efren scott 39

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
One rail the striped ball by the side pocket. A little draw, a little rt spin, it’s fairly safe shot. Then you’ll have shape for the 3.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Bank the top stripe into the back side of the 12 pushing it over towards the 3 and the pocket, freeze the cb to the stripe below the spot...

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Man, I've got six balls! I will cross the 3 ball gently and leave the 3 and Jojo both on the short rail, lined up into my pocket, just 3 and 5/8 inches away. What can he do to hurt me? I'm pretty sure I will like my next shot better than this one.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I am just moving the 3 to my long rail and sending the CB over by his 12. Simple and easy to execute.

El Chapo

Verified Member
id would bank that stripe two rails off the three. sit there. then bank that other stripe on his side rail next.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Bank the top stripe into the back side of the 12 pushing it over towards the 3 and the pocket, freeze the cb to the stripe below the spot...
That's the first shot I noticed that Efren would shoot. It's very "Efren-esque"-- doing 3-4 things at once. And with his touch, that's a viable shot.

WWID? Ahead 6-2, I would likely 2-rail kick the 10 ball toward center table, allowing the CB to roll up toward his head corner pocket.

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I am just moving the 3 to my long rail and sending the CB over by his 12. Simple and easy to execute.

If we are searching for what Efren did, then I’d guess what I posted earlier...
However, if what Efren did means nothing, then I’d do this ^^^^^ and start an uptable game leading 6/2...no question if you put the cb behind the 12, he has little choice but to shoot a defensive shot, which will allow movement of another ball uptable in your next inning...

Kybanks

Verified Member
If we are searching for what Efren did, then I’d guess what I posted earlier...
However, if what Efren did means nothing, then I’d do this ^^^^^ and start an uptable game leading 6/2...no question if you put the cb behind the 12, he has little choice but to shoot a defensive shot, which will allow movement of another ball uptable in your next inning...

I can't do what Efren does! Lol. I really like this option because there is no risk involved.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

I can't do what Efren does! Lol. I really like this option because there is no risk involved.
jeff in general although its cool to guess what the pro did but these are really ww YOU do? sometimes its good to say an elite player might shoot this but this shot is more to my skill level.
no shame.
we all cant be efren or dennis or alex or tony etc.......:frus:sorry
in this case efren played the score which alot of times in the early days that was not always like him.
i was surprised that efren moved the 3 farther from his hole until i realized the power of the shot
here is what efren did and how he left if for scott
efren scott 39 wwyd shot.jpg

efren scott 39 wwyd result.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i will start another thread on what did scott do from here.
post your comments on efrens shot here

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Every player in the Derby bank tournament would have shot the bank on the striped ball.

Efren shot the most conservative shot available, which is ok.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Every player in the Derby bank tournament would have shot the bank on the striped ball.

Efren shot the most conservative shot available, which is ok.

this is from 2010.
maybe everyone one wasnt shooting at their hole all the time yet........:heh

El Chapo

Verified Member
i find it "ok" to play conservative with the lead too... until reality hits home and you end up say scratching a few shots down the line. then all the sudden the guy is right back in the game, and meanwhile you had a shot to pretty much win the game, and if you missed it you would not lose the game. but yes in this case not a bad shot at all what efren did, I was just making that point about the conservative approach of playing the score. that is the reason you see a lot of guys shooting in my estimation.