Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2019, 10:22 AM
Verified Member

Default Bluegrass follow up

I wanted to let everybody know the feedback that I got from the room owners and the regulars. To a man it was fantastic. Dominic, Joey, and Armen (the owners) are thrilled that they agreed to host our tournament. They all commented what a fantastic bunch of members we have and more than a few have expressed interest in joining our group via the site. One guy who is a hard core gambler said to me yesterday “They were all such good guys. It’s the first time I can remember actually rooting for the out of towners who came to a room I was in”. Several commented on how solid everybody played and on “our” overall love for the game. I am not exaggerating when I say our regulars are not guys to hand out compliments easily lol and they loved that we had our tournament there and are already looking forward to the next one. I let them know that maybe eventually we will settle on some type of geographic rotation and I’m sure we will be back in 4-5 years lol. So, as much as I am so happy that our group liked and had a good time at my local room, I am also very proud to be a member of this group, who can show up anywhere and make such a fine impression. Thanks a ton for that.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:27 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
I wanted to let everybody know the feedback that I got from the room owners and the regulars. To a man it was fantastic. Dominic, Joey, and Armen (the owners) are thrilled that they agreed to host our tournament. They all commented what a fantastic bunch of members we have and more than a few have expressed interest in joining our group via the site. One guy who is a hard core gambler said to me yesterday “They were all such good guys. It’s the first time I can remember actually rooting for the out of towners who came to a room I was in”. Several commented on how solid everybody played and on “our” overall love for the game. I am not exaggerating when I say our regulars are not guys to hand out compliments easily lol and they loved that we had our tournament there and are already looking forward to the next one. I let them know that maybe eventually we will settle on some type of geographic rotation and I’m sure we will be back in 4-5 years lol. So, as much as I am so happy that our group liked and had a good time at my local room, I am also very proud to be a member of this group, who can show up anywhere and make such a fine impression. Thanks a ton for that.
Steve made a good point that we need to put up posters in the room a few months ahead of time. It would be cool to get local players to join and become active before we arrive.

The room was great. I like the layout and may open up a room similar near me.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:49 PM
Verified Member

We just missed the Cocaine shipment that was supposed to arrive during the tournament. And the shootings too!
Old 06-20-2019, 03:02 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
We just missed the Cocaine shipment that was supposed to arrive during the tournament. And the shootings too!

Actually the cocaine arrived but it was decided that we couldn’t tell you for fear of running out. 🤪
Old 06-20-2019, 04:35 PM
Verified Member

Very cool, Mitch. Thanks for posting this.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:59 PM
Verified Member

I had a very nice time there. The room owners were great. The food was very good. Plenty of room to move around. Look forward to the next time
Old 06-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Verified Member

great report mitch
as i said before
dominic in particular was great to me and the locals treated me like a local after your introductions (thank you )
i had a great time and it was a great venue

as for the intersection of grant ave and Roosevelt bld
fuhgetaboutit......
too bad i learned about the short cut from the hotel after my accident...
Old 06-20-2019, 11:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Actually the cocaine arrived but it was decided that we couldn’t tell you for fear of running out. 🤪
You’re not being nice.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:38 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
You’re not being nice.

Just playing of course!

Tell you what.. first breakfast on me in Memphis! (I may actually get there!!) But you have to have my new favorite Biscuits and Gravy!!
Old 06-21-2019, 10:24 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Just playing of course!

Tell you what.. first breakfast on me in Memphis! (I may actually get there!!) But you have to have my new favorite Biscuits and Gravy!!
No more long trips for me. I got home and was completely exhausted.