Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Verified Member

Smile

I had a great time meeting up with old friends and new friends. Larry Landsman was very enjoyable to talk with and a great guy. Met up with Nick "Jake" ,Mitch J.R. Dustin Bob Newkirk,Ben Smith who beat me like a drum,Jason,Chicago Fats,Darrel,The Polit and his wife, Bob Newkirk and his Beautiful wife ,what nice people.If I forgot to mention anyone I'm sorry but everyone was great .Also had fun playing NH John, met his brother, real nice guy.Mitch did a great job hosting everyone. Steve worked his butt off, also the lady keeping the charts was great too. J.R. and Ben played great, and so did the guys who made it into the money. The best player did win it.Dave you're a class act,You really held up under all the pressure. Your new name is SILK because you have a beautiful stroke and when it comes down to pressure your stroke held up.Congrats to all the Players for trying their best. Great Tournament Guys.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Verified Member

I forgot to mention Tall Paul my room mate, he was great whatever I said he went along with. Thanks Paul for being a great guy.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:34 AM
Verified Member

KyBill thanks for the hard work doing the stream. Your new name is Mr Action, you come to play and bet your own. Youíre the best, Take Care
Old 06-13-2019, 07:47 AM
Verified Member

Default The real Philly Tournament Update Thread

It was great to see you as always Fast Eddie!! Oh hey. I think I accidentally dropped 10 LARGE in your bag. Just sent it back when you get a minute. Buy yourself a hotdog first though.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:34 AM
Verified Member

Smile

Mitch it is in the MAIL.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:54 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
It was great to see you as always Fast Eddie!! Oh hey. I think I accidentally dropped 10 LARGE in your bag. Just sent it back when you get a minute. Buy yourself a hotdog first though.
Wait for it, wait for it
Old 06-13-2019, 09:59 AM
Verified Member

Default The real Philly Tournament Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoretallpaul View Post
Wait for it, wait for it

Paul it was a pleasure meeting you last weekend and good to see your posts. Stick around! Iíll try you some next tournament. Iím thinking I would take 10-8. But you got me.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:00 AM
Verified Member

Fatty Trip Report
We arrive in Philly with no bumps or bruises. When we get to Avis, JR booked a car in spot A12.... when we walk out there... there is no car. We have to wait about a half hour for resolution.

We went by the pool room but they weren't open yet. So I stopped at Four Points and dropped my bag. We went to the Nifty Fifty for some food. Bad time to start my diet because JR ordered a milkshake he couldnt finish. I poured the leftovers in my coffee.

BlueGrass Billiards was pretty awesome. I love the fact that it had plenty of parking and a large warehouse with plenty of square footage.
Oneholenut was in action when I arrived playing a sociable local I believe.
As we were there, Russian Kenny came in and started stirring the pot looking for action.

I played a local guy named Harry in 9 ball for 6 hours. We broke dead even. He is a nice unassuming fellow.

I didn get a chance to spar with Newkirk so I guess he had to pay for his own trip this time. His wife was very nice and very proud of her family.

I went to dinner with John Jeanne and Jason... we found a hole in the wall place for a philly. It was fun and good.

I stayed at the four points and roomed with 1holenut. I had to work a little on this trip but still got plenty of time at the tabkes.

I sparred a little with Marianni and he punished me most if the night. It was fun to see how his stamina holds up.

I played Steve's 6 pocket game and boy was that fun... what a change of pace.

I met Larry and he is super nice. We didnt get any matches in but he cheered me on in a couple and that was cool.

I had some beers with CoreyinDC and 1holenut to close thinght out.
I got to meet "Dr. Thread" a.k.a. bmoretallpaul. He is a very gentle giant with a killer one pocket game. I think we played 2 sessions and I didn't win a game or maybe one. He doesn't seem to have any flash(or didn't show it) but he is very smart and plays a great game.

Friday night me and Nick P closed the joint down.

Hardmix actually watched me a bit and pointed out some flaws in my stance and follow through it seemed to help immensely.

I played Dustin and hadn't gambled with him at prior events so not sure where his game was at. He banks dead center pocket like a sicko. I squeaked out a win there, but could have gone either way in the games.

I played Nick P in the tourney and this was right after my discussion with Hardmix. Lets just say the words of wisdom helped me get past Nick.

I go over to table 1 for my match with Mitch. Mitch was in action with baby ghost so I had to wait and started hitting some balls. My tip broke off my playing cue. This was a bad spot for me since I didn't have a backup shaft the same size. I was able to get one of the local guys to glue the tip back on but it was off a couple of millimeters. I was trying to turn my cue in my hand to be consistent with the side of the cue I was hitting with. It was a quick beating by Mitch.

The tip falling off probably made me play a little more conservative since I used mostly center ball the rest of trip. It was an eye opener.

I played robert newkirk and it was a hill hill thriller. I think I had to run 5 and out last game to win.

I played J.R. on table 2. This is 4 inch pockets and the slowest cloth in the joint. I am not sure why we didn't stay on table 3 but those were our 2 choices. Right before the match starts some local dude walks up and basically tells us this is the table of death and we shouldn't play here. So we decided to make an agreement to break to the same pocket. We played 3 games and they closed the place on us at 2am so we had to finish in the morning at 10am.

I got to watch baby ghost aka johnnytronic play 1holenut. It was a great match. 1holenut pulled it out.

I got to meet and play Darmoose. He plays pretty conservative like the Mexican guys at Chris from Chicago. He put me in quite a few tough spots. When he decides to shoot he is confident and usually makes it. I learned 2 shots from our match.

I played Nick from Canada and got redemption from the beating he put on me in Memphis. He caught a bad table roll and I was banking well.

J.R. always reminds me of Liam Neeson in the movie taken.
If you're looking for winning my money, I can tell you I don't have money for you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long one pocket career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you Fatty. If you take that flyer now, that will be the end of it.

J.R. dusted me off and I was excited to get to do some commentary. Unfortunately Kentucky was having microphone issues. Ben mopped up J.R. and I sat and watched.

Then I got to watch Ben and Dave play. It was a fun match with some high powered offense. Dave played a couple of 3C shots that I hope to stick in my memory banks.

Jeanne ran a great tourney and seemed overwhelmed with joy at the end. Oneholenut took me to the airport and I was off to find other action.

The counter guys were good to us and I had my fair share of spicy sausage from the kitchen.

Overall I went deeper than expected and had a great time!

Thanks for organizing Mitch!
Attached Images

Last edited by ChicagoFats; 06-13-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:29 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFats View Post
Fatty Trip Report

J.R. always reminds me of Liam Neeson in the movie taken.
If you're looking for winning my money, I can tell you I don't have money for you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long one pocket career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you Fatty. If you take that flyer now, that will be the end of it.
Great write up, Dan. I'm glad we finally had a chance to meet.

But I must say, the above quote made me laugh, thanks. You a funny man!
Dave

Also funny was J.R. still not reading the giant red book. LOL
Old 06-14-2019, 05:52 AM
Verified Member

Originally Posted by ChicagoFats
Fatty Trip Report

J.R. always reminds me of Liam Neeson in the movie, "Taken."

"If you're looking for winning my money, I can tell you I don't have money for you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long one pocket career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you Fatty. If you take that flyer now, that will be the end of it."

"ChicagoFats, I know who you are. If you stop telling about my big red book and my very particular set of one pocket skills, that will be the end of it. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will break your cue stick."