool, buddy.
I hope you're feeling well.
AND A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY FRIEND!
I hope to see you and your lovely wife Linda again before another year passes by.
Tom
Thanks Tom,
Im 75 today! Never thought Id make 60...😜

The group missed you this year at the seniors, wish you could have made it...
Hope to see you next year...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Island Drive's Avatar
Island Drive Island Drive is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: florence, colorado
Posts: 3,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
Thanks Tom,
Im 75 today! Never thought Id make 60...😜

The group missed you this year at the seniors, wish you could have made it...
Hope to see you next year...
You never think about missing, just making....HBD tall guy.
__________________
Bill Meacham
WBT
www.worldbilliardtour.com
no link....
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-11-2018, 05:52 PM
Jeff sparks Jeff sparks is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
You never think about missing, just making....HBD tall guy.
Thanks Bill,
And youre the tall one 😉👍
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.