wie pratice for computer dummies

David

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
the computer gods hate me.

the computer gods hate me.

I click on the red url button and the botton of the table and then I click on the paste button on the top of my computer screen under page (windows 7) Mucho help would be appreciated. My table never shows up just a link?

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
It looks like you have hit the Copy URL from the WEI table to get a link.

Now to post that into a post, you have to put that link between some special brackets. In order to get the special brackets, you have to hit the cueball with a pencil thru it. When you are composing the post, if you look a little up from the smiles and to the left a little bit, you will see the cueball with the pencil going thru it icon, right next to the icon that looks like a piece of paper with PHP letters on it.

you click on the pencil /cueball icon and then right click and Paste the URL right between the 2 sets of brackets. If you don't put them right between the brackets, it won't work. What I like to tell people is, so they don't mess that up, is to click the icon with the pencil/cueball in it and as soon as they click it, they lift their hand away from their mouse. Then hold down your CTRL button on your keyboard and while holding it down, hit the letter v on your keyboard.... BOOM.. it pasted it in, right between the brackets.

cuetable.jpg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
David said:
http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AbbL1PbEa@ Just practicing using the WEI table so I thought I would see if the table would show up this time. Shooting the one with extreme outside english has anyone ever shot this in a game?

David,

That would be my prefered shot in that situation...however, I would not be trying to make it...that would require turning the cue ball wild...and praying you don't scractch, or sell out...its very playable from about 6" back towards the cue ball...but still quite risky.

It is much safer to just tick it over to the middle of the bottom rail, and put whitey on the opposite end rail...you may get a very playable return shot out of that.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AbSF1Pbdc2QFEh4UbSF4UAOl3UAOm1kbdc4kYur4kQfl2kapP2kGKU@

(Greg...I had no little pencil icon to click on...'sup wi' dat ???)
PS I tried your way NFS, and I lost my balls...:eek:...stupid %^$#&$@$% WEI table...I hate 'em.

Last edited:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Cali, you are gonna makeme do it the easy way!
I still do it the way I figured it out -

put "["C.U.E.T.A.B.L.E"]" before the lnk to the table, and "["/"C.U.E.T.A.B.L.E]"
After it.

Leave out the quotaton marks and periods, if a table doesnt display right the first thing I check is that code.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
It looks like you have hit the Copy URL from the WEI table to get a link.

Now to post that into a post, you have to put that link between some special brackets. In order to get the special brackets, you have to hit the cueball with a pencil thru it. When you are composing the post, if you look a little up from the smiles and to the left a little bit, you will see the cueball with the pencil going thru it icon, right next to the icon that looks like a piece of paper with PHP letters on it.

you click on the pencil /cueball icon and then right click and Paste the URL right between the 2 sets of brackets. If you don't put them right between the brackets, it won't work. What I like to tell people is, so they don't mess that up, is to click the icon with the pencil/cueball in it and as soon as they click it, they lift their hand away from their mouse. Then hold down your CTRL button on your keyboard and while holding it down, hit the letter v on your keyboard.... BOOM.. it pasted it in, right between the brackets.

View attachment 749
A GORGEOUS POST:) guys i hope you appreciate calired saved you a weeks worth of time with this one

David

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
WEI table try # 1324234235569303

WEI table try # 1324234235569303

[CUETABLEhttp://CueTable.com/P/?@3IByK2JNUf2PTUw4Qcxv@][/CUETABLE] One more try at the WEI table. I just finished watching Corey and Shannon on Accu-Stats crazy match if you have never seen it. It is Corey's shot to pocket A. What does he shoot? He needs both balls.

David

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mother @#&^$@*. What the #&*($*(&#. Why is my table so big??? I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the ball. [CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3IByK2JNUf2PTUw4Qcxv@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
David said:
[CUETABLEhttp://CueTable.com/P/?@3IByK2JNUf2PTUw4Qcxv@][/CUETABLE] One more try at the WEI table. I just finished watching Corey and Shannon on Accu-Stats crazy match if you have never seen it. It is Corey's shot to pocket A. What does he shoot? He needs both balls.
david coreys break has been discussed many times . the concensus was he was CRAZY. BUT it was effective. he doesnt break like that anymore if that heals in deterring your desire to try it.
p.s. claire or clare also surprised me with her come from behind sneak attack on you.
( in a prior post since geographically we are close i threw out an interest in meeting you. which you ignored telling me your interest. however i have NO interest now.)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
David said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3IByK2JNUf2PTUw4Qcxv@[/CUETABLE] One more try at the WEI table. I just finished watching Corey and Shannon on Accu-Stats crazy match if you have never seen it. It is Corey's shot to pocket A. What does he shoot? He needs both balls.
I fixed the url location between your brackets... the wei takes good aim, too :)

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
David said:
[CUETABLEhttp://CueTable.com/P/?@3IByK2JNUf2PTUw4Qcxv@][/cuetable] One more try at the WEI table. I just finished watching Corey and Shannon on Accu-Stats crazy match if you have never seen it. It is Corey's shot to pocket A. What does he shoot? He needs both balls.

just in case anyone wonders why their table doesn't post and they get all the gibberish. It's because you didn't post the link RIGHT BETWEEEN the brackets.

You can see above, that it starts out good.. you got the [cuetable but it's followed by the http and the rest of the link and then at the end of the link is a @ symbol and there is the missing ]

you have to have the [] encase the cuetable at the beginning and then you will see a [/cuetable] at the end. In the middle of it all, is the link

so in the above example he posted the link after [cuetable

instead of after [cuetable]

John Biddle

Verified Member
Wei Table Posting Help

Wei Table Posting Help

David, Maybe your problem is the small size of the type on your screen. That can make it difficult to see if the cursor is in the right place, especially when trying to put a vertical cursor between two characters that look like vertical lines!

You might try to zoom in when you do this. If you use Internet Explorer, there's a button in the lower right corner with a magnifying glass on it, and a percentage, typically 100%. On the right side of this button is a small downward pointing triangle, looks like a dot. If you click that you can choose your magnification level. After you make your cuetable insertion, you can change back, if you want to. :)

If you use another browser, they all have this capability. Most will respond to CTRL+ (hold down the control key while pressing the + key on the numeric key pad) to zoom in and CTRL- to zoom out.

Hope this helps.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
John Biddle said:
David, Maybe your problem is the small size of the type on your screen. That can make it difficult to see if the cursor is in the right place, especially when trying to put a vertical cursor between two characters that look like vertical lines!

You might try to zoom in when you do this. If you use Internet Explorer, there's a button in the lower right corner with a magnifying glass on it, and a percentage, typically 100%. On the right side of this button is a small downward pointing triangle, looks like a dot. If you click that you can choose your magnification level. After you make your cuetable insertion, you can change back, if you want to. :)

If you use another browser, they all have this capability. Most will respond to CTRL+ (hold down the control key while pressing the + key on the numeric key pad) to zoom in and CTRL- to zoom out.

Hope this helps.
Hey -- by the sounds of this, we have another computer savvy onepocket.org member -- this is good!