Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Classified
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2019, 06:40 PM
Verified Member

Default 1906 Alexandria for sale!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Bru...MAAOSwfDpc8BZa

Since there was quite a to do about Alexandria Brunswick Pool Tables, and rightfully so for they are drop dead gorgous, I thought it would be prudent to make it aware that this table is for sale. It is in the Sacramento area, of which we probably have members that can go check it out. I believe it states OBO. Whitey

Note: I made a correction; I had it listed in the wrong city, but corrected it as being in the Sacramento, Ca. vicinity, and added some more editing info.

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 07-29-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:25 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Bru...MAAOSwfDpc8BZa

Since there was quite a to do about Alexandria Brunswick Pool Tables, and rightfully so for they are drop dead gorgous, I thought it would be prudent to made it aware that this table is for sale. It is in the San Bernardino County, CA. of which we probably have members that can go check it out. I believe it states OBO. Whitey
That table has been listed for a while. It’s a drop dead beautiful table if it’s truly in the condition it looks in the pic.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:50 PM
Verified Member

In viewing the pictures I can see some patina. My table has a ton of this, cigarette burns on the rails, and legs scuffed up.

The Slate is stated as being 1-1/2" thick, of which is a special order from the factory. to enable viewing the slate it is probably constructed as my Brunswick is, in that there is a wooden border of 4-6" wide on each piece of slate, therefore one can simply view the slate 80 - 90% from underneath.

I had my table professionally moved and the idiots dropped a piece of slate on a corner and it splintered up, this of course can not be detected from underneath, but one could get a pretty good idea when playing on it.

I corrected the location of the table, and it is in the Sacramento, Ca. vicinity. Whitey
Old 07-30-2019, 08:24 AM
Verified Member

I love that table way more than an Anniversary or Centennial
Old 07-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Verified Member

Pilot, it does have a strikingly ruggedness, solidness, bold appearance about it, that is truly enhanced with 6 leg styling. Combining this with an absolute stunning beautiful veneer, it really is bold/elegance personified!
Whitey
Old 07-31-2019, 09:52 AM
Verified Member

I like that this seller seems to be in touch with todays pool table preferences for quality play. It is stated that the table is fitted with Artemis cushions, plus pockets are reduced 1/2". The pocket points appear nicely done and are sharp, very important IMO for executing some of the OP banks coming off of the point. In playing in the Cal. Billiards MOT those gold crowns I believe had Artemis cushions, and I like how they played.
I believe one can get on special order a new Pro Diamond 9' set up with Artemis cushions $10,000 plus. Whitey
Old 07-31-2019, 10:03 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
I like that this seller seems to be in touch with todays pool table preferences for quality play. It is stated that the table is fitted with Artemis cushions, plus pockets are reduced 1/2". The pocket points appear nicely done and are sharp, very important IMO for executing some of the OP banks coming off of the point. In playing in the Cal. Billiards MOT those gold crowns I believe had Artemis cushions, and I like how they played.
I believe one can get on special order a new Pro Diamond 9' set up with Artemis cushions $10,000 plus. Whitey
9’ Diamonds come with Artemis cushions. There’s an option for tight pockets. I think the going price is $7,000
Old 07-31-2019, 05:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
9’ Diamonds come with Artemis cushions. There’s an option for tight pockets. I think the going price is $7,000
I'll double check that and get a verification, for I am then way off in my thinking! thanks!
Old 07-31-2019, 05:40 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
I'll double check that and get a verification, for I am then way off in my thinking! thanks!
There are three used ones for sale in Huntsville for $5000 each. Not sure if that includes the light.
Looks like Good Timez removed 5 or 6 tables. I was there Monday and they only had two or three 9’ tables left. I went to Bumpers and practiced for a while
Old 07-31-2019, 06:08 PM
Verified Member

Pilot, I went onto Diamond's web site, and only the home use Paragon table offers Artemis cushions. It only states K55 cushions are used on their commercial tables from their 7' Smart Table on up through their Professional Model and their Pro Am model. I believe to get one of these models with Artemis cushions it then has to be a special order. I will try to confirm, for in picking up one of these tables it is sure good to know what cushions are on it.

I know from another thread you were considering getting a Diamond. Whitey