Unintended consequences of playing 1P

brexit

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, GA
Thought I'd create a fun thread to learn about good, bad and indifferent things that can happen as a result of being a 1P fanatic.

I'll start with: everyone in the house being woken up too early by the sound of two pennies rattling around in the dryer that my wife starts as she leaves for work in the morning. Everytime that sound echos throughout the house, I curse myself for fogetting to remember to empty my pockets before putting my pants in the laundry basket.

Who's got a story about how 1P indirectly impacted their life somehow?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I don't know if this fits here exactly or not, but I always get a real big kick out of when I am out at a poolroom and someone has a rule question, not realizing that I am the onepocket.org owner/administrator, and they want to go online to verify what the official rule is :D:D

Of course they come to onepocket.org, and I literally had a hand in writing them.

Don't worry, I never rub it in -- I like to keep it very low key -- but it sure is a lot of fun. :):)

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Alright, tell me if this ever happened to anyone. You're playing pool and your hands have a lot of blue chalk on them. You go and take a leak and some of that blue chalk gets on your nice clean white underpants. It happens. A few days later you wife is screaming at you because she found blue eye shadow on your undies and is accusing you of fooling around!!!!! Even when you're good you take some heat. Keith

brexit

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, GA
That's hilarious!

Would live to have been a fly on the wall as you tried to talk your way out of that one!

Alright, tell me if this ever happened to anyone. You're playing pool and your hands have a lot of blue chalk on them. You go and take a leak and some of that blue chalk gets on your nice clean white underpants. It happens. A few days later you wife is screaming at you because she found blue eye shadow on your undies and is accusing you of fooling around!!!!! Even when you're good you take some heat. Keith

brexit

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, GA
You're a better man than me, Steve.
I'd have a hard time keeping that to myself in that situation.

Something like "Don't you know WHO I am?" springs to mond!

I don't know if this fits here exactly or not, but I always get a real big kick out of when I am out at a poolroom and someone has a rule question, not realizing that I am the onepocket.org owner/administrator, and they want to go online to verify what the official rule is :D:D

Of course they come to onepocket.org, and I literally had a hand in writing them.

Don't worry, I never rub it in -- I like to keep it very low key -- but it sure is a lot of fun. :):)

Billy Jackets

Verified Member

Even when I show them the rule , they argue it's the wrong rule lol.

chicagomike

Verified Member
When you can't find a napkin fast enough to draw out that fantastic shot you made.

unoperro

Verified Member
I love it when a couple of ball bangers are watching and tell each other" those two guys can't make a ball.---Smitty

I have told it before: A friend was practicing ball "extractions" and a stranger watching him thought he had a real fish:sorry about 400 later the stranger said" I watched you earlier,you couldn't make a ball":rolleyes:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I have told it before: A friend was practicing ball "extractions" and a stranger watching him thought he had a real fish:sorry about 400 later the stranger said" I watched you earlier,you couldn't make a ball":rolleyes:

:heh:heh:heh:heh
good one

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
In about '97 Parica looked like he was at the top of his game. We were sitting along a raised bar with some other guys seated a level below us. About 10 minutes goes by, and we hear a guy in front of us say to his buddy, just above a whisper, "Damn, that f*c*in' little Mexican can PLAY!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
My friend Pat and I were getting ready to watch a match between Buddy Hall and Tommy Kennedy, early 90s I think. Somebody asks anyone interested, "Who wants some action on this?" A guy says, "I like Tommy" and the first guy says "I need a game on the wire." Second guy says, "Hell, no, even-Steven." First guy, "OK, you got it, how much." Second guy: "Snicker Bar, asshole, I look stupid to you?"

baby huey

Verified Member
I always get a kick out of trying to explain the game of one pocket to someone who can barely understand the game of eight ball. I'm still trying to explain one pocket to my wife forty five years later.

JoeyM

Verified Member
From
Cartersville, GA
I was watching some local players in a 1 pocket match last weekend. Couple of guys were watching and one said these are the worst 8 ball players i've ever seen.

JoeyM