Yeah....I meant to do that ;-)

C.E.

From
WV
Last game against a friend for table time.....I have pocket A...we both need 2
Wasnt sure if i can get the cue ball out of the way for the 1-railer on the 1...fig to 2-rail the 1 thin into the 15, moving it up a diamond or so and send the 1 back towards my hole..

START(
%AD1J4%JF2Z0%OF7D5%PC9O3%QA8[1%RI8L5%WC6H3%XD0I8%YD3D4%ZC5F6
%[D1W8%\D9C5%]I0M0%^D4K5%eB9b0
)END

1 caught the point and straight back into the hole ...15 sits there unmolested
Cueball at B....10's a duck....quack quack
Friend pays table time, never says a word.. I got dirty looks for a week...lol

C.E.

Chris Cass

Verified Member
Hi C.E.,

With all do respect, why would you take that shot? I'm thinking I would back cut the 10 ball in and work from there. If the wei is off and the 10 is uncutable then, I would still have kicked at the 15.

Well, I don't think you should have gotten dirty looks over a luck box shot but I would think you'd get some action after that? It's all fun anyway, I guess.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass

Verified Member
Hi Nick,

Seeing how C.E. didn't reply yet I might not take that shot only because it has to be shot perfect. Otherwise it might get in back of the 15 and kill the ball speed leaving it in the area of his pocket. Kind of like trapping it.

After all were talking about doing many things at once. Sending the cb up table, then banking the 15 out of there and also the 1 ball back on your side. I keep it as simple as I can but others might find they see it in another way. Hope this helps and I too am an aggressive player but there's times to run and there's time to duck.

I'm interested to see what others have to comment about this shot.

Regards,

C.C.

C.E.

From
WV
C.C. wrote:

"With all do respect, why would you take that shot? I'm thinking I would back cut the 10 ball in and work from there. If the wei is off and the 10 is uncutable then, I would still have kicked at the 15.

Well, I don't think you should have gotten dirty looks over a luck box shot but I would think you'd get some action after that? It's all fun anyway, I guess."

Let's assume the 10 doesnt cut and I can only see the right hand 1/3 of the 15. When you say kick..you mean long rail? The cue ball clearly doesnt go under the 1.
Thanks for the replies and opinions, I like to try stuff like that shot in a funsies game, a lot of times you learn more from your mistakes than your successes.
C.E.

Chris Cass

Verified Member
C.E. said:
C.C. wrote:

"With all do respect, why would you take that shot? I'm thinking I would back cut the 10 ball in and work from there. If the wei is off and the 10 is uncutable then, I would still have kicked at the 15.

Well, I don't think you should have gotten dirty looks over a luck box shot but I would think you'd get some action after that? It's all fun anyway, I guess."

Let's assume the 10 doesnt cut and I can only see the right hand 1/3 of the 15. When you say kick..you mean long rail? The cue ball clearly doesnt go under the 1.
Thanks for the replies and opinions, I like to try stuff like that shot in a funsies game, a lot of times you learn more from your mistakes than your successes.
C.E.

Yep, I'd kick the long rail and hopefully leave the 15 on the end rail, leaving the cb near it and not leave the bank combo, on the one. I kick the long rail quite a bit when I, get those locked breaks from my opponent. Especially, when the balls hanging in, his jaws. I can't play cheap. Everytime you play cheap you get burned.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass

Verified Member
Chris Cass said:
Yep, I'd kick the long rail and hopefully leave the 15 on the end rail, leaving the cb near it and not leave the bank combo, on the one. I kick the long rail quite a bit when I, get those locked breaks from my opponent. Especially, when the balls hanging in, his jaws. I can't play cheap. Everytime you play cheap you get burned.

Regards,

C.C.

Hi I suppose I should clarify what I meant by being cheap. What I mean is when your opponent has a ball locked almost in his pocket. Then, you must decide whether to knock it out or just make the ball and give up the shot.

Many times I've found that trying so hard to make a tough kickout just to save that one ball, is being cheap. Many times if you mess up you end up giving up more than that one stinken ball. Especially in the beginning of the game. I don't care what the score is in one pocket myself. The thing I must do is, know the score at all times.

Best Regards,

C.C.~~great post C.E.