Where's my man Pancake?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Okay. I stand corrected. I apologize. After further review, I realize that you are supposed to have fun on this site. I and may have interpreted opposite of what you meant. I have two daughters (10 & 13) and they are more internet savvy than I. They informed me that your little cute smiley guys (post icons), that you insert into text, mean that you are joking.

I will fade back into the peripheral with my box of popcorn and remain just the audience. It's like a good movie (Grumpy Old Men comes to mind). Oops! That was not an insult. Just my lack of humor etiquette.

As for the delusional comment... You are not the first to call me that. When I first met my wife I told how big I was. Then when I dropped my pants - she too called me delusional. :lol

and please remember to give me the address to the pool room you frequent most often in Chicago area. I am a five hour drive away. I will look forward to visiting and playing you some day. I have a lot to learn and I heard you have a great game. I am willing to play you for a couple hundred a game to learn. I am more of a hobbyist and I certainly have not dedicated as much time to the game of pool as you. But, I would love to give it a go if your interested. ;)

Mr. Pancake...Thank you for your apology - I gracefully and gratefully accept it..and I now no longer think you are delusional (although sadly, I guess you're wife still does :sorry)...

Now as for your most generous offer to come by and donate some Benjamins to me..let me say this...

As for what you heard..nah, I'm over-the-hill now, and just have a so-so game, but yes, you could definitely learn a lot from me - since I know the game of One Pocket more thoroughly than anyone on the face of the Earth..:eek:..:heh....now the old Ghost is not totally senile yet, and not so easy to trap..:)....that said, you know who I am, but I don't know who you are - who knows, maybe you/'Mr. Pancake' are actually Joey Gray for example..:eek:.....but you know what..I'm a gambler, so without even knowing or caring who you are - here in writing, I accept your challenge to play, even up, for that $200 a game (or $300 a game would be fine too), with just one little, tiny, very reasonable condition - to make it a fair playing field -----> That condition being, that you're the same age as me - or older is ok - I'm a gimpy, squint-eyed, always-forgetting-which-pocket-is-mine, 65 yrs. old..:(...

Now if unfortunately (for me) you can't meet that little qualification, don't worry, you can still learn the game from me...you just come on up here with those Benjamins and use them to take lessons from me...as long as you have the skills and the brain power, I guarantee I will raise your game by 1-2 balls...:heh

I very much look forward to seeing/meeting you soon, in either of those two aforementioned ways...:)

Kindest regards, One Pocket Ghost

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Where'd my man Pancake disappear to?.....I've been sitting here waiting here for him with my favorite fork, loads of butter, and my 100% real maple syrup :heh (and btw, for those interested, Aldi's has the best price for real maple syrup :))......guess while I'm waiting, I'll just have to get by with a beautiful picture..:D...

Attachments

• A A PANCAKE.jpg
    A A PANCAKE.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Where'd my man Pancake disappear to?.....I've been sitting here waiting here for him with my favorite fork, loads of butter, and my 100% real maple syrup :heh (and btw, for those interested, Aldi's has the best price for real maple syrup :))......guess while I'm waiting, I'll just have to get by with a picture..:D...

Wow. That looks good Ghostie. Hey I go in Aldi's sometimes. Bring my own shopping bags in there. Good prices. I saw him lurking in the last couple of days.

Pancake

Where'd my man Pancake disappear to?.....I've been sitting here waiting here for him with my favorite fork, loads of butter, and my 100% real maple syrup :heh (and btw, for those interested, Aldi's has the best price for real maple syrup :))......guess while I'm waiting, I'll just have to get by with a beautiful picture..:D...

I didn't disappear. I ain't a ghost like you! Or, is that your nickname because you move like a ghost on the table? Clever. I got my name because I get flattened like a Pancake whenever I bet something. I am like an ATM to most players.
No need to send that address. I found you. Red Shoes right? If I make the trip, are we playing? Cheap - $50-200 a game... Consider this my Waffle House special just for you.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I didn't disappear. I ain't a ghost like you! Or, is that your nickname because you move like a ghost on the table? Clever. I got my name because I get flattened like a Pancake whenever I bet something. I am like an ATM to most players.
No need to send that address. I found you. Red Shoes right? If I make the trip, are we playing? Cheap - $50-200 a game... Consider this my Waffle House special just for you.

ah pancake. nice. don't take no gruff from that old fart :eek::D

I guess my definition of "cheap" is different than others...:eek:

:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Pancake my man, I already answered that question in my first post in this thread...here, let me excerpt it for you ------>

"you know who I am, but I don't know who you are - who knows, maybe you/'Mr. Pancake' are actually Joey Gray for example..:eek:.....but you know what..I'm a gambler, so without even knowing or caring who you are - here in writing, I accept your challenge to play, even up, for that $200 a game (or $300 a game would be fine too), with just one little, tiny, very reasonable condition - to make it a fair, even playing field -----> That condition being, that you're the same age as me - or older is ok = I'm a gimpy, squinty-eyed, big-glasses-wearin', always-forgetting-which-pocket-is-mine, 65 yrs. old..:( "

So Pancake, with that totally reasonable and fair condition, you tell me - do you qualify for us to play? - I sure hope so...:heh

- Ghost

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
ah pancake. nice. don't take no gruff from that old fart :eek: :D

You maam, don't have to by my age to get a whipping from this "old fart"...jes pack up a stack of benjamins and get your no-playin', fancy cue buyin', keyboard cowboy ass up here...:heh

- Ghost

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
You maam, don't have to by my age to get a whipping from this "old fart"...jes pack up a stack of benjamins and get your no-playin', fancy cue buyin', keyboard cowboy ass up here...:heh

- Ghost

I-55 travels both ways killer...;)
I'll be in Chicago in May.
10-6 sound about right?
:D

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Friendly Ghost

Friendly Ghost

Yeah, we know...just a little ribbing among friends......I'll be expecting the "Friendly Ghost" to be a lot more friendly to me on the table next month when I'm in chicago.......maybe play one handed and without the glasses?

Pancake

Pancake my man, I already answered that question in my first post in this thread...here, let me excerpt it for you ------>

"you know who I am, but I don't know who you are - who knows, maybe you/'Mr. Pancake' are actually Joey Gray for example..:eek:.....but you know what..I'm a gambler, so without even knowing or caring who you are - here in writing, I accept your challenge to play, even up, for that $200 a game (or $300 a game would be fine too), with just one little, tiny, very reasonable condition - to make it a fair, even playing field -----> That condition being, that you're the same age as me - or older is ok = I'm a gimpy, squinty-eyed, big-glasses-wearin', always-forgetting-which-pocket-is-mine, 65 yrs. old..:( "

So Pancake, with that totally reasonable and fair condition, you tell me - do you qualify for us to play? - I sure hope so...:heh

- Ghost

So... No??:rolleyes:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
So... No?? :confused:

I know you can read and comprehend..I don't know why you keep pretending that you can't..:rolleyes:...but ok, I'll spell it out one last time for you ----->

If like me, you're 65 yrs. old or older - come on up, we have a bet....but if you're younger than that, you come on up and take lessons from me - I will make you a better player, and you will be amazed at my One Pocket knowledge...:heh

Your friend, Gh:)st

Last edited:

Pancake

I know you can read and comprehend..I don't know why you keep pretending that you can't..:rolleyes:...but ok, I'll spell it out one last time for you ----->

If like me, you're 65 yrs. old or older - come on up, we have a bet....but if you're younger than that, you come on up and take lessons from me - I will make you a better player, and you will be amazed at my One Pocket knowledge...:heh

Your friend, Gh:)st

I am 41. So... No???;)
I just wanna play with the legend. The GHOST. Scared?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think it only fair that if you want to challenge the Ghost -- or anyone here -- they should have the opportunity to know who you are. Not many people except champions can accept a challenge from a blind draw, when the blind draw could indeed turn out to be a champion :D:D

Being anonymous on here is over-rated lol

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Pancake

Pancake

I am ten years older than the Ghost. I will play some $100 a game if you ever get to Northern CA.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I think it only fair that if you want to challenge the Ghost -- or anyone here -- they should have the opportunity to know who you are. Not many people except champions can accept a challenge from a blind draw, when the blind draw could indeed turn out to be a champion :D

Being anonymous on here is over-rated lol

Don't worry Steve, the Ghost can take care of himself - don't forget, the wily Ghost moves like a ghost on and off the pool table - I'm just havin' fun messin' with Pancake - truth is...

I've known who he is all along - I knew who he was 3-5 years ago..:eek:..as a matter of fact, he's listed in the Ghost's player-speeds-notebook.:eek:.with the notation of how I need to play him of course..:eek:..he's in the southwest section (oh yeah, I forgot, I was supposed to switch him over to the midwest section quite awhile ago ;)) ...the only thing I don't know is whether it was Bernie, Lenny, or SJD that sent him after me..:eek:..:lol..:p

- Ghost

PS, And don't worry Pancake, I won't say who you are and kill any of your action :)

PPS, And all kidding aside, respect to you from the Ghost..you're a strong player - all games...that said, come on up here sometime - I checked in my notebook again - it says the fair game between us, is you giving the failing-vision, over-the-hill old Ghost, 9-7 10-7...:heh

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I am ten years older than the Ghost. I will play some $100 a game if you ever get to Northern CA.

Hey John, I'll bet another $100 on Pancake if you guys ever play...:D...unless of course, your post was really just to help him lay the spread down at me..:eek:...:lol