Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Verified Member

Default Hardmix at Hard Times

Ben was in town for business and we agreed to get together and play some cheap one pocket. A good thing it was cheap, he totally outshot and outmoved me. I was simply outclassed. We adjusted and I made a little rush, but he turned it up a notch and ended up winning a few games.

He was kind enough to try a little three cushion and I got a little of my $$ back.

This was the first time I got to see Benís game and it is impressive. It is always fun to have new players stop by, and even though it cost me a couple bucks, I had a great time and look forward to his next trip, or any of our onepocket.org members who stop by to play some.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy View Post
Ben was in town for business and we agreed to get together and play some cheap one pocket. A good thing it was cheap, he totally outshot and outmoved me. I was simply outclassed. We adjusted and I made a little rush, but he turned it up a notch and ended up winning a few games.

He was kind enough to try a little three cushion and I got a little of my $$ back.

This was the first time I got to see Ben’s game and it is impressive. It is always fun to have new players stop by, and even though it cost me a couple bucks, I had a great time and look forward to his next trip, or any of our onepocket.org members who stop by to play some.
Join the crowd Hendy

Ben indeed has a mean game of one hole. One of the best I have played in our group and I guess his 15th place finish in the derby this year also adds to it's proof. I enjoy playing him because it can only make my game improve even if it costs me a few bucks along the way!

Glad you had a good time!
Old 08-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Verified Member

John, just talked moments ago with Brunstetter. He's moved back to S. Cal. as of last month.
no link....
Old 08-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Verified Member

John is being very kind. The games were pretty close given neither of us brought our A games.

I have heard for years what a great person John Henderson is. This is my first opportunity to spend time with John one on one and I can tell you he is gentleman in every way. It was also very clear to me that he was one hell of a player in his time. He still moves very well but by his own admission the pocketing skills come and go.....just like the rest of us amateurs.

John was kind enough to play several games of 3c with me. He also lightened my wallet a bit as well. What a great game, I wish there were more tables In Atlanta.

Thanks again for the hospitality Mr Henderson and I look forward to our next meeting.

Ben

Ps for those of you that have not had the opportunity to play at Hard Times in Sacramento you should definitely make plans to play there if you are in the area.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardmix View Post
John is being very kind. The games were pretty close given neither of us brought our A games.

I have heard for years what a great person John Henderson is. This is my first opportunity to spend time with John one on one and I can tell you he is gentleman in every way. It was also very clear to me that he was one hell of a player in his time. He still moves very well but by his own admission the pocketing skills come and go.....just like the rest of us amateurs.

John was kind enough to play several games of 3c with me. He also lightened my wallet a bit as well. What a great game, I wish there were more tables In Atlanta.

Thanks again for the hospitality Mr Henderson and I look forward to our next meeting.

Ben

Ps for those of you that have not had the opportunity to play at Hard Times in Sacramento you should definitely make plans to play there if you are in the area.
Hi Ben,

Yes, John is the best. So glad you were able to play together for a long period of time. And yes, Hard Times Sac tournament room is awesome, but I have not been there since they added the 3C tables.

Dave
Old 08-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Verified Member

Nice report John...itís great that guys from the forum can travel and find a game with other members!
Old 08-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
Nice report John...itís great that guys from the forum can travel and find a game with other members!
What Iíd like to watch is you and Ben play. Two of our top members playing at top speed
Old 08-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
What Iíd like to watch is you and Ben play. Two of our top members playing at top speed
That would be a great match indeed!
Old 08-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Verified Member

Someone make a game and lets see these guys play. Ill be in N Ca. soon and might have a few of my disability checks with me.