If you HAD to bet on a player who was down 7-0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If you HAD to bet on a player who was down 7-0 in a game, or with opponent on the hill for a match against zero, whom would you choose?
lsjohn posted this
good example of who you think has killer instinct (imho )
SO
who would you bet on??
me i think the old timers who played on their own cash would come first
ie lassiter/shorty/taylor for example
guys like cooney who have been mentioned i dont know
since they were known to be "undercover" so played weak action (on purpose)
modern guys
alex
shane
danny smith (just proved it beating tony TWICE)
still i like tony in that situation (you learn alot on vacation...;)..)
midlle age guys
efren
shannon
grady
and of course
dr. bill
your thoughts of
uj puckett
danny diliberto

beatle

Verified Member
if the balls are in tough spots the best mover.

if they are shoot-able the best shooter.

generally the best shooter as making many in a row is better than one at a time.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
If you HAD to bet on a player who was down 7-0 in a game, or with opponent on the hill for a match against zero, whom would you choose?
lsjohn posted this
good example of who you think has killer instinct (imho )
SO
who would you bet on??
me i think the old timers who played on their own cash would come first
ie lassiter/shorty/taylor for example
guys like cooney who have been mentioned i dont know
since they were known to be "undercover" so played weak action (on purpose)
modern guys
alex
shane
danny smith (just proved it beating tony TWICE)
still i like tony in that situation (you learn alot on vacation...;)..)
midlle age guys
efren
shannon
grady
and of course
dr. bill
your thoughts of
uj puckett
danny diliberto

I just did it Larry, but I was giving the guy 9 - 7 and he needed one with his game ball half way hanging in his hole. I still needed 9 and all I had to shoot at was a combo cross corner bank, which I made. I finished up with a four rail bank off the foot rail and a kick out of the ball he had hanging. Drilled the four railer and got perfect on the cheese ball. It don't get any better than that!

I've been practicing lately. I hope I'm not peeking too early! :D

Tom

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I just did it Larry, but I was giving the guy 9 - 7 and he needed one with his game ball half way hanging in his hole. I still needed 9 and all I had to shoot at was a combo cross corner bank, which I made. I finished up with a four rail bank off the foot rail and a kick out of the ball he had hanging. Drilled the four railer and got perfect on the cheese ball. It don't get any better than that!

I've been practicing lately. I hope I'm not peeking too early! :D

Tom
great shooting tom.....:)
p.s. you might be killing your action.....:lol

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
It's okay Larry. I don't chase action the anymore. If it comes my way, fine. I'm just interested in keeping busy with a little friendly action in the range of $20 to $100 anyway.

Tom

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
My pick for player with the most Killer Instinct is Nick Varner with Jim Rempe coming in second. I have played Varner a lot of one pocket and there's simply no quit in his game, many times I needed only one ball to his seven and eight and lost. He's the guy who made the "Wedge" famous, I know i'm the guy who labeled it. :(

Dr. Bill

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
My pick for player with the most Killer Instinct is Nick Varner with Jim Rempe coming in second. I have played Varner a lot of one pocket and there's simply no quit in his game, many times I needed only one ball to his seven and eight and lost. He's the guy who made the "Wedge" famous, I know i'm the guy who labeled it. :(

Dr. Bill

Ditto.....................

baby huey

Verified Member
Actually I would take Cliff Joyner hands down and the comeback king in these type of games. He has more shots in his repertoire than most great players and he has no quit in his game.

frmn

Verified Member
During the early rounds of the February 1998 Belle of Baton Rouge onepocktet tournament J R Gay played Warren "the Monk" Costanza in a match that began at 11 pm. J R was down 3-0 in a race to 4 and 7-? minus (don't remember how many he owed). At 7 am after 8 hours the match was over and J R had clawed his way back to a victory. That gets my vote for tenacity. J R was one tough opponent.