Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-07-2019, 06:44 AM
lll lll is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 14,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Back cut the 9 one rail, too the head rail, into the 3/7. Lots of left spin, cue ball Z three rails, ends up close to Hohmanns side rail a half diamond from the head rail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Iím takin off with the pilot on this one.
with the new views
i am on that flight too
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-07-2019, 08:40 AM
cincy_kid's Avatar
cincy_kid cincy_kid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 4,082
Default

I like kicking into the stack as well to push those balls towards my hole, I may make one and hope to get the CB up table some place
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-07-2019, 08:50 AM
Island Drive's Avatar
Island Drive Island Drive is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: florence, colorado
Posts: 3,506
Default

The 9 being where it is after the shot offers allot of protection for your table side. Once up table with the 9 ''still there'', your opponent has very limited access to drive balls towards his pocket. Also there appears the possibility of the high speed back and forth Z cue ball contacting the 9 . Be nice to have a camera shot from the pocket towards the 9, to actually see the layout. Once the 9 is moved, incoming player has a much better chance of getting back safely to the foot rail. What would the crabster do?
__________________
Bill Meacham
WBT
www.worldbilliardtour.com
no link....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-07-2019, 06:47 PM
catkins's Avatar
catkins catkins is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: oakland california
Posts: 398
Default

if it is available I would like to just cost of the 12 hard enough to bank it so both balls have clear pocket and going between stack and the 9 to end up on the brunswick
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Nick B's Avatar
Nick B Nick B is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 493
Default Defend the backdoor kick

Thin the six. This pushes the 2 out a little and maybe useful if I get in the balls. Up top near the pocket is my target and no matter what I do I will not let him see the red zone for an easy backdoor safety. Even at the risk of no rail.
The rest of the balls I don't want to touch because the favor me as blockers or scoring balls.

Taking an intentional foul behind the stack is useless. Like mentioned by others he simply kicks back two or three rails and you are on the first foul.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Regards,

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos
Location: Vancouver BC
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-08-2019, 12:08 AM
youngstownkid's Avatar
youngstownkid youngstownkid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,391
Default 2014 MIH - Hohmann v SVB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
Thin the six. This pushes the 2 out a little and maybe useful if I get in the balls. Up top near the pocket is my target and no matter what I do I will not let him see the red zone for an easy backdoor safety. Even at the risk of no rail.

The rest of the balls I don't want to touch because the favor me as blockers or scoring balls.



Taking an intentional foul behind the stack is useless. Like mentioned by others he simply kicks back two or three rails and you are on the first foul.


I like it. Pop the 2 out just enough to have a bank on it so he canít just kick off bottom rail under control. Nice look.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-08-2019, 02:31 AM
Tobermory Tobermory is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Berkeley, CA 94708
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
Thin the six. This pushes the 2 out a little and maybe useful if I get in the balls. Up top near the pocket is my target and no matter what I do I will not let him see the red zone for an easy backdoor safety. Even at the risk of no rail.
The rest of the balls I don't want to touch because the favor me as blockers or scoring balls.

Taking an intentional foul behind the stack is useless. Like mentioned by others he simply kicks back two or three rails and you are on the first foul.
This is an excellent choice. Simple to execute and potentially devastating.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-08-2019, 08:44 AM
gulfportdoc's Avatar
gulfportdoc gulfportdoc is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gulfport, Mississippi
Posts: 9,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
The 9 being where it is after the shot offers allot of protection for your table side. Once up table with the 9 ''still there'', your opponent has very limited access to drive balls towards his pocket. Also there appears the possibility of the high speed back and forth Z cue ball contacting the 9 . Be nice to have a camera shot from the pocket towards the 9, to actually see the layout. Once the 9 is moved, incoming player has a much better chance of getting back safely to the foot rail. What would the crabster do?
Those are my thoughts too, Bill. I look at the 9 as a "guard ball". So I'd likely thin off the 6, and take whitey uptable, similar to what Nick suggested. As it is, the opponent has nothing open, so I wouldn't want to help him out by kicking into the stack.

~Doc
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-08-2019, 09:10 AM
unoperro's Avatar
unoperro unoperro is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,345
Default

You roll that 2 out he comes back off the 2 and leaves you back where you were.

Only diff is now he has that 2 ball on his side.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-08-2019, 11:54 AM
jtompilot jtompilot is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoperro View Post
You roll that 2 out he comes back off the 2 and leaves you back where you were.

Only diff is now he has that 2 ball on his side.
Good simple response
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.