Eta

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I arrive on the 19th. which is a Thursday what's everyone's eta?

Just like to know what games I have with whomever, and approximately what day/days should we play?

So far I have two games (tenative)one with Billy Stroud and the other with The Ghost and John against me and Freddie. I would like to play early in the tournament, say Friday or Saturday, before things get too crazy with being able to get a table, plus conflicting tournament matches holding us up.

Maybe we all can check in and devise a plan on when and how much we're going to play for.

I'm good for early in the tournament while the bank pool is being played, I believe that's our best chance of playing. What do you guys think? The amount can remain unknown, but lets play for enough to keep our blood moving.;)

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I arrive on the 19th. which is a Thursday what's everyone's eta?

Just like to know what games I have with whomever, and approximately what day/days should we play?

So far I have two games (tenative)one with Billy Stroud and the other with The Ghost and John against me and Freddie. I would like to play early in the tournament, say Friday or Saturday, before things get too crazy with being able to get a table, plus conflicting tournament matches holding us up.

Maybe we all can check in and devise a plan on when and how much we're going to play for.

I'm good for early in the tournament while the bank pool is being played, I believe that's our best chance of playing. What do you guys think? The amount can remain unknown, but lets play for enough to keep our blood moving.;)

Billy I.

Doctor Bill...I have advised my homey, to keep the bet somewhat reasonable, so as not to get his partner (Ghoatsy) too far out of his 'comfort zone'..Knowing that you and Beardbrain, are veteran, seasoned, high $$$$ gambler's...and may be prone to hi-rolling...:cool:

However, I may be available for some side wagering,... as I am NOT on a budget !..:rolleyes:

PS..Please remember the 25 foot safety area, around Ghoatsy, when he is at the table..We don't want any injuries..:D :D

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
I don't know much about the Derby. I am entered into everything so I don't know how much spare time I will have. Staying at the hotel.

Bought an Audi A8 in Chicago and am picking it up on Jan. 10 and going to the Music City open. I like bar tables and need to play in a little competition before the Derby. Will be in Louisville early I guess.

I understand there is a player in Louisville named Tony? that likes to play one pocket.

Bill S.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I'm transferring over to here, where it more properly belongs, the post that John H. made today over in Freddy's new cue thread >>>

I have been dogging it brutally the past three weeks. Lucky for me it is only for $50 a game but it has added up to at least a thousand.

I am sure The Ghost can carry the load and help me get some of my money back.:eek:

Now then...re. this worrisome post by my partner :eek: I have a proposal to make for our Ghost/John vs. Billy/Beard partners game...

I propose that either a one ball spot, or 7-5 on the money, be given to the team who produces, as a team, the highest amount of current and verifiable prescriptions for medications, needed to be taken during the time period of this partners matchup...:eek:..:eek:...:heh

- Gho$t

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I don't know much about the Derby. I am entered into everything so I don't know how much spare time I will have. Staying at the hotel.

Bought an Audi A8 in Chicago and am picking it up on Jan. 10 and going to the Music City open. I like bar tables and need to play in a little competition before the Derby. Will be in Louisville early I guess.

I understand there is a player in Louisville named Tony? that likes to play one pocket.

Bill S.

I hope we have an opportunity to play one another, maybe we can fit in some short sets like races to 3 playing one pocket. Haven't played any pool since last year at the Derby, didn't do well then but this is another year. I have been practicing a little lately and feel I can play for 3 to 5 hrs. if needed, are we going to play?

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Doctor Bill...I have advised my homey, to keep the bet somewhat reasonable, so as not to get his partner (Ghoatsy) too far out of his 'comfort zone'..Knowing that you and Beardbrain, are veteran, seasoned, high $$$$ gambler's...and may be prone to hi-rolling...:cool:

However, I may be available for some side wagering,... as I am NOT on a budget !..:rolleyes:

PS..Please remember the 25 foot safety area, around Ghoatsy, when he is at the table..We don't want any injuries..:D :D

Fine with me, just send in your money with John and R.A. they can bet it for you, Freddie said that he doesn't want to play any thing cheaper than $10,000, I reasoned with him and he's good with $500 a man, race to 5. Artie will be there, i'm sure he'll bet you any amount you can count, providing he can coach us.:D

Billy I.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I'm transferring over to here, where it more properly belongs, the post that John H. made today over in Freddy's new cue thread >>>

Now then...re. this worrisome post by my partner :eek: I have a proposal to make for our Ghost/John vs. Billy/Beard partners game...

I propose that either a one ball spot, or 7-5 on the money, be given to the team who produces, as a team, the highest amount of current and verifiable prescriptions for medications, needed to be taken during the time period of this partners matchup...:eek:..:eek:...:heh

- Gho$t

I booked my first winner today ($100) against the guy who has been beating me lately and will try again tomorrow. While I was not heavily medicated, I had them in my pocket for security.

At 72 years old I have never had a back problem in my life until a couple weeks ago. Kaiser said I have Lumbar Scondylosis, which scared the hell out of me. My chiropractor said that is just a fancy term to say I am getting old and have some arthritis in my back.

The adjustments help so I am ready to take these guys off Ghosty. A partners race to five is fairly long, but I will go along with whatever.

We can play Thursday night if you want to. I would like to play in the banks.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I booked my first winner today ($100) against the guy who has been beating me lately and will try again tomorrow. While I was not heavily medicated, I had them in my pocket for security.

At 72 years old I have never had a back problem in my life until a couple weeks ago. Kaiser said I have Lumbar Scondylosis, which scared the hell out of me. My chiropractor said that is just a fancy term to say I am getting old and have some arthritis in my back.

The adjustments help so I am ready to take these guys off Ghosty. A partners race to five is fairly long, but I will go along with whatever.

We can play Thursday night if you want to. I would like to play in the banks.

Thanks for answering John, if a race to 5 is too long we can shorten it to 3 or 4. I don't know if Fred can hold on in a race to 5, lets make it 4. :) or maybe even 3.

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Thanks for answering John, if a race to 5 is too long we can shorten it to 3 or 4. I don't know if Fred can hold on in a race to 5, lets make it 4. :) or maybe even 3.

Billy I.

Please see new thread..."John H. and Ghoats vs Billy and Beardo"...:eek:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Hi-jacking is an art, this is plain out crude.:heh

Billy I.

I are not a "purfeshanul hi-jacker", (like Ghroat's) I only strive for success...Hurt feeler's do not concern me..:lol :p

SmartDuck <---Has heard Ghr:cool:atsy, is actually Somalian born...:eek:

Weatherman

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, Ga.
as I have said....

as I have said....

this has GOT to be worth 2 balls and the break!!!

In addition to the plate, 5 screws, 2 titanium rods under the top scar...
they took a 3 inch piece of my rib...which now resides in my NECK (between the rods) for crying out loud!!!

Attachments

• surgery1.JPG
    surgery1.JPG
    3.1 KB · Views: 0

Ktown

Verified Member

they took a 3 inch piece of my rib...which now resides in my NECK (between the rods) for crying out loud!!!

Dang Dave.....

I missed what happened, I had no idea you were dealing with that. Hope you are getting around OK and look forward to seeing you at Derby.

Daniel

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Ok but, I'll be taking three different meds at the DCC, which make me dizzy and blur my vision - so that makes us even..:heh...but just cuz I'm a nice guy, if we play, - I'll give you the first break...:)

- Gho$t

PS, On my meds, this is how the balls look to me...:eek: >>>

PPS, Sorry John...:sorry

Attachments

• Blurry balls.jpg
    Blurry balls.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 0

Deeman

Verified Member
Ok but, I'll be taking three different meds at the DCC, which make me dizzy and blur my vision - so that makes us even..:heh...but just cuz I'm a nice guy, if we play, - I'll give you the first break...:)

- Gho$t

PS, On my meds, this is how the balls look to me...:eek: >>>

PPS, Sorry John...:sorry

Sounds like half of you will be dead by the time we all arrive.... :)

DeeMan

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Sounds like half of you will be dead by the time we all arrive.... :)

DeeMan

Ah, they're just matching up. It's what I hate about pool. Why I never tell about my problems, people say " That's nothing, let me tell you what happened to me" :eek:
Rod.
P.S. I'm in perfect health and never miss a ball. :D

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
don't care who you are that was funny...lol

B

PS I may not make shots on the pool table... but I will put up my 35 years experience shooting 2.75 rockets against anybody...:cool: