Official OnePocket.org Sponsorship Nomination thread

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
I think Cali for the Banks and Ghost for 1P sounds like a good choice. After some unexpected expenses, I also have to postpone my first DCC trip(I'm sure the extra year will give me some much needed practice). Hopefully I'll get a chance to help somebody else prepare for it, though.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
well crap Freddy.. I wasn't trying to tell a sob story or a woe is me line. I have a bad habit of just speaking whatever is on my mind and don't run it thru the "how it might be taken or is it too much" filter. I wish I could do better at that because the last thing I want is anyone pitying me. It is what it is with me.

If someone helps me out in anyway, such as this sponsor thing, in the past I would have felt all guilty and shameful. But because of the the hundreds and hundreds of hours I've put into sharing and helping anyone and everyone I can in the pool community in the past 3 or 4 years, 95% of it all for free.. I wouldn't feel so shameful about it.
If someone does help me get there, I can't wait to record hours and hours of footage to share with everyone when I get back.

Of course. Just take plenty feet of me.

Beard

lfigueroa

Verified Member

I don't know if we're voting or who's qualified to vote or what's the sitution.
My opinion is also for "The Ghost" . He would be a good rep.

He wouldn't antagonize or aggravate the opponents.
Rod.

I guess I have not been keeping up. Who is this a shot at?

Lou Figueroa
I'd suggest a PM
but I know
you're not shy.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

My opinion is also for "The Ghost" . He would be a good rep. He wouldn't antagonize or aggravate the opponents. Rod.

Hey Rod.....How did you know that I was such a gentleman to play with...:D

- Ghoatsy

PS, Truth is though, my opponents get plenty aggravated from being in all of the traps that I put them in...:heh

Deeman

Verified Member

My opinion is also for "The Ghost" . He would be a good rep. He wouldn't antagonize or aggravate the opponents.
Rod.

Rod,

All can vote but we usually all come to a general consensus on the person or persons.

Ghost,

Thanks for the kind words. I think Steve and I have agreed, as the entry will be covered, we can use my donation for the buyback. Hey, what's a guy without two barrels? :)

Can't wait guys!

DeeMan

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Official OnePocket.org player sponsor nomination thread

Official OnePocket.org player sponsor nomination thread

Thank you Ace, for getting this started -- hope you don't mind that I made it official.

Last edited:

JAM

Verified Member
I vote for Greg aka "CaliRed". -- even though he does have the period in his name mistakenly after the quotation mark. :D

Greg has been tirelessly creating high-quality vintage video reproductions for all to enjoy. I also enjoyed his on-site video clips from last Derby City Classic.

Count me as a vote for Greg aka "Calired".:)

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
Thank you Ace, for getting this started -- hope you don't mind that I made it official.

I don't mind at all.

If Deeman doesn't want to be nominated for sponsorship......My votes are for Cali Red in Banks and Ghost in One-Pocket.

How can I compete with that? Broke as I am, I hereby relinquish any bank entry votes I may receive to our pal CaliRed. Send his ass.

This year has been murderous, but I'll figure something out, I always do.
I certainly aint gonna miss it no matter what.

Beard

Oh Freddy, quit your whining. You're a pool player. Pool players are used to being broke.:lol

I really appreciate all of you guys who have voted to send me to the Derby. I was really planning to go at least one more time (last year was my first ever)and was saving up to do that, but a recent surprise divorce and me having to find a place to live in a 7 day window left me in the hole and it was so bad, I even had to put my camcorder and camera in hock. that's the first thing I got to take care of, is getting that back in my possession.

Last year, some of you may remember, I had went there with a project in mind. That was, to take a bunch of video and pictures, do interviews and film anything I could. My plan was to edit all of that footage into a DVD that would try and showcase why this tournament was not one to be missed and to try and get people that have never gone there, to want to go there. I thought that if I could make something that might persuade more people to go there, I would be helping Greg Sullivan out and any other vendor there, by getting more people in the door.

I love the whole idea of this particular tournament, because of it's focus on action and that it is molded after the Johnston City tournament. Action and pool, is what I love about pool the most. So I don't want it to ever have to close it's doors. I wanted to try and do anything I could to help with that.

I also thought I could sell my DVD and maybe recoup the cost of my equipment I bought to do this project. Mainly the High Definition camera. Hehe. well that didn't work out so good.

Well, after getting back and starting to edit my footage, I couldn't help myself, I just started sharing all of it with everyone and putting it all up online for free. Which makes it difficult to create a DVD that people will buy if it's already online for free. Hey.. what can I say. I like to share. I guess I think of how much enjoyment I get out of watching all of this stuff from the Derby, that I want others to have that opportunity to, also. I guess I wouldn't' make a very good salesman if I give away my product.:D

I still got a lot more footage to share with everyone from the last Derby. Some really good stuff!! As soon as I get the forums updated and working good, I'm going to focus on getting all of that out there for everyone to see.

If I am able to go this year, I have some exciting plans. I plan on capturing more of entire matches, instead of running around so much. I also wanted to go a day or so early and hang out with John Brumback at his house and maybe do some sort of documentary on John. (Psst.. he isn't aware of the documentary part, so don't tell him!)

So if you guys send me, I am going to come back with a ton of footage, all shot in HIGH DEFINITION BABY! So all of you that can't go, you are going to get to enjoy footage of the tournament for the next 12 months after I get back.

I also would be honored to shoot in the banks tournament. It would really mean a lot to me, to be able to tell others (brag) and for me on a personal level, to have played in a tournament of this magnitude. I have never played in any tournament other then some cheap bar tournament and the no. of those I got in, was probably on two hands..

Just the idea of you guys thinking of me and wanting to do that, means a lot to me. I really don't have any kind of life and never have, so pretty much any time I'm not working or sleeping, I am working on pool stuff. And I LOVE EVERY MINUTE I SPEND working on projects, watching pool, and most of all.. playing pool. So getting to be able to get back into pool again, has been a life saver to me. Having so much to do and loving doing it, is really is helping me get thru these very tough times personally.

So I thank all of you so very much, for perhaps giving me the possibility of a opportunity, that I may have the best 10 or so days that I have ever had in my life. I know some of you may say.. How fricking sad is this guys life"?:eek: Well, it doesn't really matter about all that.. what matters is, each person has something that gives them great satisfaction, pleasure, joy and a feeling of self worth.

Mine just so happens to be pool and what I can do to contribute to it.:)

Thanks again guys.. and sorry for the rambling. You all know I ramble all the time. that's just me. In person, I"m kinda quiet.

And I'm going to practice up, because damn it.. I want to START my own beat list!!!

Cali, I would love to see you go to DCC. You passion for pool is obvious, and your videos are much appreciated. I particularly like and agree with your statement regarding the things that matter.

Can't wait to see your beat list,
Clare

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Sponsors

Sponsors

How about co sponsors: Your west coast representative JRHendy and the Chicago representative, Ghost
Any seconds?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Truth is though, my opponents get plenty aggravated from being in all of the traps that I put them in...:heh[/QUOTE]

You call giving someone a chance to run out on every shot, TRAPS?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Truth is though, my opponents get plenty aggravated from being in all of the traps that I put them in...:heh

You call giving someone a chance to run out on every shot, TRAPS?[/QUOTE]

Excuse me Mr. Bill...but didn't you bar yourself from this site...:D :lol :p

- Gho$t

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
You call giving someone a chance to run out on every shot, TRAPS?

Excuse me Mr. Bill...but didn't you bar yourself from this site...:D :lol :p

- Gho$t[/QUOTE]

BTW Ghost: one less vote for you to represent one pocket .org. I'm voting for JRHendy. It also means I don't have to stake him in the tournament leaving more money for the cash games.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
BTW Ghost: one less vote for you to represent one pocket .org. I'm voting for JRHendy. It also means I don't have to stake him in the tournament leaving more money for the cash games.

Bill, I like really like John's game against the shortstops, like Ghoats and the Beard, and my friend Bernie (in the partner game)....Just beg off being in with him on the tournament, (its a crap shoot) and stick with the $$$$ action...:p :p :p

PS..If you need more money, just call me at...BR 549..:cool:

Seriously, John has my number..But please do not call, if John has a game he doesn't like..JK :p

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill, I like really like John's game against the shortstops, like Ghoats and the Beard, and my friend Bernie (in the partner game)....Just beg off being in with him on the tournament, (its a crap shoot) and stick with the $$$$ action...:p

PS..If you need more money, just call me at...BR 549..

Seriously, John has my number..But please do not call, if John has a game he doesn't like..JK :p

I have that number but it's always busy. Too many games to back. John has never met a game he didn't like. We would be on the phone all the time. Don't worry about your cut. Your still in for 80-20% when we lose and 10-90% when we win. I have to give Ghost a hard time or he won't think it's me. We still have about two hours before John is awake , so we can say anything we like. :lol:lol:lol

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Has it been decided?

Has it been decided?

Has it been decided? Is someone going to be sponsered at DCC?

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
First, I would like to thank all of you that voted for me. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year:(, so I wish to withdraw my name from consideration.

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Has it been decided? Is someone going to be sponsered at DCC?
What we decided was to split the sponsorship between 'The Ghost' for One Pocket and 'Calired' for Banks. Unfortunately, maybe it won't work for Calired, which if that holds, we can rethink the Banks sponsorship. We do have both One Pocket and Banks entries donated by Greg Sullivan.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
First, I would like to thank all of you that voted for me. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year:(, so I wish to withdraw my name from consideration.

greg sorry to hear that:(
i propose a rain check for greg for next year if he can go
at least first in line for him to say yea or nay