1p.org dcc sponsored player/representative

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
little under 3 months out, whoever represents the site might wanna start getting in stroke....

i'll get things going with a $100 donation to steve this weekend regardless of selection....

jtompilot aka "jim the pilot" aka "airport jim" is my nomination.

hacker/bernie/brumback/tom/ghost have all represented in events in the past. leaving possibly wayne/baby huey/figueroa as regulars who currently maybe play same speed or better (who knows....).

jim is good action, plays guys all over the country, will play for cheap as fellowship for the game, participates and educates others in WWYDs, and most importantly - is a good cat.

:)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
little under 3 months out, whoever represents the site might wanna start getting in stroke....

i'll get things going with a $100 donation to steve this weekend regardless of selection....

jtompilot aka "jim the pilot" aka "airport jim" is my nomination.

hacker/bernie/brumback/tom/ghost have all represented in events in the past. leaving possibly wayne/baby huey/figueroa as regulars who currently maybe play same speed or better (who knows....).

jim is good action, plays guys all over the country, will play for cheap as fellowship for the game, participates and educates others in WWYDs, and most importantly - is a good cat.

:)

Hey, I thought we just had a tournament to select our rep. :)

(But I'd vote for Hacker if he promised to wear a tux for all his matches.) :D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hey, I thought we just had a tournament to select our rep. :)

(But I'd vote for Hacker if he promised to wear a tux for all his matches.) :D

Hacker has also been sponsored -- to the Derby City Classic. Thank you for kicking this off Dustin!!!

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
If someone has been sponsored, are they no longer eligible? Could a list please be posted to show who has previously been sponsored? I ,of course will contribute. Steve, please how to make out check and where to send to money .

Thanks

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
I believe the guy who took the lead in organizing the SSSS Tournament deserves a little payback from the members.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I believe the guy who took the lead in organizing the SSSS Tournament deserves a little payback from the members.

I think Jeff Sparks would be a great pick. I was sponsored a few years back at the U.S. Open One Pocket in Vegas.

Cloidius

Verified Member
Tall Jeff!

Tall Jeff!

I really like the idea of Jeff Sparks representing the site at the next DCC. I think his contributions have been plentiful and insightful. Not to mention his efforts in coordinating the Super Seniors.

And, while I have not met him in person, judging by the respectful manner in which he conducts his internet self, I am confident he would represent us appropriately on and off the table.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I really like the idea of Jeff Sparks representing the site at the next DCC. I think his contributions have been plentiful and insightful. Not to mention his efforts in coordinating the Super Seniors.

And, while I have not met him in person, judging by the respectful manner in which he conducts his internet self, I am confident he would represent us appropriately on and off the table.

Couldn't be said better.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I already had my time. Who would enjoy it more than Jeff, except maybe YOU if he could not make it.

No one will enjoy being there more than I, but I honestly couldn't enjoy being our representative. I'd be too worried about embarrassing myself and the the rest of you. I'd be very uncomfortable.

If you really want to be out of the running, I'm 100% for Jeff (even if he has to mail it in. :p )

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I already had my time. Who would enjoy it more than Jeff, except maybe YOU if he could not make it.

Wonderful offer guys and I truly thank you, however I must decline. I may end up there for a couple of days anyway, but staying longer away from my buddies ( two miniature Schnauzers) is not an option.

If it's up for nomination, I'd strongly suggest this years winner of the SS Classic, what better way to promote the birth OP.Org's SS Classic than with it's current Champion. He is and will remain a staunch supporter of this site, Gentleman John Henderson is deserving, if he will accept the nomination, he's got my vote.

P.S. I mean no disrespect towards other deserving members here, I'm a new member and I can only judge from what I've experienced since joining. I do not know the criteria used for the selection of this honor, in fact this thread is the first time I've heard of a sponsorship by members. If the nomination is based on contributions to the site, then there are several other worthy candidates.

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Count me in for $50, plus an in-person donation in the form of accepting too little weight. (Assuming I make it.)

Jeff and JTom are great candidates.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Wonderful offer guys and I truly thank you, however I must decline. I may end up there for a couple of days anyway, but staying longer away from my buddies ( two miniature Schnauzers) is not an option.

If it's up for nomination, I'd strongly suggest this years winner of the SS Classic, what better way to promote the birth OP.Org's SS Classic than with it's current Champion. He is and will remain a staunch supporter of this site, Gentleman John Henderson is deserving, if he will accept the nomination, he's got my vote.

P.S. I mean no disrespect towards other deserving members here, I'm a new member and I can only judge from what I've experienced since joining. I do not know the criteria used for the selection of this honor, in fact this thread is the first time I've heard of a sponsorship by members. If the nomination is based on contributions to the site, then there are several other worthy candidates.

Bring your Schnauzers with you... I'll babysit them and teach 'em to play Blackjack. (I've got a Lab that plays better than I do. :eek: )

keoneyo

Verified Member
Since Hendy was also picked for one season hows about James Christopher?
Is he a member of the group?
One prerequisite though if I donate anymore money.
The chosen one must write a report on his experience.
I was disappointed when we got no reports on our last entry.
Would like to know at least who that person plays etc.
I feel we deserve that much.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Since Hendy was also picked for one season hows about James Christopher?
Is he a member of the group?
One prerequisite though if I donate anymore money.
The chosen one must write a report on his experience.
I was disappointed when we got no reports on our last entry.
Would like to know at least who that person plays etc.
I feel we deserve that much.

I went two and out the year I was sponsored, beaten by a guy named Chance (very good player) and Glenn Atwell knocked me out.

The year before I finished 7/8th and beat some good players, losing to Chris Gentile and Alex P. They finished 2/3rd behind Efren.

Since they no longer hold the U.S. Open One Pocket, I hope we can send one or two to Derby City.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Sorry I cannot clear my PM from my phone so that will need to wait. My PayPal email is onepocket@onepocket.org

Mailing address

Steve Booth
OnePocket.org
56 Baptist Rd.
Canterbury, NH 03224

Please include your User Name so I know who to thank!!!

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I talked with James Christopher this morning and he's interested in being a sponsored player for OP.Org at this years DCC. He's a very good player and is signing up today as a new member of OP.Org.

I'm not campaigning here, I'm just making it known that he would welcome the opportunity to represent OP.Org.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Personally, I think Jtompilot is a great choice. I'm sure James Christopher would be a great representative, but I feel like one of the regular posters should be given the nod. Glad that James signed up though! I hope he sticks around and jumps in, and he could get my vote next year. (Just one mans opinion).