Cory vs. Androd 3

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Last one. I may not be as good as Ghost at picking interesting ones. This time, Rod is definitely shooting and he picked an option that was not what I would have picked.

FYI, as I recall, I just 2-railed the 15 ball and drew back to off the long rail to where you see the cue ball positioned. I realize now that I need to take notes to go with my WWYD pictures.

WWYD? Assume that you're down 3-2. Your hole doesn't have the 15 in front of it.

Attachments

• IMG_2960.jpg
    IMG_2960.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2959.jpg
    IMG_2959.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i would masse around the 2 balls and make the 15
at the same time id masse the 2nd picture to orient it better....:D

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Well I didn't think I could masse successfully, I kicked and missed the ball. LoL :frus

P.S. I should've taken Jim's advice, but something didn't feel right about getting the 3ball outta there.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Well I didn't think I could masse successfully, I kicked and missed the ball. LoL :frus

P.S. I should've taken Jim's advice, but something didn't feel right about getting the 3ball outta there.

Yep, I would have played the masse, but JTom's combo is a pretty good option too!

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

The masse would have some pitfalls to it. You could follow and scratch. Even if you get away with making it and not scratch he would have a fair chance of kicking at that wired three ball. That three and four has to be dealt with right now.
This is my suggestion on Jtompilot's shot if you're concerned with the three ball hanging around. Shot with an elevated cue to masse after striking the four ball. I tried it a few times and I got good results. Not difficult to do. Slim chance of giving up a shot on the three if it hangs around.
Rodney shot.jpg

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
Looks like you could hit the 7/3 combo with centerball firmly. The 3 ball will go rail first and make the 15, sending the 3 ball up table. The 7 should go off the rail and up about 1 or 2 feet depending on table speed. The QB should stay on the rail near where it is.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Rod played a kick. I would have played the masse, expecting to leave the cue enough in the pocket as to not have to worry too much about the return shot of the kick-combo.

That said, I now think the combo shot is probably better than the masse. I would be nervous about hitting it as Frank A. drew it. Probably just a real firm stop shot and leave the cue on the bottom rail.

Thanks, everyone.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Why not go to the rail by the 13 with right English on the CB to come back and touch the 3. It would move a ball to your hole just a little and leave him straight in on the 13, it would also break up the combo. I'm not saying hit it hard , but just enough to get to the 3.---Smitty

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Why not go to the rail by the 13 with right English on the CB to come back and touch the 3. It would move a ball to your hole just a little and leave him straight in on the 13, it would also break up the combo. I'm not saying hit it hard , but just enough to get to the 3.---Smitty

I think that where the 15 ball is, there is space to cheat the pocket or go rail first and get on the 13 ball (the uptable ball near the spot).

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Last one. I may not be as good as Ghost at picking interesting ones. This time, Rod is definitely shooting and he picked an option that was not what I would have picked.

FYI, as I recall, I just 2-railed the 15 ball and drew back to off the long rail to where you see the cue ball positioned. I realize now that I need to take notes to go with my WWYD pictures.

WWYD? Assume that you're down 3-2. Your hole doesn't have the 15 in front of it.

Hurry up and shoot before the balls run to the other side of the table.